to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2003, 12:12 AM
Palo Alto, California, United States
Joined Jan 2003
1,055 Posts
MAV Paper

Hrvoje,

I wrote that paper!

This work is now quite old (6 years!) and at the time Lithium batteries had nowhere near the power density they currently have. Most successful MAV's flown at the annual MAV competition are now electric powered because of the advances made in battery and motor technology. As for the rest of the paper, low aspect ratio wing design has been a key feature in most all successful MAV's, as predicted by the optimization analysis. The proposed "Heli-Rocket" ducted-propeller configuration is now being pursued by researchers in the USA funded by DARPA (Defense Advanced Resaerch Projects Agency). I am no longer promoting this configuration because recent flight tests with a larger scale version have shown excessive gust sensitivity.

Thanks for finding my web site!

Steve Morris
MLB Co.
www.spyplanes.com
mlbco is offline Find More Posts by mlbco
Old Apr 28, 2003, 10:51 AM
Zagreb, Croatia
Joined Sep 2002
378 Posts
Never mind Steve, article is still very interesting.

Hrvoje
hrvojekl is offline Find More Posts by hrvojekl