HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2009, 06:44 PM
Joined Jun 2007
550 Posts
Discussion
how to set my shocks up in stampede xl5

hey was just wondering i have aluminum shocks that u can regulate by twisting them how soft or stiff you want it and was just wondering how should i set them up for jumps, another thing is how can i raise the stampede?
kzpl14 is offline Find More Posts by kzpl14
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2009, 05:33 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,112 Posts
Setting up shocks is realle simple but you need to adjust them according the the type or riding and terrain you are riding on.

You idealy want the front to react quicker then the rear as for stiffness, you want to rc to ride with the A-arms almost parrallel with the ground or level with the rc (normally)

But if you are planning on jumping and getting some air then you are going to want to stiffen them a bit more to avoid bottoming out all the time.

Raising a rc is usualy done by mounting the shock in different holes or location on the shock towers and suspension arms. I can not tell you exactly as I am not familiar with you're rc.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:29 PM
Joined Jun 2007
550 Posts
alright thanks you sure did help me and when would you use soft on all 4 shocks is it like when rock crawling and things like that ?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 05:55 PM
Joined Jun 2007
550 Posts
alright so what i did is i got the rear shocks very stiff as much as they will go, and the front is soft as much as it will go and i gotta tell you its perfect, as wen i drop it now or jump you can see that the truck just lands perfect as the front absorbs the hit and levels out and the back takes a smaller impact which helps because then ur not bashing the motor. I dont know how else to explain it, you just kno its right lol.