HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:29 PM
Tear down the WALL!
southern Germany
Joined Oct 1998
1,396 Posts
Alert
OMG what a steal! BVM F-86 kit on RCU for sale! Great responses, too ;)

...fyi,
if I didn't have two already that'd be mine for sure!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=566216
Go, get it, it looks like a killer deal!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a pristine kit!

Raving,
Still temtped,
rgds
RD
ralf dvorak is offline Find More Posts by ralf dvorak
Last edited by ralf dvorak; Oct 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: grammar
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:53 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Ralf,

I don't think that it's the current kit. In today's world you get what you pay for.

Al
SCALEFAN is online now Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:05 PM
Tear down the WALL!
southern Germany
Joined Oct 1998
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
Ralf,

I don't think that it's the current kit. In today's world you get what you pay for.

Al
Of course, it's not the current kit. It's the original, that's why it's so good for the guys in the knowing.
RD
Last edited by ralf dvorak; Oct 23, 2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:25 PM
Raleigh, N.C.
Joined Dec 2001
311 Posts
sabre

looking through some old BVM price list. Still, if that is what you are looking for the price looks good. I would love to find a NIB BVM viper(old style)

1987 Sabre Kit $395.00

Unknown date $550.00
tanks $65.00
$615.00

1996 Sabre Kit $675.00
tanks $85.00
$760.00 total

1997 Sabre Kit $765.00
tanks 85.00
$850.00

1999 Sabre Kit $850.00
tanks 85.00
$935.00

2000 Sabre Kit $850.00
tanks 85.00
$935.00
KHorton is offline Find More Posts by KHorton
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:09 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,266 Posts
A 55 chevy was $2500 bucks new

you'll get a built one around $75000 now

looks like a nice kit
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:27 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
It is a very nice kit, and is well worth the asking price if it's complete.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Oct 24, 2009, 12:17 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Maybe worth the asking price, but not a killer bargain. You get what you pay for....I have been suckered in by these bargains in the past, and when all is said and done, the cost is the same as if you bought it new yourself.

The minute I saw the post I ran right over with my "buy it now" button ready to be pushed. Then, I thought for a second...the pictures are terrible, who knows what is supposed to be in the original kit? Who knows if all the parts are there? So, I went over to the BVM site, the new silver F86 is over 3 thousand bucks, can't be anywhere near the same as the kit being sold.

You might get what you pay for, or you might get way less.. So this guy had the plane stored for how many years? Bob V might have been a kid when that kit was made.

Ron, I have a client that is the number one manufacturer of 55,56,57 Chevy after market parts, I might take a chance on a chevy...but not one located in Canada. Rust is hard to fix.
SCALEFAN is online now Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Oct 24, 2009, 12:33 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
It is not the same kit as offered by BVM today, but it is a very good plane to convert to EDF. It is not by any means an ARF, there's a lot of old fashioned building involved on this one. It looks to be exactly the same as mine, and the one I have dates back to 97.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Oct 24, 2009, 06:22 AM
Tear down the WALL!
southern Germany
Joined Oct 1998
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
Maybe worth the asking price, but not a killer bargain. You get what you pay for....I have been suckered in by these bargains in the past, and when all is said and done, the cost is the same as if you bought it new yourself.

The minute I saw the post I ran right over with my "buy it now" button ready to be pushed. Then, I thought for a second...the pictures are terrible, who knows what is supposed to be in the original kit? Who knows if all the parts are there? So, I went over to the BVM site, the new silver F86 is over 3 thousand bucks, can't be anywhere near the same as the kit being sold.

You might get what you pay for, or you might get way less.. So this guy had the plane stored for how many years? Bob V might have been a kid when that kit was made.
Oh shhhhh ! I can't keep quiet about something like that.
Just another thread where you basically don't have anything constructive to say but just say something.
What a bufa you must be.

You have no idea why this kit is so valuable, I do, and some others do, too.

I doubt that you know that the wings are not even sheeted, ohhh, that would put you off, hmmm? Guess what? Not one control surface is prehinged and not one former is glued in!?

Well, you don't pay for it, as you say, guess why BV came out with all the ARF stuff?
SO THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN BUY IT AND SLAP IT TOGETHER.

The pictures are anything but terrible, I guess you haven't looked into a '90s BVM kit box ever? I wonder if you know old BV stuff at all.
You know what would be a shame? If you would buy the kit and ruin it.

You know what, I'm going to close this thread here and now, those interested can still get the alert and see the ad, and you can go ahead and report me for personal agression or whatever.

regards to all others,
let's go and build, winter's approaching.

cheers
RD

EDIT: well, I have been reported for the obvious reasons; too bad one cannot report PMs!

This is what I received as a PM, guess from whom

First Class Jerk

Hey ralf,

You are a first class ahole. I'd love you get into a shouting match with you. Want to compare experience? You are nothing but a dumb truck driver, and you act the part.

I have done things that jerks like you dream about doing, you need to learn some respect.

People like you were put on this earth to kiss the bottoms of others, but just the same you need to be put in your place. At my first opportunity I will put your picture in the bottom of the toilet bowl.
Last edited by ralf dvorak; Oct 24, 2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: I was asked to edit my post. So I do. ;)
Closed Thread