HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:31 AM
Joined Aug 2009
126 Posts
I am confused...

I have a AR7000 spectrum so i cant use http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...0&cat=0&page=1

The RSSI buffer is recommended for all EagleTree OSD-Pro installations
that monitor a R/C receiver’s analog RSSI signal. It is NOT used in JR/Spektrum® digital R/C receiver installations
(please use part number ET-CAB-SPEK instead).

I already have the gps connected to the ELogger port so i cant use this ET-CAB-SPEK http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16314.

NOTE: at this time, the Interface cable CANNOT be used simultaneously with the GPS Expander, as they use the same port. Eagle Tree is
developing a solution to this shortcoming.

AND i cannot connect the analog RSSI cable of my AR7000 RX directly to my ELogger for it draws / can draw to much power and weaken my RX / TX signal.

If i understand what ever so far, do i use / do this

( From BlusAngel2000 )

After reading this thread over and over i came to the conclusion
that i have to build the "buffer' from BlueAngel2000 and solder a wire
to my Ar7000 RSSI analog pin, the blue wire go to the temp 2 port
of the ELogger and the "-"(maybe not needed for it is already grounded through AUX channel)
and "+" (needed) go to any channel pin on the RC RX.

Do i understand this?

Thanks
Moosthegoose is offline Find More Posts by Moosthegoose
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2010, 05:27 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
I hooked up the RSSI from a DragonLink 9 channel receiver to the Temp1 input (center pin) of the eLogger and it works very well without a buffer.
Crist Rigotti is online now Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Last edited by Crist Rigotti; Oct 24, 2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Changed OSD Pro to eLogger
Old Oct 24, 2010, 05:54 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
I hooked up the RSSI from a DragonLink 9 channel receiver to the Temp1 input (center pin) of the OSD Pro and it works very well without a buffer.
That's good to hear Crist, however I have not had the same results of late.

Do you also use the ground from the DL (next to the RSSI pin) to the ground of temp 1? Or is it a single wire only?

Hooked up as you describe I get a random number generator which drops to zero at anytime the motor runs. I have had a RP8D1 modified for RSSI out working within the exact same setup (no buffer).

Have DL changed the RSSI pin at any stage after they did their documentation that you are aware of?

Thanks,
George
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:08 PM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb_number View Post
That's good to hear Crist, however I have not had the same results of late.

Do you also use the ground from the DL (next to the RSSI pin) to the ground of temp 1? Or is it a single wire only?

Hooked up as you describe I get a random number generator which drops to zero at anytime the motor runs. I have had a RP8D1 modified for RSSI out working within the exact same setup (no buffer).

Have DL changed the RSSI pin at any stage after they did their documentation that you are aware of?

Thanks,
George
Goerge,
Only the single wire can be hooked up. From the + of the DL receiver to the center pin of Temp1 of the eLogger. I just ran my motor and all is well.
With the RSSI "ground" wire also hooked up, I had several OSD display settings "pinball" and the numbers were all over the place. Do not use the "ground" wire!
Last edited by Crist Rigotti; Oct 24, 2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Changed OSD to eLogger
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:16 PM
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Goerge,
Only the single wire can be hooked up. From the + of the DL receiver to the center pin of Temp1 of the OSD Pro. I just ran my motor and all is well.
With the RSSI "ground" wire also hooked up, I had several OSD display settings "pinball" and the numbers were all over the place. Do not use the "ground" wire!
Thanks Crist. No I haven't used 'that' pin, I was just tossing it out there as a possible solution. I'll need to look further into it, I'm thinking I missed something else.

Cheers.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,330 Posts
Maybe you are getting noise from the other wires nearby, I have a ferrite core on mine and it works well.

metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:29 PM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfred View Post
Maybe you are getting noise from the other wires nearby, I have a ferrite core on mine and it works well.

I didn't think of using a ferrite core on mine. Maybe I'll add one near the eLogger.
Last edited by Crist Rigotti; Oct 24, 2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Changed OSD to eLogger
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:30 PM
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Metalfred,

Thanks for the picture, that's why I asked Crist if there had been any changes on the board for the RSSI pin. I have the 9ch Rx on the red board as shown on the DL site. I'm guessing the actual RSSI pin is the one indicated on the site picture? (closest to the middle of the board) Your RSSI pin shown as being closest to the edge of the board.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:32 PM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,330 Posts
Thumb: the RSSI pin is the one showed on the picture, closest to the edge of the board. I also have the red board and it is the same pin for them.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:32 PM
Thou who know not
USA, MI, Mason
Joined Jul 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb_number View Post
Metalfred,

Thanks for the picture, that's why I asked Crist if there had been any changes on the board for the RSSI pin. I have the 9ch Rx on the red board as shown on the DL site. I'm guessing the actual RSSI pin is the one indicated on the site picture? (closest to the middle of the board) Your RSSI pin shown as being closest to the edge of the board.
If you have a red board I would contact Daniel directly about it's pinout and capabilities.
Po73 is offline Find More Posts by Po73
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:36 PM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po73 View Post
If you have a red board I would contact Daniel directly about it's pinout and capabilities.
The red and blue boards are exactly the same receiver. At least I'm pretty sure. I read this on the DL forum.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:37 PM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,330 Posts
Here is what Daniel Wee said when I have asked him:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5871
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:37 PM
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfred View Post
Thumb: the RSSI pin is the one showed on the picture, closest to the edge of the board. I also have the red board and it is the same pin for them.
Right, that maybe my problem....... I am using the inside pin. I'll swap it over tonight and have another go.

Thanks guy's.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 09:20 PM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,097 Posts
Quote:
I hooked up the RSSI from a DragonLink 9 channel receiver to the Temp1 input (center pin) of the OSD Pro and it works very well without a buffer.
You're talking about the E-logger, not the Osd-Pro, right? There is no Temp input on the Osd-Pro. The reason I mention this is because I have the glide FDR and it is not capable of accepting the rssi input, which is a major bummer
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Old Oct 24, 2010, 09:35 PM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsowder View Post
You're talking about the E-logger, not the Osd-Pro, right? There is no Temp input on the Osd-Pro. The reason I mention this is because I have the glide FDR and it is not capable of accepting the rssi input, which is a major bummer
My bad. You're right! I'll make that correction right away.