HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2010, 03:18 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Ground is on the receiver everywhere the same.
Connecting the RSSI to the OSD, should work in most situation without a second ground wire, because mostly ground is shared with other connection between OSD an the rest of the system.

If it is not, you will need a second ground wire. (not only the blue RSSI wire)
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2010, 12:35 PM
Joined Dec 2009
68 Posts
Bill... or anyone...

1) can the RSSI buffer from DPCAV be used with the FMA head (sensor only) and, if so, how would this get wired since both need to connect to the TMP1 pins the way i understand it?

2) are the FMA sensor to eLogger cables available yet?

3) return to home obviously uses some flight stabilization, provided by GPS and the FMA sensor i assume. why is the stabilization exclusive to RTH mode and not available in normal flight mode? it appears to me that the Eagle Tree electronics are basically capable of what the FMA flight computer can do.
e.Man is offline Find More Posts by e.Man
Old Feb 12, 2010, 04:03 PM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2004
131 Posts
Hi!

I tried to connect RSSI pin of Futaba 6014RS (as in attachment) but I get quite strange results: usually RSSI displayed is 1 (jumps to 12-16), when I put transmitter "test" mode (lower power) it goes to higher valves, but jumps a lot.

Any ideas or need for modifications? (HW buffer perhaps - now I have it connected directly?)

Regards,
Grega
mucek is offline Find More Posts by mucek
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:03 AM
I reject your reality... :-)
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Kvistgård
Joined Oct 2009
1 Posts
Hi All

This RSSI is giving me some problems.

I have soldered the thin wire to the chip in the reciever ( Hitec HFD 08RO ) and i see the signal strength on the screen and it works when i turn the tx on and off but...

i loose the control over the servoes they just stop working?? :-( if i disconnect the temp1 connector on the eLogger then no rssi but the servoes work again???

any ideas?

Soren
srolin is offline Find More Posts by srolin
Old Mar 20, 2010, 01:05 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srolin View Post
Hi All

This RSSI is giving me some problems.

I have soldered the thin wire to the chip in the reciever ( Hitec HFD 08RO ) and i see the signal strength on the screen and it works when i turn the tx on and off but...

i loose the control over the servoes they just stop working?? :-( if i disconnect the temp1 connector on the eLogger then no rssi but the servoes work again???

any ideas?

Soren
you will need an RSSI buffer as i described a few posts above.

The RSSI Voltage breaks down, when a load is connected.
In this case the elogger.
The buffer solves this problem, and the rssi voltage is not drawn down.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 04:17 AM
I reject your reality... :-)
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Kvistgård
Joined Oct 2009
1 Posts
Hi BlueAngel

Thanks ill get one. :-)
srolin is offline Find More Posts by srolin
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:43 PM
Align heli fan
Melbourne
Joined Dec 2009
137 Posts
Do we have a solution for ET GPS unit & Spektrum RSSI link to work at the same time for OSD pro yet?
Flywitme is offline Find More Posts by Flywitme
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:04 PM
France
Joined Sep 2009
80 Posts
hello

sorry my english is not good ! i have read this post but i have question if i no understand =)
i have buy this week osd pro and i have receveirs futaba 319 dps. i have locate rssi.
you say " It is recommended that a noise filter be added to the wire connecting to the RSSI input. One such noise filter is a small toroid with 10-15 turns of wire, added to the connection."
and " The best option is to use a high impedance input buffer can be placed between the receiver's RSSI output, and the eLogger's Temperature 1 input. Such a buffer is available at http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16500." i think this option is for lrs ...
also , this buffer is necessary for my configuration or just noise filter with toroid ? or i connect diretly rssi ouput to conect pin of the logger's "temperature 1" input ?
thank you
francois
fjnetcom is offline Find More Posts by fjnetcom
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:09 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjnetcom View Post
hello

sorry my english is not good ! i have read this post but i have question if i no understand =)
i have buy this week osd pro and i have receveirs futaba 319 dps. i have locate rssi.
you say " It is recommended that a noise filter be added to the wire connecting to the RSSI input. One such noise filter is a small toroid with 10-15 turns of wire, added to the connection."
and " The best option is to use a high impedance input buffer can be placed between the receiver's RSSI output, and the eLogger's Temperature 1 input. Such a buffer is available at http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16500." i think this option is for lrs ...
also , this buffer is necessary for my configuration or just noise filter with toroid ? or i connect diretly rssi ouput to conect pin of the logger's "temperature 1" input ?
thank you
francois
better use a buffer.
selfmade or buy it from dpcav
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
e.Man/Flywithme, and others, we are presently working on an expander board which provides:

a) Simultaneous Spektrum digital RSSI and GPS
b) Buffered, high impedance Analog RSSI input
c) Inputs for both analog and digital FMA thermal sensors
d) filtering of 12V power for cameras
e) monitoring of 3 voltage inputs

This board will be needed if you want to use simultaneous GPS and Spektrum RSSI, or simultaneous analog RSSI and FMA thermal sensors.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 27, 2010, 07:50 PM
Align heli fan
Melbourne
Joined Dec 2009
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
e.Man/Flywithme, and others, we are presently working on an expander board which provides:

a) Simultaneous Spektrum digital RSSI and GPS
b) Buffered, high impedance Analog RSSI input
c) Inputs for both analog and digital FMA thermal sensors
d) filtering of 12V power for cameras
e) monitoring of 3 voltage inputs

This board will be needed if you want to use simultaneous GPS and Spektrum RSSI, or simultaneous analog RSSI and FMA thermal sensors.
COOL!!!
any ETA?
i've got EE, OSD Pro, GPS, TEMP sensor,..etc, with Spektrum, but not dare to FPV with my clouds fly yet worrying I will lose the investment...
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:20 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Fly,
Quote:
any ETA?
I've stopped giving out ship date predictions, due to past unpleasant experiences doing so, but I can tell you where we're at: the prototype PC board arrived last week, and firmware is being finished for the board. The next steps are to prove the hardware and get it in production, and complete the OSD Pro firmware changes for it.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 28, 2010, 05:00 PM
Align heli fan
Melbourne
Joined Dec 2009
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Fly, I've stopped giving out ship date predictions, due to past unpleasant experiences doing so, but I can tell you where we're at: the prototype PC board arrived last week, and firmware is being finished for the board. The next steps are to prove the hardware and get it in production, and complete the OSD Pro firmware changes for it.
arrggh, I can understand =)
Thanks for the almost-eta though that sounds encouraging enough
gonna wait for it patiently
Old Apr 09, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2006
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
Hi,

for those who don't want to buy a 20$ RSSI Buffer from DPCAV, here is a short how to build:

1. Why?
Because when you hook up the RSSI Output of the receiver direct to an OSD, some current is drawn from the receiver. In a few cases the voltage breaks down and can cause range problems.
So, here comes the buffer. It will copy the RSSI voltage and supplies enough current for the OSDs to measure the RSSI voltage.
No more problems.

The material costs are around 1-2 USD.
You will need an Operational Amplifier and some servo cable and a Toroid Ferrite Core.

For the OP you will need a LM358.
We need to build an Voltage follower.

Its very easy to build this one.
I used a 2mm gold connector to connect the rssi buffer to the rssi output of my Futaba R1410DP.
Look at the photos, how i solder it together.
Quite easy.
5g with all connectors ready to use.
Works perfect.

Feel free to ask.

Where is the +ve and gnd connected to? The OSD Pro or Rx?

Thanks.
JeffY is offline Find More Posts by JeffY
Old Apr 10, 2010, 07:19 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffY View Post
Where is the +ve and gnd connected to? The OSD Pro or Rx?

Thanks.
both to the receiver.
so the buffer is supplied with the 5v voltage from the receiver.

GND is already shared from the receiver and the OSD Pro through one of the AUX connections.