HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:32 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,781 Posts
Discussion
Ritewing RC IYF 44''

Guys we have ben doing nite flying pylon combat with these with led cover pylon poles.

They are epp coverd in 3 mil clear lam film that makes them almost bullet proof.

I sell them as kits or rtf NF, the camera is a litle over exposed they are not so overbearing,they are bright and clear

They are the most fun ever at appx 16 to 22 oz

Chris
Ritewingrc.com
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:47 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Heres my second IYF 44. My first ran on a 1700kv BlueWonder and a 1300mah 3s pack.

It flew great but lacked vertical. Nice for mellow nite flying but I wanted a bit more pep. This one runs a Microdan 2505 2800 kv with a 2s pack and 8" prop. Much more grunt while maintaining low amp draw as well as keeping the weight down. The top end is pretty tame but performance is definitely up compared to the BW.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:07 PM
DLG Grim Reaper
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
132 Posts
Very nice guys. I guess I need to get off my arse and start building one of these for SEFF duty next year. What's the covering you're using to toughen these birds up? My planes can use all the help they can get.
Yardracer is offline Find More Posts by Yardracer
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:40 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Its laminating film AKA "new stuff" We use both 1.5mil and 3mil up to 5 depending on application. You can get it at office supply or talk to CK.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:26 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,283 Posts
Hey, Adam!

Those night flyers look great! Gotta get out to Tim's and avail myself of Glamis Regional at night!

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:43 AM
DLG Grim Reaper
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
132 Posts
Rock on! Time to get building...
Yardracer is offline Find More Posts by Yardracer
Old Mar 08, 2010, 12:09 PM
ago involo ergo sum
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
413 Posts
colouring top & bottom surfaces

Can you guys confirm that it's not practical or possible to have different colours on the top & bottom surface of a foam wing because the colour from on surface "glows through" the foam.

If one mounts one colour of leds projecting into the foam from the upper surface and mounts another colour set of leds on the bottom surface projecting into the foam, then all you end up with is a blend of those colours "glowing up" the foam.

OR are the two colours discernable top to bottom in flight?
MikeAnderson is offline Find More Posts by MikeAnderson
Old Mar 09, 2010, 11:37 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAnderson View Post
Can you guys confirm that it's not practical or possible to have different colours on the top & bottom surface of a foam wing because the colour from on surface "glows through" the foam.

If one mounts one colour of leds projecting into the foam from the upper surface and mounts another colour set of leds on the bottom surface projecting into the foam, then all you end up with is a blend of those colours "glowing up" the foam.

OR are the two colours discernable top to bottom in flight?
Mine was clearly discernible, But.... I sunk the pattern on top then had the leds exposed on the bottom, The white was so bright you could not see the bleedthrough at all.