Closed Thread
Old Oct 22, 2009, 01:49 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,810 Posts
Discussion
Horizon Hobbies Customer Service Still #1

FIRST OFF I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH HORIZON HOBBY. BUT, IN A WORLD OF UNANSWERED, UNRETURNED PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS, HORIZON HOBBIES SEEMS TO BE SETTING THE BAR VERY HIGH WITH THE BEST IN COURTEOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SPEEDY REPAIRS. THEY NOT ONLY GO FAR OUT OF THEIR WAY TO BRING YOU FAST, ACCURATE AND FRIENDLY SERVICE BUT ALSO SEEM TO ALWAYS BE ONE STEP AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION. THANK YOU HORIZON HOBBY FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND AS ALWAYS, I LOOK FORWARD TO MY NEXT PURCHASE FROM YOU AND CONTINUE MY LOYAL SUPPORT TO YOUR PRODUCTS.
Steve B / Roscoe IL. (fixxin2fly)
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The family continues to grow
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2009, 02:00 PM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Oct 2002
1,354 Posts
I second the motion. :>)
mode1 is offline Find More Posts by mode1
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:12 PM
USA, PA, Carlisle
Joined Aug 2005
68 Posts
Horizon

Thats why I bought Spektrum and not Futaba when I was looking for a new radio. Treated me very well....
Stewby is offline Find More Posts by Stewby
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:15 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2009
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
FIRST OFF I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH HORIZON HOBBY. BUT, IN A WORLD OF UNANSWERED, UNRETURNED PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS, HORIZON HOBBIES SEEMS TO BE SETTING THE BAR VERY HIGH WITH THE BEST IN COURTEOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SPEEDY REPAIRS. THEY NOT ONLY GO FAR OUT OF THEIR WAY TO BRING YOU FAST, ACCURATE AND FRIENDLY SERVICE BUT ALSO SEEM TO ALWAYS BE ONE STEP AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION. THANK YOU HORIZON HOBBY FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND AS ALWAYS, I LOOK FORWARD TO MY NEXT PURCHASE FROM YOU AND CONTINUE MY LOYAL SUPPORT TO YOUR PRODUCTS.

I also second that. I love horizon hobby. They replaced my dx6i that was under recall with a dx7!
lazer155 is offline Find More Posts by lazer155
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:20 PM
Too much power = Just enough
East Liverpool, Ohio The armpit of America
Joined Apr 2007
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
In all my dealings with Horizon,they have been nothing but EXCEPTIONAL,none better in my opinion!Always willing to help out.I will also continue my loyal support!
misplacedtexan is offline Find More Posts by misplacedtexan
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:30 PM
USA, CA, Orange
Joined Aug 2008
124 Posts
I am not sure if this is normal policy but I had crashed my Blade MCX and pulled some of the power wires out of the 4n1 board. I called Horizon about ordering a replacement 4n1 and they said just to send it in and they might be able to fix it. I sent just the helicopter in, and in less than 2 weeks they had sent me a brand new MCX still sealed in a box with a new battery and charger at no charge. Customer service like this will keep me a loyal customer to Horizon.
OCLightning is offline Find More Posts by OCLightning
Old Oct 23, 2009, 01:51 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
Tosev 3
Joined Feb 2003
1,032 Posts
They sent a part I had ordered (it was wrong one, oh well). When I notified them they sent out the correct part and did not require returning the other one. No other places I know of will that, and, I had the correct one in only a day or two.
DR. JOY is offline Find More Posts by DR. JOY
Old Oct 23, 2009, 03:15 PM
Clinton, N.C.
Joined Jun 2009
11 Posts
I agree but to give credit where credit is due; I have had very good service from Tower as well. Horizon and Tower my be a little higher than some of the discount mail order companies but you get what you pay for. I still whenever possible, try to support my LHS but always use the items offered by one of the two suppliers mentioned. I have found that my LHS generally has the same MAP prices as both Horizon and Tower and will match whatever discounts they are offering. Most of the Hobby Shops are Mom & Pop operations who are trying to keep their doors open and compete with large discount companies and to not support them we are shooting ourselves in the foot. How many times have you needed a $2.00 item to finish or repair a plane, car, boat, or etc for a show or fly-in? When you are fortunate enough to have the LHS down the street you hop in your car and go pick it up to finish your project vs sitting down at your PC placing an order and paying $5.00-$10.00 in shipping not to mention waiting a week.

All of this to say: "Good Products Are Not Cheap and Cheap Products Are Not Good" and try to support your Local Hobby Store whenever possible.

My 2 cents worth.
tes21966 is offline Find More Posts by tes21966
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:49 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,240 Posts
Most of those Illinois-ans are down-to-earth, good people. At least I know I USED to be.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Horizon has been very, very good to me. I waited for Hitec to release a 2.4 system and gave up, buying a Spektrum system.

I was sad to leave Hitec, another fantastic company, but I'm glad to be with an equally fine company, now.

Isn't it amazing how good some of these companies are!
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:49 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,470 Posts
I has a issue with them , took way way too long to get a replacement plane , but after many calls they more than made it up to me , (sent 2 planes with radios , the one returned was no radio )...............
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Oct 27, 2009, 03:21 PM
United States, CA, Culver City
Joined Apr 2008
66 Posts
I have 2 complaints about Horizon. First one which pertains to customer service is, long wait times to speak with someone. I spent 30 min on the phone waiting to speak to a human. I understand they have the call back option but when I call great planes someone picks up instantly.

Number two: Their website layout is horrible. Search function on their website is archaic. Does not compare to Tower Hobbies nor smaller sites like Amainhobbies.com

As far as the product they offer, its top notch, no questions there. I love Hangar 9 planes. :-)
RamanD is offline Find More Posts by RamanD
Old Oct 27, 2009, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
The call back function has been great, for me: I enter my number, hang up, and within 10 minutes or so I get a call!
Old Nov 13, 2009, 06:39 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,810 Posts
Well once again, Horizon has outdone themselves. On 11-05-09 I sent my 6i in for a repair. Well today, 8 days later, its repaired and on my doorstep with an early X-mas present enclosed, no charge, for my inconvenience. It just doesnt get any better. Thanks again Horizon!!! Youre the best. Steve
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The family continues to grow
Old Nov 13, 2009, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
I can do better than that-sent in 3 AR 6100's to be reprogrammed and got back 3 NIP AR 6110's with a nice note saying your antennae looked iffy, so....

It's a very fine company, which must mean great management and great employees.
Closed Thread