Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:08 PM
A Snickering Hound
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Haha! I just snagged one of these bad boys RTF on ebay for 40 bux, expect to see some mods and flight vids soon lads
Should be very interesting!
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:34 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
So I got my mCX TR today and disappointed is an understatement

It was advertised as RTF with around 10 flights: http://www.ebay.de/itm/170990636366?...84.m1497.l2649

The body is smashed to oblivion! Also all 4 canopy mounting grommets are missing, 1 of the navigation lights doesn't work, the rear upper shaft hub has been broken and a poor attempt has been made to fix it, and the swashplate is sitting outside of its retaining forks.

This item should have been advertised as FNF (Fix 'n' Fly), with 100+ flights and heavily damaged.

The seller was kind enough to throw in a spare canopy though, but even that one is in poor shape There are no grommets, the rear fender is hanging off, and the body is cracked around where 1 of the canopy mounting grommets should have been

I am trying to build a case to report the seller to ebay! I want to keep the heli and repair it, but I want some of my money back for the deceptive item description.

I paid 41EUR for it ($54 USD): How much do you think its worth?
Seller said it had around 10 flights: How many flights do you think it has really seen?
If I was to get a portion of money back for repairs: How much do you think should be refunded?

I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could answer the above questions for me to aid my case

Thanks,
Valiant GLX
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:37 AM
A Snickering Hound
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Wow, that's a shame. So sorry valiant. Any chance any of the damage occurred during shipping? My only poor experience with eBay was when I found myself in a similar situation. Long story short, in the end, as long as the seller could prove he sent something (could have been a brick for all they knew), eBay wouldn't do a thing. Mind you I'm going back some years and things may have changed.

Regarding price, I paid $65 shipped for mine several moths ago. That was in the original BNF box so shipping was probably ~$10 give or take. The heli was in like-new condition. I may have overpaid a little but so far it has been worth every penny.

Have you contacted the seller? Perhaps they would be willing to make things right.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:13 AM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,122 Posts
Wow that is rough. I bought a parts bird with bad motors for $25 shipped in the states and the body was cracked in a few places and missing one of the wheel side covers. I would have only paid $20 for that mess, max!
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Building a Sig Herr Air Boss
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:16 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,643 Posts
How is the 3-in-1 RX board, valiantGLX? If that's in good condition (e.g. motors spin okay, the servo works, it binds, etc...) then at least that's half the battle as it's the most expensive part.

Did the seller not adequately describe the damage in the ebay auction with pictures? If that's the case then you might have a pretty strong case to file a complaint...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:30 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
How is the 3-in-1 RX board, valiantGLX? If that's in good condition (e.g. motors spin okay, the servo works, it binds, etc...) then at least that's half the battle as it's the most expensive part.

Did the seller not adequately describe the damage in the ebay auction with pictures? If that's the case then you might have a pretty strong case to file a complaint...
There was no mention of damage, just that it has around 10 flights on it, there were no photos of the damage either

The control, battery, charger, motors and 3-in-1 all work fine, just there is no canopy mounting grommets, the upper rotor hubs have been badly repaired, one of the navi lights doesnt work and the body is falling apart.

I complained and he said that he wasnt aware of the condition because he was selling it for his son and that I should send it back!

I told him that I want to keep it but get some money back because the damage wasnt documented and I wouldnt have bid so high if I knew what state it was in.

Im waiting on a reply now
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:32 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
The seller just agreed to give me 20EUR back, in return for positive feedback and not to report him to ebay. Luckily for him I have no morals and accepted the deal
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:02 PM
A Snickering Hound
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Quote:
The seller just agreed to give me 20EUR back, in return for positive feedback and not to report him to ebay. Luckily for him I have no morals and accepted the deal
Let the modding begin!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:18 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddie View Post
Let the modding begin!
I'll have something to post soon my friend

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're even selling motors and main frames for under $2 USD

Shipping is extreme for international buyers, but it is still well worth it considering the savings. 1 motor in Germany costs 9EUR, I just bought 4 from hopmeup for 6USD
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:46 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Nearly got the advanced swashplate from an mCX2 to fit on the TR Problem is it sits too high once on the heli, Im thinking about only half bedding the bearing and gluing it in so the 4 balls sits higher.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:04 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,134 Posts
Quote:
So I got my mCX TR today and disappointed is an understatement

It was advertised as RTF with around 10 flights: http://www.ebay.de/itm/170990636366?...84.m1497.l2649

The body is smashed to oblivion! Also all 4 canopy mounting grommets are missing, 1 of the navigation lights doesn't work, the rear upper shaft hub has been broken and a poor attempt has been made to fix it, and the swashplate is sitting outside of its retaining forks.

This item should have been advertised as FNF (Fix 'n' Fly), with 100+ flights and heavily damaged.

The seller was kind enough to throw in a spare canopy though, but even that one is in poor shape There are no grommets, the rear fender is hanging off, and the body is cracked around where 1 of the canopy mounting grommets should have been

I am trying to build a case to report the seller to ebay! I want to keep the heli and repair it, but I want some of my money back for the deceptive item description.

I paid 41EUR for it ($54 USD): How much do you think its worth?
Seller said it had around 10 flights: How many flights do you think it has really seen?
If I was to get a portion of money back for repairs: How much do you think should be refunded?

I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could answer the above questions for me to aid my case

Thanks,
Valiant GLX
What kind of package did that come in? Hopmeup should have some parts to fix it...Check it out, new body for $5.

http://www.hopmeup.com/E-Flite%2c%20...ndem%20Rescue/
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:25 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
What kind of package did that come in? Hopmeup should have some parts to fix it...Check it out, new body for $5.

http://www.hopmeup.com/E-Flite%2c%20...ndem%20Rescue/
It came in the original box with a spare second hand canopy, the spare canopy only has one crack.

I found hopmeup, I posted the link above Problem with their $4 canopy is that they want $44 for postage. Everything else was like $22 and $0.50 for additional items, so I bought parts to basically build another TR (with the exception of the canopy)
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:53 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Sorry for the delay in my mods but here they are

Here is a Build/Upgrade Log of my BLADE Tandem Rescue

Please click HERE to access the entire entry
Old Jun 14, 2014, 07:50 AM
Martin
Joined Jun 2014
11 Posts
Swashplate fix - sideways flying now ok!

I've been cleaning up my r/c models to make way for some new, and found my MCX Tandem Rescue again which I bought over two-and-a-half years ago. It never flew right and I stuffed it away at the time. It kept rotating to the right almost every flight (rudder trim left didn't help much), and sideways-right it flew also backwards, while sideways-left it flew also forward (so it flew diagonally). Kept bothering me ever since. This time I thought, let's try to fix this one more time, since it is such a nice model tandem! So I read this complete thread, and then some.

Now I 'fixed' the right turning by removing and inserting the battery again directly after lift-off and a quick landing, this seems to be some kind of gyro initialisation going wrong almost every time after first power-up. Can live with that now.

The right-backward / left-forward flight when only using aileron control, was much harder to fix. I noticed that both the fore and aft swashplates are controlled by one servo each, the swashplates rotating around two pins on opposite sides. From the handsome remarks made by el guapo (# 727) I noticed as well that these pins however are not fixed, but instead are resting in a small u-shaped piece of plastic, open at the top. When the servo pushes the swashplate up / down, these pins don't stay in one place but freely and unequally move a bit up or down, thereby changing the angle of the swashplate in other then the intended direction.

The pinch trick used by el guapo did't work for me, I could not get the ends of the u-shape pinched together to fix the pins, and dared not to force it.

So after trying to bind the pins down using thin wire and small elastic bands (which did not work out because there are no easy attaching point anywhere, and it is hard to reach anything throught the top openings, and I did not want to take the canopy off), I finally took some shrinktube 2.5 mm diameter, cut 13 mm off, and using small nail scissors cut it open over 9 mm. Four pieces I made. These I slid from above onto each of the four pin connections down over the u-shaped bracket in which they sit. This fixed the rotation points of the pins. Above the pin 4 mm of the shrinktube remains, this does not hamper the rotation of the swashplate. Apart from shrinktube, I suppose any elastic kind of tubing will do the trick.

Now with only 5 clicks left rudder on the stock transmitter (the MLP4DSM), my Tandem Rescue hovers without any more trim, turns left and right at equal speed, flies forwards and backwards at almost the same speed, and flies sideways with only a litte remaining forward/backward motion.

A pleasure to fly it now in the living room! Although maybe I should send it now to the museum almost 5 years after it's initial release...

It's a shame Blade / E-flite did not properly design such really important details of this beautiful tandem.
mcrown is offline Find More Posts by mcrown
Last edited by mcrown; Jun 14, 2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:19 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,643 Posts
Very nice job repairing yours. I now have 3 of them (two with Nine Eagles Twingo canopies) and they all fly reasonably well. I really do need to take them to an indoor flying area this winter and let them loose.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member