SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:55 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
. . . every time I fly it I have to spool it and land it again and then remove and reinstall battery. If I do not do this it tends to rotate on the rudder axis to the right. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Hi. I have the same problem. Easy to apply the fix though... My drift isn't bad though. It is just too much drift to fix with trim.
OK I just tried my Tandem and it does the same thing! I never noticed that before. That's very strange.

regards . . . g

ps: Anybody seen this pic before? I still have 3 of the 4. Anyone need a part that is hard to find (except for pcb, as I have only 1 spare) - let me know.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:31 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
It's the strangest thing... every once in a great while it will work without having to reinstall batt... but it's probably only like one out of 5-8 flights... it makes absolutely no sense
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:00 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
Quote:
It's the strangest thing... every once in a great while it will work without having to reinstall batt... but it's probably only like one out of 5-8 flights... it makes absolutely no sense
I'm guessing it's a bug in the firmware or else a quirk in the gyro hardware.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:09 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,324 Posts
Hey! Still flying mine..anyone using a DX6i and want to share there settings?
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:12 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Right here, I like these, although I did tweak very slightly a couple of the settings.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:12 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
I fly mine with no expo and no D/R... I just have to install the battery twice to get the gyros to function properly.... must be a fail safe feature just in case you may have accidentally installed the battery the 1st time
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:14 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
I fly mine with no expo and no D/R... I just have to install the battery twice to get the gyros to function properly.... must be a fail safe feature just in case you may have accidentally installed the battery the 1st time
Weird. I don't seem to ever have to do this. Either that or I am so inexperienced that I don't know any better, lol. But I can fly it pretty well, so must be working.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
Quote:
Yup. As has been discussed before, mine does the same. I have a slight rudder bias that goes away if I "reboot" the heli after flying it for a few seconds. Weird. Must be a systematic firmware bug or something.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:34 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
If she doesn't "rudder" around on her own you are a lucky guy... wanna trade???
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:37 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
How fast are you meaning for the "ruddering around"? Mine does do that, but slowly, so I thought it just out of trim?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
When I first plug the battery in and take off, mine yaws slowly in one direction. I can't trim it out on my TX. To fix it, all i have to do is land, pull the battery out for a few seconds, plug it back in, and then from that point on the heli stays perfectly still at center stick.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:57 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Well, I guess I do have that. But not every time. Is it every time with you? I just flew it and it did not seem to have it this time. But I did have it before a few times and tried to trim it but it didnt help.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:01 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Mine slowly rotates to the right, but it takes almost full left rudder to make it hover stationary. Doesn't matter if I use the rudder stick or the trim adjustment. If I unplug the batt and plug it back in after adjusting the trim to compensate for right turn, it will then rotate to the left. Just plug battery in, take off and land... re-insert batt and she flies perfectly... it is quite odd...

Better than never flying perfectly... I guess
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:02 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Just saw that part... no it's about 5 out of 8 flights. Sometimes it will work straight away... but more often than not it doesn't.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:03 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Do these have the same controller boards as the regular MCX or MCX2?