HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:10 PM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I'm still enjoying my Tandem. The lights are great and I love zipping it around my studio.

I haven't tried it yet, but I assume that setting the throws on a DX6i for the elevator and rudder to +125% shouldn't hurt anything since they don't actually use the servos to control the motion. Has that been people's experience as well?
I've had no issues since I set the throws to 125% for all 3.

I also flew the Tandem some with my 150s and 160s for my mSRX, flight time was only about 4 minutes, but seemed to perform fine.
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:55 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
+1 to having no issues with throws at those settings.

As an interesting note, I was flying on the back porch yesterday. ( In dead calm air... ) About one minute into the flight, what looked like a robin swooped down and smacked it out of the air and flew off. Surprised the heck outta me! But was extremely funny. No damage to the tandem
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:26 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
Thanks, guys. I tried 125% throw on my aileron roll settings and watched the servos move as I moved the stick while on the ground (no throttle). At 100%, they pretty much stopped moving. I frankly don't think that setting the servos to 125% actually does anything once you pass the servo limits. At least that's the way it operates on my heli.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Mar 2009
266 Posts
Hey guys,

We've just made some 300mAh Tandem lipos but they came out being a little thicker than our 270mAh version, and we no longer have a Tandem to test out the fit in.

If you have a Tandem with an unmodified battery slot and you'd be willing to let us know how it fits, we'll send the first guy who sends us a private message a free 300mAh lipo.

Thanks!
CSRC Tech Crew is offline Find More Posts by CSRC Tech Crew
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:33 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Count me out. I have an unmodified tray but my tandem is being used for parts so not flyable anymore.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:52 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSRC Tech Crew View Post
Hey guys,

We've just made some 300mAh Tandem lipos but they came out being a little thicker than our 270mAh version, and we no longer have a Tandem to test out the fit in.

If you have a Tandem with an unmodified battery slot and you'd be willing to let us know how it fits, we'll send the first guy who sends us a private message a free 300mAh lipo.

Thanks!
PM sent.
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
Spring, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
47 Posts
tandem rescue

My tandem immediately tilts forward (without pushing the elevator) when i spool up the tandem. is it a connection or maybe the board
Hemlock is offline Find More Posts by Hemlock
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:58 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
My tandem immediately tilts forward (without pushing the elevator) when i spool up the tandem. is it a connection or maybe the board
Most likely the motors are bad.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:44 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Does it move straight forward or does it spin?
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
Quote:
If you give it full back elevator while spooling up does that help a all?

I once had a weird situation with my Tandem after I had a little crash against the wall (I tried flying against the air current from my house heating system...lol). When I tried to take off again, one of the rear motors went full on rather than responding to the stick. However, power cycling the heli fixed that.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:24 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Bugger! Had a brainfart and fried the board... more precisely the servo, moves very sluggish and only in one direction. Swapped the mechanism but the problem is the board

The gyro, ESC, mixer, RX works properly, I suppose it's only the servo part that's fried.

Is it possible to run an external servo? IOW, could someone tell me where I could 'leech' the servo signal from the board?

Many thanks

Btw. if you have a working board for sale, PM me!
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:55 AM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,372 Posts
Mine did that, I ended up buying a parts bird with bad motors and swaped the board.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:58 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Subbed to this thread now! I just bought one of these on Ebay. I love my MCX2, and my Nano, but I really wanted to add this to my collection. I understand it shares many parts with the MCX as well. Plus it's almost twice as big! Cant wait to get it. Meanwhile I am reading through this thread. Wow, 3 heli's now, and 3 planes. I just got into this aspect of the hobby! (flying)
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:09 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Just so you know, this thread is actually pretty old. Not sure how many people follow it anymore. The tandem has been discontinued and is no longer made, so you might want to pick up an extra one for parts if ya can.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:58 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Ya, I know it's discontinued. That's the main reason I bought one. But yes, subbing to this thread is probably not going to bring much "action", lol. there is a place online selling the RTF version for $199!!! Crazy.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56