Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:09 PM
"Dragon RC"
Oregon
Joined Oct 2005
34 Posts
After hanging from the ceiling for almost a year my 10yr old son convinced me to teach him how to fly. So I charged up the batteries and took him and the heli outside to learn how to fly. I figured it was safer outside then in the house. Well, he learned to fly faster then I thought he would. Now he wants to fly everyday, time for me to buy 3-4 more batteries. It amazed me how short a time it took him to learn how to fly. Now I hope he doesn't notice the CX sitting in a box in the closet...LOL...

t9dragon is offline Find More Posts by t9dragon
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2011, 04:40 PM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
Nice shot...love the rotor blur...
Klippie is offline Find More Posts by Klippie
Old Aug 08, 2011, 04:43 PM
"Dragon RC"
Oregon
Joined Oct 2005
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
Nice shot...love the rotor blur...
Thanks....

I kept telling him not so high but he was having so much fun.. If it got to high he would kill the motor and it would float/crash into the grass.
t9dragon is offline Find More Posts by t9dragon
Old Aug 08, 2011, 08:45 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
That is awesome dragon. I haven't flown mine in a few months and charged up the battery and could only get 1-2 minutes flight time out of it. Oh well. at least the heli will still fly
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Sep 03, 2011, 04:58 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
576 Posts
Batteries for the Blade Eflite Tandem Rescue heli are included in our huge (over 100 products) Labor Day weekend sale.

http://www.commonsenserc.com/page.ph..._deal_day.html
mikekomm is offline Find More Posts by mikekomm
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:17 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Nice sale Mike, but sorry, I stripped my tandem for mcx2 parts. No need for batteries lol.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Sep 03, 2011, 09:38 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
I ordered 4000 mAh Lipos for my DX8 for $40 and free shipping.

Never let a good sale go to waste.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 11, 2011, 03:07 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
I just picked one up brand new for 50 EUR, binded it to my DX6i, 125% throw on forwards and backwards, and this thing rockets along!!!
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:42 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
I recently bought a new RTF Tandem Rescue and thought I'd pass on the great price to our UK members - http://www.danielstores.co.uk/p/7666...cro-helicopter - the store was great to deal with and I'd happily buy from them again.

When I bought the Tandem I also bought a DX6i (also a good price) and they threw in a spare battery for the Tandem for free...
Thanks so much! I just ordered mine Any idea for the best capacity battery in the UK?

Cool forum and thank you as this place made me buy three heli's and I am sooo happy
PapaPro is offline Find More Posts by PapaPro
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:34 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPro View Post
Thanks so much! I just ordered mine Any idea for the best capacity battery in the UK?

Cool forum and thank you as this place made me buy three heli's and I am sooo happy
Hi PapaPro,

Welcome to the forum and to this excellent hobby

A note of caution, this hobby can become very addictive and therefore damage your wallet

As for your search for a battery, I don't have a UK supplier but I bought three of these batteries from Hobby King.

You would have to make yourself a small adaptor cable to use them and adapt your Tandem to use them but it is not a difficult task.

Hobby King also sell an adapter cable so you can charge them using your Tandem charger.

This may sound like a lot of work but I assure you it isn't.

The link for the battery - 3.09 ach
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17808

The link for the adapter cable - 85p each
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_Harness.html

If you have any questions please feel free to ask
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:58 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t9dragon View Post
After hanging from the ceiling for almost a year my 10yr old son convinced me to teach him how to fly. I kept telling him not so high but he was having so much fun....
Whew, I'm glad you finally pulled him down off the ceiling. IMHO if he can flap that long and hard I'd let him fly as high as he wants
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Last edited by 1Pilgrim; Oct 13, 2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:39 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Hi PapaPro,

Welcome to the forum and to this excellent hobby

A note of caution, this hobby can become very addictive and therefore damage your wallet

If you have any questions please feel free to ask
Thank you sooo much! I am sending some good energy out there for all. As for my wallet, I am several hundred down already but have some good kit to start.

Recieved my heli today which is great as my two Bravo SX's have gone back to be fixed. Seems I was a little unlucky. However, I LOVE my new tandem! No more anoying me neighbours. It's soooo quiet. And so much fun too. Happy man I am. It's also really nice to read the guy with his son playing too. My 10 year old had a go on my new phoenix sim and I should recieve my DX6i on monday. And I am only just beggining (hehe).

Anyway, again, thank yoiu so much for the friendly advise and I will look into those batteries. I did order more stock ones so should be fine for now.

I really do not have time to read all this thread but I will. Is there any other cool mods to add to this wonderful tandem? I put a metal swash on my SX and it made it silky smooth. But the motor went on the fouth flight so any advise before I go crazy (100 at least on SX parts so far sitting in my tool box) would be apreciated.

Take care,
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:36 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPro View Post
Is there any other cool mods to add to this wonderful tandem? I put a metal swash on my SX and it made it silky smooth. But the motor went on the fouth flight so any advise before I go crazy (100 at least on SX parts so far sitting in my tool box) would be apreciated.
I started buying spares for one of my helis and ended up with a box full and have never use any of them yet

So now, because I have a few helis, I rarely buy spares for any of them for if one goes down and I need a spare I have other helis to fly while the spare is ordered.

I do have spare rotor blades, a flybar and tail rotor spare for each of my helis as these are the more likely to suffer in a crash I mean heavy landing apart from those the rest can be ordered when they are required.

I also never replace a part unless it need replacing
e.g. I will only replace a stock swashplate with a metal one if I have read in this forum that it actually does improve performance over the stock swashplate.

I don't put metal "bling" parts on to make it look good as who is going to see them when it's in the air

I know there are metal spares for the Tandem but I have not read it makes it fly any better all they tend to do is add weight and that will give you shorter flight times and they are short enough as it is. I would advise you to keep your Tandem as it is and just enjoy flying it, it's brilliant with the DX6i )

The more you fly the better your piloting skills will become and it will end up costing you very little in spares

Why not get your son a 3ch heli to fly, they are easier than 4ch and great fun, I have many 3ch helis and fly them regularly. I have attached some pictures of some of the more popular ones there are many on the market so again feel free to ask any questions you may have.

cheers John.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:15 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I started buying spares for one of my helis and ended up with a box full and have never use any of them yet

So now, because I have a few helis, I rarely buy spares for any of them for if one goes down and I need a spare I have other helis to fly while the spare is ordered.

cheers John.
Really do apreciate this advise. And you are so right. I ordered the 40 metal kit from buzzflyer and fitted it and MY SX was uncontrolable. Also, I had a wobble stock. So I left just the metal swash on my SX and it made it silky smooth and no wobble. It really did help me. Shame I did not get much time but I hope it comes back soon. I will have two SX's. One with the metal swash and one stock. I will report back on a new thread later.

More great advise on the tandem. Its really is teaching me so much. I am in a 20ft sq room and can already fly around without hitting things. Three crashes so far and all is well. I think the Phonex Sim is helping me a lot too. Just two weeks on this stuff and maybe an hour flight time and I am hooked already.

Very interesting you said the DX6i will improve things? How so? I get mine on Monday and only ordered it so I can buy cheaper helis later when I improve. I read its a good controler and someone suggested getting one. I am also very old school so not interested in all this 3D stunt stuff. Just banking turns does it for me and I really want to be able to fly around the park as I have one at the end of my road.

Must also say how reffreshing it is to have such a warm welcome. Really made me feel at home.

Have a wonderful weekend. London is beautiful today and I really wished I had an SX to play with. Next time,

Richard
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:20 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Hi Richard,

I am in a 20ft sq room and can already fly around without hitting things.
I only have 18' x 13' to fly in with a 7' 6" ceiling so quite confined compared to you. I like to fly fast but I also like steady controlled flight with accurate landings. You will find as you progress that you will find different styles of flying that give you fun. One of the things I like doing is landing on various cd case helipads placed around my room, you can find my cd case helipad in my blog along with the graphic to download and print, I have shown the cd case graphic below. There are many guys on the forums here who have used these cd case helipads

Three crashes so far and all is well. I think the Phonex Sim is helping me a lot too. Just two weeks on this stuff and maybe an hour flight time and I am hooked already.
The main thing to remember when you know you are going to crash is kill the throttle. That way you minimise any damage to the rotors and because these helis are so light they usually fall quite gently.

Very interesting you said the DX6i will improve things? How so? I get mine on Monday and only ordered it so I can buy cheaper helis later when I improve. I read its a good controler and someone suggested getting one.
With the DX6i you can program the controls to calm thngs down so you can get used to a new heli and gradually increase the throw on the sticks till you are at 100%. I found it very useful when I started flying the mSR as that is one feisty little beast but so much fun and will do the banked turns you speak about.

I am also very old school so not interested in all this 3D stunt stuff.
There is nothing old school about not wwanting to do 3D stuff. I put 3D stuff in the same category as synchronise swimming - what is the point?

Just banking turns does it for me and I really want to be able to fly around the park as I have one at the end of my road.
Your Bravo SX will give you banked turns and you do realise ( I hope) you won't be able to use the DX6i with the SX.

Must also say how reffreshing it is to have such a warm welcome. Really made me feel at home.
We all were beginners at one time and there is nothing better than helping a new pilot get more interested in a great hobby. I have friends all over the world because of this forum, probably will never meet in person but with the internet you can practically do that with the likes of Skype if you wanted.

Have a wonderful weekend. London is beautiful today and I really wished I had an SX to play with. Next time,
You enjoy your flights and your weekend

John