HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:09 AM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
I take it you are still crashing to keep breaking your inner shafts
It always seems to be flybars with me


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer109 View Post
Hey, my inner shaft replacements broke again, and now my only local hobby ship, 8 hours away, only sells stylish metal ones for 20$ each, and both are broke. i'm having a hell of a time with this heli.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:00 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer109 View Post
Hey, my inner shaft replacements broke again, and now my only local hobby ship, 8 hours away, only sells stylish metal ones for 20$ each, and both are broke. i'm having a hell of a time with this heli.
well if you keep breaking them then its a no brainer! Get the shiny sturdy ones!!!
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:26 AM
Registered User
DoomsDay's Avatar
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I take it you are still crashing to keep breaking your inner shafts
It always seems to be flybars with me
That was the first thing that broke on mine. I got in a weird TB effect and it went down and hit just right and snapped off one half of the front flybar. I was really shocked as it wasn't that bad of a hit, I guess it just hit at the perfect angle to snap it.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:36 AM
Registered User
Magnolia, MA.
Joined Dec 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer109 View Post
Hey, my inner shaft replacements broke again, and now my only local hobby ship, 8 hours away, only sells stylish metal ones for 20$ each, and both are broke. i'm having a hell of a time with this heli.
Jimmer109: You are not serious! Let me get something straight here, you traveling 8 hours (each way) to score a part? You do know that you can buy parts on something called the internet...right?
UMASS is offline Find More Posts by UMASS
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 07:55 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
CCbusa05's Avatar
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMASS View Post
Jimmer109: You are not serious! Let me get something straight here, you traveling 8 hours (each way) to score a part? You do know that you can buy parts on something called the internet...right?
Yikes...............with the price of gas nowadays, he could overnight air freight and still be money ahead!
CCbusa05 is online now Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2011, 04:06 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
I got four of them...3 of them want to yaw to the right.....the 4th on just goes backwards...bad 5n1?
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:23 PM
three amigos
Joined Dec 2010
37 Posts
mine was crap out of the box. I almost gave up on it.

the biggest issue is that it would jiggle when I would give small aileron input. sometime it would even go the wrong direction until large input was given.

anyway, I fixed mine. the swash pivots were too loose. and the swash could move any direction it wanted with small servo input. very inconsistent.

on a MCX the swash is sported by two ball joints and one guide. but on the tandem, its held by two guides and one ball joint and only should pivot on one axis. my guides where very loose..

so.... I pinched the two guide slots that the swash should pivot on. made a huge difference. it flys much more precise.
el guapo is offline Find More Posts by el guapo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:41 AM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Those are some excellent tips you posted there, thank you



Quote:
Originally Posted by el guapo View Post
mine was crap out of the box. I almost gave up on it.

the biggest issue is that it would jiggle when I would give small aileron input. sometime it would even go the wrong direction until large input was given.

anyway, I fixed mine. the swash pivots were too loose. and the swash could move any direction it wanted with small servo input. very inconsistent.

on a MCX the swash is sported by two ball joints and one guide. but on the tandem, its held by two guides and one ball joint and only should pivot on one axis. my guides where very loose..

so.... I pinched the two guide slots that the swash should pivot on. made a huge difference. it flys much more precise.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:52 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
I noticed this, the longer it flies, the more it yaws to the right...3 of mine do that...the 4th one just goes backwards and it is going to the LHS...I checked everything on it, changed the blades and flybars, but still does the same thing....confusing....!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:32 PM
three amigos
Joined Dec 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Those are some excellent tips you posted there, thank you
did someone else figure that trick out too, sorry if its a re-post? but there are a lot of post to got thru in this thread.

It was real easy to pinch the two guides with some needle nose pliers. my tandem flies really really really good now. I still have to use a bunch of rudder trim. but with it all trimmed out, it is rock solid.
el guapo is offline Find More Posts by el guapo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:46 AM
Registered User
United States, CO, Louisville
Joined Jan 2011
75 Posts
Newbie here. I'm about to make the move from 3ch helis to 4ch. I've ordered a Blade mCX Tandem RTF (should be here in a day or two), and am also planning to get an mCX2. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions once I start flying, but here's my first:
It appears that both the Tandem and mCX2 (in the RTF versions) come with the same MLP4DSM 4-channel transmitter. Can a single transmitter easily control both helis, or would I need to re-bind every time I switch from one to the other? (If so, that would seem to argue against getting the BNF version of the mCX2).

Thanks!
Steve
swlee is offline Find More Posts by swlee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:36 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swlee View Post
Newbie here. I'm about to make the move from 3ch helis to 4ch. I've ordered a Blade mCX Tandem RTF (should be here in a day or two), and am also planning to get an mCX2. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions once I start flying, but here's my first:
It appears that both the Tandem and mCX2 (in the RTF versions) come with the same MLP4DSM 4-channel transmitter. Can a single transmitter easily control both helis, or would I need to re-bind every time I switch from one to the other? (If so, that would seem to argue against getting the BNF version of the mCX2).

Thanks!
Steve

Rebinding is just a matter of plugging the RX batery in and turning on the TX with the throttle pushed in.

Should take less than 30 seconds to swap binds and be ready for flight from one to the other.

The difference in trim will probably be a bigger issue. If you need a RTF TX, you can buy a used one for less than $20 shipped.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:01 PM
Registered User
United States, CO, Louisville
Joined Jan 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Rebinding is just a matter of plugging the RX batery in and turning on the TX with the throttle pushed in.

Should take less than 30 seconds to swap binds and be ready for flight from one to the other.

The difference in trim will probably be a bigger issue. If you need a RTF TX, you can buy a used one for less than $20 shipped.
Ahh - I hadn't thought about the trim settings... Thanks!
swlee is offline Find More Posts by swlee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 03:36 PM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
You would still have to bind each model when you changed from one to the other with the DX6i but that only takes seconds to do

The advantage with a DX6i, or similar transmitter, is all your trim settings would be preserved


Quote:
Originally Posted by swlee View Post
Newbie here. I'm about to make the move from 3ch helis to 4ch. I've ordered a Blade mCX Tandem RTF (should be here in a day or two), and am also planning to get an mCX2. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions once I start flying, but here's my first:
It appears that both the Tandem and mCX2 (in the RTF versions) come with the same MLP4DSM 4-channel transmitter. Can a single transmitter easily control both helis, or would I need to re-bind every time I switch from one to the other? (If so, that would seem to argue against getting the BNF version of the mCX2).

Thanks!
Steve
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:20 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
12 Posts
You don't have to rebind to fly each helicopter. In fact, you could fly them both at the same time from the same transmitter. I flew an mCX2 and an mSR with a DX5e and just kept the trim set for the mSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlee View Post
Newbie here. I'm about to make the move from 3ch helis to 4ch. I've ordered a Blade mCX Tandem RTF (should be here in a day or two), and am also planning to get an mCX2. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions once I start flying, but here's my first:
It appears that both the Tandem and mCX2 (in the RTF versions) come with the same MLP4DSM 4-channel transmitter. Can a single transmitter easily control both helis, or would I need to re-bind every time I switch from one to the other? (If so, that would seem to argue against getting the BNF version of the mCX2).

Thanks!
Steve
gaper is offline Find More Posts by gaper
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article E-flite Blade mCX Ultra-Micro Helicopter RTF & BNF Review Michael Heer Coaxial Helicopters 346 Nov 06, 2010 12:30 PM
Discussion E-Flite Blade CX 2 Coaxial Heli or Falcon 3D CP pcasamento Micro Helis 2 Jan 29, 2008 09:24 PM
For Sale Brand New E-Flite Blade CP Helicopter AirMicro Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2005 08:16 AM