HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2010, 08:31 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Right here my friend, looks like they've done a pretty good job too!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11061
now when are they going to sell $2 PKZ compatible servo racks? The MCX clone appears to have Parkzone/kyosho servos.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2010, 02:39 AM
Counter agent of B.S.
United States, IN
Joined Aug 2003
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Right here my friend, looks like they've done a pretty good job too!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11061
Make note of the description: "1S 3.7V 120 mAh Li-Po
Transmitter: Mode 1 2.4Ghz (not DSM2)"

That's Mode 1

Nothing about being capable of Mode 2
a1pcfixer is offline Find More Posts by a1pcfixer
Old Mar 07, 2010, 08:17 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,645 Posts
There will be a mode 2 model coming along, you can be sure of that.

But what has mode 2 got to do with it? It's still an excellent copy in the heli it's self
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Mar 07, 2010, 08:50 AM
Counter agent of B.S.
United States, IN
Joined Aug 2003
224 Posts
I doubt any mode 2, or they'd have done so from the start. But at any rate, they're a good source of spare parts....cheap too!

Also, it goes to show us just how much HH makes on each one they sell.
Old Mar 07, 2010, 10:39 AM
Joined Sep 2009
3,645 Posts
It's not just the product we are buying, it's the brand, service and availability of spare parts too. I'd like to see you be able to get same branded spare parts for that heli from an LHS within 200 miles.
Old Mar 07, 2010, 12:28 PM
Counter agent of B.S.
United States, IN
Joined Aug 2003
224 Posts
You TOTALLY missed my point; buying those cheap clones would be great for cheap replacement parts for a regular Mcx.

Besides, time to get back on subject;

E-flite Blade Tandem Rescue Micro Coaxial Helicopter
Old Mar 07, 2010, 12:29 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
4,235 Posts
I agree Bowerz.
Too many people on here that whine about price, or on the whole blast Eflite and HH for no reason.
These guys have put out quality products for years now, and have been more responsible than any other mfc in promoting BnF, RTF, etc, than any other vendor.
The blade series, whether it was the first or not, was the best supported and the best marketed.
That cost money.
People here seem to think that the sell price is high based on the cost of the parts but none of those people have ever worked with distributers, marketers, etc. They have no concept of what tech support costs, for example.
Why people get on here to whine about the product when it works as advertised, baffles me.
I like Nissan cars. I don't frequent Honda sites to bash hondas and promote Nissan. That is the sign of someone with too much time on their hands who needs to get out more.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Mar 07, 2010, 02:21 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1pcfixer View Post
You TOTALLY missed my point; buying those cheap clones would be great for cheap replacement parts for a regular Mcx.

Besides, time to get back on subject;

E-flite Blade Tandem Rescue Micro Coaxial Helicopter
No, i think you missed my point, i was just trying to explain why the HH mCX is so expensive. As you say, definitely a great source of parts but i don't think anybody is going to be buying the radio systems off of you!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 04:46 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
931 Posts
tandem thread

Well obviously eflite did a good enough job on the tandem nobody has anything to talk about. Nor is there any modding going on with it. Now this is what I like to see a helicopter that doesn't need any tweaks or messing around with to get the job done. "WELL DONE EFLITE".

douglas
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Old Mar 19, 2010, 04:49 PM
Dilbert Pilot
Joined Mar 2010
5 Posts
Dimastep mentioned using a 400mah Zippy battery with the Tandem. I am considering buying and assembling a few battery packs. Can Dimastep or anyone tell me how and where they mounted the Zippy 400mah battery without altering the balance of the Tandem. I think the Zippy battery will not fit the existing battery holder. Obviously a battery harness must be added to the Zippy to fit the existing connector on the board but it is not clear to me where the battery will be mounted.
DilbertPilot is offline Find More Posts by DilbertPilot
Old Mar 19, 2010, 05:29 PM
Dilbert Pilot
Joined Mar 2010
5 Posts
I suppose the existing battery holder can be unscrewed from the board and a new one fabricated but perhaps there is a simpler way - maybe the battery will fit the existing holder. The reason I mentioned Dimastep is that he indicated that he is flying with the Zippy 400mah.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:25 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,466 Posts
Dilbert,
Maybe you can try using velcro on the battery and put it againt the inside of the body, possibly the top to keep weight in same place. It should not make too much difference to handling.
sleb is offline Find More Posts by sleb
Old Mar 19, 2010, 08:23 PM
Dilbert Pilot
Joined Mar 2010
5 Posts
If I use the body then the weight will be to one side and might damage the body in a crash. The top of the body is not accessible enough to replace batteries one after another. Are you using the Zippy 400? I ordered some from Hobby King but they are back ordered. I think it is just a bit too large to fit the holder based on the dimensions I read. The 250mah batteries that come with the Tandem don't last long enough. I suppose I could cut the existing battery holder and attach heat shrink tube to the remains of the holder that will just sleeve the zippy battery but if someone is already using the the Zippy 400 and has another solution I would like to know about it.
Last edited by DilbertPilot; Mar 19, 2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 04:39 AM
Counter agent of B.S.
United States, IN
Joined Aug 2003
224 Posts
Go to Wal Mart and get some of their velcro (round button shape) in the craft dept. Use those to attach your battery to inner sides of body.

I'm doing that with 2 Zippy 240's and a 'Y' connector. One battery in front of stock location (on one side), other battery (on other side) near but behind stock battery location.

Varying location can improve forward flight.

NO damage of any sort to body, by mounting this way.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:51 PM
blue moon with an orange slice
LI NY
Joined Mar 2009
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1pcfixer View Post
Go to Wal Mart and get some of their velcro (round button shape) in the craft dept. Use those to attach your battery to inner sides of body.

I'm doing that with 2 Zippy 240's and a 'Y' connector. One battery in front of stock location (on one side), other battery (on other side) near but behind stock battery location.

Varying location can improve forward flight.

NO damage of any sort to body, by mounting this way.
have a link for the 'Y' connector?
popdada is offline Find More Posts by popdada