Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:03 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
I
Here is my idea, and I hope Horizon is listening: move the two rotor sets to a side-by-side configuration, and set up one extra channel to rotate the thrust axis 90 degrees from horizontal to vertical! This would be the V-22 Osprey!!

I know the old 5 channel controller for the CX-2 has the knob on it that would be perfect, or sell it as a BNF for those that already have a 5 channel or more controller.

How cool would that be!
Like this one. http://www.bananahobby.com/1899.html
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:27 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,980 Posts
Yea, just like that one, but now make the rotors tilt to transition to flight mode. It may be that the rotors should only tilt 30 or 45 degrees so the transition stays within control, but that would be awesome to see!
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:48 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,896 Posts
They have this one to, http://www.bananahobby.com/1962.html
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:22 PM
Joined Oct 2008
309 Posts
Video is on Horizon Hobby web page. Yes 1 servo, Blade speed variation with the new 5in1 controls speed and turns servo controls roll. Looks like the real bird in take off and flight. The yellow Canadian rescue design is a copy of the real one. I hope they come out with the US Navy rescue look.
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:17 PM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,665 Posts
Nice - I will get one!

Always wanted a CH-113 Labrador. I can do rescues over my parents Koi pond!!
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Last edited by skyhawk; Nov 19, 2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:41 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,335 Posts
I really like that trim scheme. For once, it will be different than the US schemes. There are other countries that flies helis

I just bought an MSR and I already have the CX2, MCX and UM Sukhoi and P-51. My GF will definitely go crazy if I buy anything else. But that little tandem is trying to get my attention...and an osprey you say ? Oh the look on her face...

Carguy
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:53 AM
United States, OR, Independence
Joined Feb 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
Bing,
Actually, I got the Su-26, and after some mods, it flys just like the video. I can even do knife edge very well. I will admit that the Su-26 is an advanced bird, and I used a different prop than stock, but my experience is the Horizon products fly like the videos (and I have A LOT of Horizon products). The guys that design the products fly them too. I don't think they are trying to pull anything over on us. If they were, they would have edited out the part where the Tandem drops on the floor. That was funny. Notice he said the battery died.

Not to belabor the point (and none of this is a shot at HH - great guys), but I also bought a Sukhoi, and did NOT do any mods, and could not fly it like that, which was my point.

jim
Bing44 is offline Find More Posts by Bing44
Last edited by Bing44; Nov 23, 2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: off topic - sorry
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:05 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,980 Posts
Jim, point taken. I could not fly it well "out of the box."
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:18 PM
United States, OR, Independence
Joined Feb 2008
1,288 Posts
Another thing of humor to note: in the video after Mark gives the Tx to Jim after they go to the atrium, the camera zooms in on the Tx and Jim is stick-banging like he's flying a Blade 400 in 3D............LOL; and the cute chick is just kinda strolling along. I'd have to say that with this many helis, these would be indicative of the release version of the heli. Dang it, though, I'm gonna have trouble sneaking $179.99 past my CFO.

jim
Bing44 is offline Find More Posts by Bing44
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:04 AM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,665 Posts
I wonder if these will be available for Christmas?
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Nov 24, 2009, 04:15 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,513 Posts
They are still showing late December, but no date yet, so we can only hope.
sleb is offline Find More Posts by sleb
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:13 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,330 Posts
This heli looks very interesting, however. eflite is expensive..........I currently have the msr, mcx and modified cx2 and cx3. Not cheap compared to walkera, esky or nine eagles. But, spektrum is great and so is horizons customer service - i have called many. many times and seen satisfied with their customer support!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:41 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,335 Posts
The spektrum compatibility is one of the primary interest with these machines. I got one of the first DX7 and since no 2,4 Ghz system is interchangeable, I am a captive of HH since I don't want multiple radios lying around...Of course, I also love their little helis... (got the MCX, CX2 and MSR plus UM P-51 and sukhoi)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:23 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,330 Posts
Hey fellow Canadain; I have a brand new P51 Stang that I haven't flown yet! Is your cx2 stock?

QUOTE=carguy1994ca;13693538]The spektrum compatibility is one of the primary interest with these machines. I got one of the first DX7 and since no 2,4 Ghz system is interchangeable, I am a captive of HH since I don't want multiple radios lying around...Of course, I also love their little helis... (got the MCX, CX2 and MSR plus UM P-51 and sukhoi)[/QUOTE]
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 29, 2009, 06:03 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,335 Posts
Razors

On the CX2 I put the flyRc rive sud motors. They seem to make less noise than the stock ones. I also had their blade grips, didn't like em. It is better to have the flites since the parts are everywhere. I bought the blackhawk and JetRanger canopies. Like them a lot.

You'll love the UM Mustang, I just flew it at the gymnasium this PM and it is very stable, half throttle flyer. You can also fly it outside but wait til the summer come back. If it is too cold, the battery freezes and you can say goodby to power.

Should try to find a way to isolate the battery from the prop draft. Here is a vid from the Mustang in the gym (and some other machines

Les Phoenix au gymnase (5 min 10 sec)

Carguy
RCG Plus Member