HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:04 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
Some adjustments that I made really helped.
First, I did the DX7 settings that were posted previously, of course mine will be a little bit different than others, but for the most part they worked well.
My issue was when turning left, the tandem would drop. Turning right (little slower but not bad) it would climb.
I created a 3rd mix on the DX7 that mixed rudder > throttle
Lowered throttle a bit when rudder was right....increased it a bit when I turned left.
Pretty much stays in place now when I use rudder.
My MCX does this much worse than my tandem, though its a little better after I replaced both motors with new. It's just the nature of Coax heli's.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2010, 01:13 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,460 Posts
Thing is that with a computer radio, you can mix a lot of it out. Kind of like coupling when you knife edge a plane. Easy to mix out.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:31 PM
Joined Jul 2009
77 Posts
Just removed that ball (like from the ball bearing) attached at the nose of the helicopter (under the canopy). My guess is they put it there to balance the helicopter for better FF. But since I use 400mah battery which is heavier I figured removing a little weight is good.
I now can last for 9min 30 sec in the air, land safely and still not hit the LVC.
dimastep is offline Find More Posts by dimastep
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:38 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
I did it again

Well I did it again. I just bought this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1174573

I bought the first one he sold that was BNF now I have the RTF one he was selling too. "Whohoo". I must be crazy addicted. I don't know what I did with the one I have now but I'm getting better right turns..not great but they are there. All I did was turn both links out 2 turns. I'm still gonna get the esky one too once helidirect has them in stock. I'm really linking this micro-heli idea..as it is way less expensive than tail rotor machines with all their complicated setting up and stuff. 3 years into this hobby and I'm down to this. Oh well micro helis are fun too.

douglas
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:41 PM
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
what..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimastep View Post
Just removed that ball (like from the ball bearing) attached at the nose of the helicopter (under the canopy). My guess is they put it there to balance the helicopter for better FF. But since I use 400mah battery which is heavier I figured removing a little weight is good.
I now can last for 9min 30 sec in the air, land safely and still not hit the LVC.
I just looked under the hood and I don't see anything there...? I have 2 small brass weights inside the fuselage on either side of the main gear for FF flight.

doug
Old Jan 30, 2010, 06:20 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
That might of course be possible, but then it should be a) mentioned and b) still wouldn't compute in my book ... the length of the two walkera rotors together is over 460mm ... and they reach over the fuse front and back ... I just don't get it ...

Sorry
Does this help any..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Feb 01, 2010, 09:05 AM
Joined Sep 2007
37 Posts
Size differences...

Thought these photos might help. First is of the Esky Tandem Rotor and second is of the *new* Walkera YS8001. Haven't seen the Walkera for sale yet anywhere.

Assuming that the TXs are relatively the same in size they look to be very similar.
extracrispy is offline Find More Posts by extracrispy
Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:47 PM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
Does anyone know if flying 150ís in the Tandem Rescue shortens battery life due to the rapid battery drain as opposed to flying them in an mSR or mCX? I fly about 2:50 Ė 3:00 on 150ís in the TR to avoid LVC.
Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon
Old Feb 03, 2010, 07:00 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1 Posts
Batteries

Why not just pick up a couple of extra 250mAh batteries? I just did today. Check with Ultimate Hobbies.

- Crash
CrashAndBurn! is offline Find More Posts by CrashAndBurn!
Old Feb 03, 2010, 07:48 PM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAndBurn! View Post
Why not just pick up a couple of extra 250mAh batteries? I just did today. Check with Ultimate Hobbies.

- Crash
I just placed an order. Thanks for the tip! Now I can save my 150ís for the MSR and MCX. I noticed the 150ís are really hot after a 3:00 minute flight and that canít be doing them any good.

Old Feb 05, 2010, 06:31 PM
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
dead thread

Did this thread die..? whats new guys with your tandems...?

doug
Old Feb 06, 2010, 03:17 AM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
Havenít flown it as much because Iím waiting for some extra 250 batteries to arrive Thursday.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 10:59 AM
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronon View Post
Havenít flown it as much because Iím waiting for some extra 250 batteries to arrive Thursday.
Well I have another RTF Tandem coming from "patternflyer" (i bought both he was selling), so I'll have 2 birds now and 2 batterys. Greathobbies here will have extra batterys in stock soon.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 12:16 PM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
Well I have another RTF Tandem coming from "patternflyer" (i bought both he was selling), so I'll have 2 birds now and 2 batterys. Greathobbies here will have extra batterys in stock soon.
2 Tandems would be nice and if one gets smashed up you have some spare parts handy. I like to fly at least 4 batteries and my current situation of a 250 followed by a couple shorter 150 flights doesn't cut it IMO. When they release a new Helicopter like the Tandem Rescue they should make sure there's plenty of spare batteries available first.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 03:01 PM
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
charging issue

OK I have a charging issue. When I charge my battery...the charger stays in the almost charge mode. Its been charging for an hour now and still not finished. OK any ideas as to what the problem is I'm pissed here...? I'm only running the battery 6 1/2mins what gives...?

douglas
Last edited by douglas4; Feb 06, 2010 at 03:16 PM.