SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:23 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
linear servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Just crank them up to 125, i just remembered that the Tandem doesn't use servo's for yaw so go ahead with the full throws.
Hoping of course I don't strip my linear servo. That would be disastrous...$72.99 CAD for a new E-board. I might add though working on this heli to try and adjust the linkages is a daunting task due to the micro size of the parts. Oh well, all part and parcel eh boys of helis, regardless of the size. he he
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
Does the Tandem Rescue handle outside flying very well? It looks like it could do some reasonable FFF but if itís anything like my mCX it wonít handle slight breezes very well.
Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:19 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
Hoping of course I don't strip my linear servo. That would be disastrous...$72.99 CAD for a new E-board. I might add though working on this heli to try and adjust the linkages is a daunting task due to the micro size of the parts. Oh well, all part and parcel eh boys of helis, regardless of the size. he he
Stripped servos can be repaired for $3, unless the servo controller on board itself is bad.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:23 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Bowerz's Avatar
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
Hoping of course I don't strip my linear servo. That would be disastrous...$72.99 CAD for a new E-board. I might add though working on this heli to try and adjust the linkages is a daunting task due to the micro size of the parts. Oh well, all part and parcel eh boys of helis, regardless of the size. he he
I forgot that the yaw isn't controlled by the servo's, i may be wrong but i am pretty sure i'm correct (well there is no servo for yaw on my standard mCX) so just double check this to be sure. If i am, you're fine to crank it up as there is no servo to strip!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:49 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
outside flight and servo strip

1) I don't think the tandem is capable of flying outside. Its way to light for that IMO.

2) I have battery on charge now started 4:06pm its now 4:39pm should be done soon and then I'll go downstairs and try it with the travel adjusts @ 120% first then try them @ 125% and we'll see.

douglas
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 04:09 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
Hm..?

Well flight #7 and still slow right turns but not as slow as it was before so I guess I'll have to play with the rear linkage some more. All values @ 125% now and seems better and more maneuverable. OK back to the bench whilst I charger another battery.

douglas
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 04:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2009
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
Well flight #7 and still slow right turns but not as slow as it was before so I guess I'll have to play with the rear linkage some more. All values @ 125% now and seems better and more maneuverable. OK back to the bench whilst I charger another battery.

douglas
Just want to clarify. Are you talking right turn ( as in Yaw, in other words turning the nose to the right) or right banking, as in sideway movement?

Reason I ask is that with my new replacement board from horizon my Tandem does slow banking to the right. But rotation is still fine either direction.

Sideway banking is controlled by servo. Yaw is only controlled by electronics and also motors (spinning differently)
dimastep is offline Find More Posts by dimastep
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 04:16 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Bowerz's Avatar
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,766 Posts
Don't put all values at 100%, what ever the servo's control (the roll i think) needs to stay at 100 otherwise you will damage the servo.
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 04:43 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Don't put all values at 100%, what ever the servo's control (the roll i think) needs to stay at 100 otherwise you will damage the servo.
So you mean "aileron" (roll)....right...? Which value should be @ 100%...? What I mean is I can do long banking turns to the left...but the right banking turns as it were, is painfully slow. I can pirouette on axis both ways fine..its just the right banking turns are slow.

doug

OK as I was posting and reading the above I put the "aileron" (roll) back to 100% both ways. I also gave the rear linkage another turn out to lengthen it when I came back upstairs earlier. So have the battery on charge now and will go and give her another test flight.

You know if this thing is finicky like this I may just sell her and wait for the Blade SR to come out next month as I have the money in my Paypal account just waiting for the release.
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Last edited by douglas4; Jan 24, 2010 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:51 PM
Registered User
DoomsDay's Avatar
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
So you mean "aileron" (roll)....right...? Which value should be @ 100%...? What I mean is I can do long banking turns to the left...but the right banking turns as it were, is painfully slow. I can pirouette on axis both ways fine..its just the right banking turns are slow.

doug

OK as I was posting and reading the above I put the "aileron" (roll) back to 100% both ways. I also gave the rear linkage another turn out to lengthen it when I came back upstairs earlier. So have the battery on charge now and will go and give her another test flight.

You know if this thing is finicky like this I may just sell her and wait for the Blade SR to come out next month as I have the money in my Paypal account just waiting for the release.
And why would you do that? I mean the tandem is just for easy relaxed fun. The SR is a completely different type of flying. Mine has always had the slow right turn and slow right pirouettes and it doesn't really bother me much at all. I enjoy it for what it is, and thats just slow easy relaxing fun.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 06:43 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
And why would you do that? I mean the tandem is just for easy relaxed fun. The SR is a completely different type of flying. Mine has always had the slow right turn and slow right pirouettes and it doesn't really bother me much at all. I enjoy it for what it is, and that's just slow easy relaxing fun.
Well It does go more right now since I put the roll up to 110% and earlier adjusted the rear swash linkage. And you right for what it is I'm not going to bother trying to get it perfect. It is what it is and its just a "sh..."s and giggles" indoor flier. I guess I fell into the tweak it tills its perfect mindset. This web site can do that to you. lol.
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:22 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
151 Posts
Blade MCX Tandem Rescue Right Turn Issues

Hello All, I just posted a video on youtube showing how I fixed the right turn problems with the Tandem Rescue.

E-Flite Blade MCX Tandem Rescue - Right Turn Issues Solved (1 min 20 sec)
Goanna is offline Find More Posts by Goanna
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Goanna; Jan 25, 2010 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
1) I don't think the tandem is capable of flying outside. Its way to light for that IMO.

2) I have battery on charge now started 4:06pm its now 4:39pm should be done soon and then I'll go downstairs and try it with the travel adjusts @ 120% first then try them @ 125% and we'll see.

douglas
Iíve flown the MCX outside quite a bit and while it is vulnerable to light breezes I would think that having twin rotors might help the Tandem handle them a little better than an MCX. Maybe itís just too light.
Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:19 AM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronon View Post
Iíve flown the MCX outside quite a bit and while it is vulnerable to light breezes I would think that having twin rotors might help the Tandem handle them a little better than an MCX. Maybe itís just too light.
I have both, and the Tandem can handle breezes and turbulent air much better than the MCX.

Flying both around the room, the tandem can easily blow the MCX to the ground, but the MCX barely effects the tandem. Also, the tandem is faster than the MCX.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:42 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronon View Post
Does the Tandem Rescue handle outside flying very well? It looks like it could do some reasonable FFF but if itís anything like my mCX it wonít handle slight breezes very well.
I was flying mine outside the other day. I was flying it of of my 2nd story deck and took it pretty high into the air, well above my house. Seemed to handle pretty well outside. If it's nose into the wind it doesn't get affected too bad, and as long as it's not a really fast gust of wind, holding it sideways to the wind it still remains pretty stable, it just moves with the wind until you turn it nose first.
Goanna is offline Find More Posts by Goanna
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article E-flite Blade mCX Ultra-Micro Helicopter RTF & BNF Review Michael Heer Coaxial Helicopters 346 Nov 06, 2010 12:30 PM
Discussion E-Flite Blade CX 2 Coaxial Heli or Falcon 3D CP pcasamento Micro Helis 2 Jan 29, 2008 09:24 PM
For Sale Brand New E-Flite Blade CP Helicopter AirMicro Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2005 08:16 AM