It's going to be a good Xmas this year.
Gunner_969 is offline Find More Posts by Gunner_969
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2009, 08:54 PM
MicroHelis-Humanoid Robotics
Joined Jul 2007
233 Posts
Nice!
I suppose Nine Eagles will have their own Free Spirit Solo Tandem a few months later which will probably be much cheaper, as a trend of MCX/Solo and MSR/Solo Pro!
PicooMan is offline Find More Posts by PicooMan
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:16 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
This looks like yet another awesome living room flier!
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:48 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,458 Posts
Any reports of it from IHobby?
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2009, 08:19 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,704 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=ihobby
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2009, 09:51 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,508 Posts
Here is a video of the mTR.
HorizonRC.com Event - iHobby 2009 - E-flite mCX Tandem Rescue Heli (4 min 45 sec)
sleb is offline Find More Posts by sleb
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:00 PM
Ottawa, Canada
Joined Aug 2009
172 Posts
Nice! But will it come in BnF? They suckered me into getting a DX7, so I'm not going to get any RTFs anymore
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:10 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Here is a video of the mTR.
Just remember this is a manufacturer's video. They are produced by studios that use the same levels of accuracy and "artistic license" found in Chinese King Fu movies. As the messages on these forums have proven, that lovely "Crouching Tiger" in the video loves to turn into a "Hidden Dragon" when you get it home.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Nov 02, 2009, 03:22 AM
Joined Sep 2009
117 Posts
How come the thread on this one is so limited? I thought more people would be interested in this helicopter. I for one am really interested but I've read some comments about how it's not impressive b/c "if you've flown one co-ax, you've flown them all". I don't know, is this the same case? I mean with this helicopter it sort of rocks back and forth making it really fun to try to control, I want a stable helicopter, but I also want to know that it needs me there to control as well.
The buying factor for me is the little wheels they included, and of course the 'rocking back and forth' factor of it. I would love to try to keep it stabilized while lifting up into the air. However, I think it's super pricey for 179.99. Even at BnF whenever they release it, it would creep in at, at least $150.00.
The biggest worry I have is this. First we have the mCX ---> mSR. Will this tandem be in the same sequence say...... mCX tandem ---> mSR tandem? I hope yes and no. I hope not b/c I would rather have a mSR tandem. I vote yes b/c if they don't have a mSR tandem, I at least want this mCX tandem. In any case, I plan on buying this beautiful heli.
At first I thought it was a Chinook but I found out later it's not. A chinook looks slightly different with engines on both sides sticking out, plus it is made for the army. A CH46 is an older version made for the US Marine Corp and it has two little platforms on the side (as well as many other differences). They look almost the same but this co-ax CH46 tandem looks much better than a chinook in my opinion. Lovely heli, can't wait to get my hands on one. It will be my mSR's companion.
brandn14 is offline Find More Posts by brandn14
Old Nov 02, 2009, 08:24 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandn14 View Post
How come the thread on this one is so limited? I thought more people would be interested in this helicopter. I for one am really interested but I've read some comments about how it's not impressive b/c "if you've flown one co-ax, you've flown them all". I don't know, is this the same case?
Coax helis have lots of undesirable flight characteristics that are magnified in a tandem heli. Flying a tandem is like flying the Goodyear blimp. But, they are very entertaining for a short time if you have money to burn. I've owned several tandem coaxes and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 02, 2009, 12:16 PM
Joined Sep 2009
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Coax helis have lots of undesirable flight characteristics that are magnified in a tandem heli. Flying a tandem is like flying the Goodyear blimp. But, they are very entertaining for a short time if you have money to burn. I've owned several tandem coaxes and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Very interesting Balr1 . When I watch the videos again on them, it does sort of look like it's a blimp . Do you think b/c it's eflite that it would act a little more like a regular mCX but just bigger. Or would it just be like any other tandem and fly blimp like ? I'm kind of reconsidering my initial desire to buy lol
Old Nov 02, 2009, 12:21 PM
Ottawa, Canada
Joined Aug 2009
172 Posts
MCX did get a tad boring for me until I discovered the cat will jump 3 feet in the to try and catch it. That added a whole new dimension for the MCX.
Old Nov 02, 2009, 12:27 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandn14 View Post
Very interesting Balr1 . When I watch the videos again on them, it does sort of look like it's a blimp . Do you think b/c it's eflite that it would act a little more like a regular mCX but just bigger. Or would it just be like any other tandem and fly blimp like ? I'm kind of reconsidering my initial desire to buy lol
If anything, the method EFlite is using to provide forward movement is better than other coax tandems. It's more like the vertical tail motor used by 3 channel coaxes. Pushing the tail up drops the nose down, providing forward movement. But, that's a long way from being good; it's just better than awful. I spent 6 months tweaking and modding a Walkera 38 and never got it to fly decently.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 08, 2009, 03:02 AM
Joined Sep 2009
117 Posts
super dead post lol
Old Nov 08, 2009, 09:14 AM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,508 Posts
It is still far from the initial release date, and no information is being released that I can find. Makes me think the release date will be pushed back. I myself think this will be an interesting and fun indoor flyer.
Steve
sleb is offline Find More Posts by sleb