HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:34 PM
Joined Oct 2009
4 Posts
Discussion
Run times and charge times for E-Revo Brushless

Hey guys, trying to decide between Revo 3.3 Nitro or E-Revo Brushless. What are the run times with the E-Revo and then how long does it take to charge the batteries. I'm old school....last time I had a car was in 1992 and I got about 12 min run time with 15 min charge time. Thanks in advance
player73 is offline Find More Posts by player73
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2009, 03:05 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,594 Posts
Thats still the charing average when charging NIxx. If you go with lipo which they are more power compared to NIxx Power to weight ratio, the average charge rate is 1 hour for 10-15 min run. LOL

But regardless of this charge times VS run time. it will average out better then nitro runtime & price or cost of running with fuel.

If you want loud dirty and lots of tweaking and fine tuning of engine and replace glow plugs GO 3.3 if you just to take a small break to let the motor cool down while the battery is charging then go electric.

But all you got to do to offset the charge time vs runtime is to get more batterys.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 21, 2009, 03:25 PM
Joined Oct 2009
4 Posts
So let me get this straight............on top of paying $600 some odd dollars on the erevo brushless...I need to go out and buy at least 2 2s Lipos and the charger??
player73 is offline Find More Posts by player73
Old Oct 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,594 Posts
I am not 100% sure on the price of the E-revo but most kits DO NOT include the battery & charger.

So yes X amount of $$$ plus lipos and charger OR 300$ plus battery and charger for the 1/16 E-Revo
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=TRA7108

But some places have it with Nixx pack included.
New Version Now Includes 2x 3000mah 8.4v 7-cell Nimh Packs!
The World's Most Powerful, Ready-To-RaceŽ Brushless Electric Monster Truck! Built For Brushless We built the E-Revo for 6S brushless power right from the start. For other companies, brushless ready means just making some nominal provisions for battery and motor installation and letting the aftermarket develop the upgrades necessary to make it survive. Not Traxxas. We heard the call for more power so E-Revo was tested tough for durability with brutal 6S LiPo power and intense custom wound brushless motors.
http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_E_Re..._p/tra5608.htm
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip