HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:47 PM
danielsville,pa
Joined Jul 2007
108 Posts
Discussion
Places To Slope In The Lehigh Valley Area

Looking For Places To Slope Around The Lehigh Valley Area. I Have Had Permission To Slope At Blue Mtn. But I Am Limited To A West Wind. Doe's Anyone Know Of Any Other Spots In The Area?
jethead is offline Find More Posts by jethead
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:36 PM
Allentown, PA
Joined Jun 2005
37 Posts
We have a couple places to slope soar within an hour or so of Lehigh Valley. My two favorites are Blue Mountain ski area for a North wind, and the pipeline in NJ for a North West wind. Check out the website linked below.

http://www.geocities.com/sparkir/slopemap.html

Dale
dalehart is offline Find More Posts by dalehart
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:09 PM
danielsville,pa
Joined Jul 2007
108 Posts
HI DALE i'am the tattoed combat guy from the club. I am just out there picking brains for other spots like up around palmerton. see you at the field.
jethead is offline Find More Posts by jethead
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:05 PM
Lewisburg, PA
Joined Apr 2002
970 Posts
Since Geocities is no more, is there a way to get the slope map mentioned here? I want check out these sites.

Paul Naton
lewisburg PA
Paul Naton is offline Find More Posts by Paul Naton
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:31 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,344 Posts
Better save the Google cache of the page before that goes away. Yahoo terminated Geocities.
mlachow is offline Find More Posts by mlachow
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:26 PM
Joined Dec 2003
579 Posts
Me also!

Hi Jethead:
I live in Lake Hauto - south of Hazelton -- 8 miles NW of Lehighton.

I've tried to find old culm slopes, but young trees on the slopes and top are beginning to make landing difficult.

I have numerous LARGE scale ships and prefer a safe LZ.

Just south of Tamaqua on 309 (behind the Hess station) there is a large (500 ft) slope facing NW, old strip mine. Small shrubs.

Eagles, hawks, and buzzards use it all the time. Yea, I know they do not have a manditory landing.

Also the sister slope behind the Tamqua HS. You can land down by the athletics fields.

Looking for TD flying buddies in local area also. I have lots of TD ships and Woody TD ships.
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethead View Post
Looking For Places To Slope Around The Lehigh Valley Area. I Have Had Permission To Slope At Blue Mtn. But I Am Limited To A West Wind. Doe's Anyone Know Of Any Other Spots In The Area?
vintagesailplnr is online now Find More Posts by vintagesailplnr