HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 20, 2009, 06:26 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined Sep 2003
55 Posts
Alert
Banana Hobby F-117 Stealth Fighter V2 (WARNING)

[B]Be sure to read this before you order this RTF Model from Banana Hobby.

On Oct. 2, I received this RTF from Banana Hobby. On Oct 3 and 4, I reported to them via Customer Support Chat and e-mail, and by contacting Pete by personal message on RCGroups:

1. The servo in the right wing is disfuctional...erratic movement.
2. Cannot get rudder to work (V-tail), only elevator.
3. Transmitter or receiver problem causing coupling of elevator and aileron.

No one in support could address these problems. Pete did respond that the model he is flying in the demo video does not have rudder. Yet the web description at http://www.bananahobby.com/1888.html clearly states "Full Functional Tail Rudder Control!". Also, on this same description it says, "Full State-Of-The-Art Specktrum 2.4GHz Transmission System". The transmitter and receiver that I received are not Spektrum but a poorly made 2.4 mHz transmitter and receiver. The transmitter has only mechanical trims and servo reversing switches.

In the past 2 weeks, I have contacted the Support Chat several times, and sent another RCGroups personal message to Pete. I have received no answer. So much for their advertised "100% Satisfaction ". As it is, this model is unflyable... and I paid over $300.

Be warned, deal with this company at your own risk.
rbollinger is offline Find More Posts by rbollinger
Last edited by rbollinger; Oct 20, 2009 at 08:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2009, 07:46 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Foamy edf?

Bob
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:07 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined Sep 2003
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot
Foamy edf?

Bob
Yes, I guess I should move this the Foam Thread but don't know how.
rbollinger is offline Find More Posts by rbollinger
Closed Thread