HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2009, 02:14 PM
Fairfax, Virginia
Joined Aug 2009
28 Posts
Discussion
Bad Product from nitroplanes.com

I purchased a F15e from nitroplanes.com. On the first fly, the battery drive out after two minutes flying. The motor smoked and burned. I ordered a new motor, put it in, and it burned again. I suspected something wrong with the ESC. I checked, and it is true that put a 30A esc instead of a 25A as they said on the website. So, I believe the wrong ESC provided more power to the motor than needed, and thus burned them up. I called customer service, they said the best thing they can do is giving me a new ESC if I agree to buy a new motor and send them back the stocked ESC and the dead motor. What a deal for me considering that they were the one that made the mistake. They also suggested if I am happy with it, I should deal with the manufacture, and they don't know who the manufacture is. They asked me to find it out. What a hassle! After a while of negotiating, they agreed to give me a 25A esc for free. That is good enough for me. However, beware of the products from this website. I am not saying all product are bad, but it is such a hassle to deal with customer service if something is wrong. Has to wait at least 15 minutes everytime I called.
TuanT is offline Find More Posts by TuanT
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2009, 02:31 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,326 Posts
NitroPlanes.com is the Walmart of RC, not everything they sell is good but they are just the vendor and not the manufacturer. It always hard to deal with online vendors after the sale of the product atleast with some online vendors.

ESC wont burn up a motor cause it sent to much power unless you are running it on a higher voltage battery. wrong prop will kill a motor. Prop/motor amp draw will kill the ESC. Prop/motor/esc will kill battery.

So you got a lemon, they are other who also got lemons but yet this number is small compared to their sales with satisfied customer.

What did you buy and what power system was in the plane or RC you bought from them.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 20, 2009, 02:52 PM
Fairfax, Virginia
Joined Aug 2009
28 Posts
Thanks Freechip.

I bought the F15E RTF. Regarding the power system, they are not brand name motor and ESC. There is no labble on the motor. Therefore I can't tell what it is. But I know it is a inrunner brushless. Regarding the battery, it is a stock 3c 2200 mAh. The ESC should be able to work fine with 2 or 3 cells. I believe the manual also says so. For the prop, it is a stock ducted fan (64mm). If you have any other suspect of what other part might be wrong, please let me know.

Thank you so much!
TuanT is offline Find More Posts by TuanT