SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by drola, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:11 AM
miami, fl
Joined Aug 2009
24 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Sold
1/2 Scale Aeronca Champ - 50% 18' WS

i had this plane sold but due to logistics it is back up for sale.
up for sale is my half scale aeronca champ. yes, 50%. wingspan is 18 feet !!!!
this is a one of a kind plane that was built and flown by an elderly gentleman who had a full scale and copied it to half scale. that guy passed away and this plane sat in his hangar for a few years until a pilot friend of mine saw it and purchased it from his widow. the original fabric covering was in really rough shape so it has been stripped.
every single item on this plane was scratch built. the scale cockpit has working rudder pedals, seats, working throttle levers, and even the control sticks are hooked up to servos and move as controls are inputted from the transmitter.
the plane obviously needs some work but it's all there. it will need servos, to be covered, main wheels, and i would change the motor. you will need to make a windshield and a couple of the windows - easy stuff. and overall a good once over just to make sure all is flight worthy.
the motor currently mounted is an old mcculloch chainsaw conversion. i tried to start it and got it to spit but never turned on. personally i would put a single or twin with at least 100cc's or more.
this plane is a monster. wingspan is 213 inches, fuse lenght is 127 inches, rear stab is 61 inches, fuse is 16 inches wide, and the wing has a 30 inch chord.
this baby will get ALL the attention at the flying field.
you will need a trailer or a truck to transport it. and by truck i do not mean a pick up. i mean a TRUCK. with the fuse being over 5 feet wide and 10 feet long, transport is a bit of a challenge if you're not equipped.
i can deliver this plane anywhere in south florida, east or west coast for $100. this covers trailer rental and gas.
i have more pics if you would like to see more of the plane. it's sitting in my living room and the other half does not think it's so funny anymore.
AGAIN - logistics is an issue. please be sure you can transport this plane before you commit to buy!
trades - realistically i need the cash. but if you have something cool to trade plus cash we can talk. i'm not looking for anything specific. no helis !!!
you can call me at 786-412-1172
drola is offline Find More Posts by drola
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2009, 03:55 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,455 Posts
Trader Rating: 68
I can't buy it but I would love to see a photo of it with a person standing next to it for size reference.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:42 PM
Don't be scared, fly it!
Georgia, USA
Joined Mar 2008
618 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Price?
Cloud Cruiser is offline Find More Posts by Cloud Cruiser
Closed Thread