HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:33 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Clear canopies

Is anyone (still) selling the custom clear canopies???
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:14 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,027 Posts
http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...roducts_id=448

If you do add this cockpit, it's important to move the battery forward to a spot under the nose, otherwise it will be tail heavy.
Angelo is online now Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
My question is are there any modifications that should be done straight off the bat before flying???
If you have the RTF version, definitely make sure it's on low rates! Even then, low rates are pretty sensitive. I use the Spektrum DX6i, I have low rates on it and put in some expo too, just flew it this morning and flies really sweet with this set up.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
If you have the RTF version, definitely make sure it's on low rates! Even then, low rates are pretty sensitive. I use the Spektrum DX6i, I have low rates on it and put in some expo too, just flew it this morning and flies really sweet with this set up.
I have a DX6i too, and I have prepared the below settings loosely based on my mCX2 settings.could you please look them over to see if they will work (especially the mixing). Thanks in advance!!!

Set up List

Model Type:
ACRO

Reverse:
-N(all of them)

Wing Tail Mix:
INH (all of them)

D/R Combi:
D/R SW: RUDD

Adjust List

D/R & EXPO

Be sure RUDD D/R switch is in the 0 position to enter the first set of numbers.
  • AILE 0 70% +40%
  • ELEV 0 70% +20%
  • RUD 0 90% +05%
Now flip the RUDD D/R switch to 1 to enter the next set of numbers
  • AILE 1 100% + 50%
  • ELEV 1 100% + 30%
  • RUDD 1 100% + 10%

Travel ADJ

You will need to move the corresponding stick either left/right or up/down to enter the second set of numbers.
  • THRO: 100% - 125%
  • AILE: 120% - 120%
  • ELEV: 120% - 120%
  • RUDD: 120% - 120%
  • GEAR: 100% - 100%
  • FLAP: 100% - 100%

MIX 1

AILE -> RUDD ACT
RATE L - 45% R - 45%
SW ELE D/R TRIM INH

Mix 2

THRO -> ELEV ACT
RATE L + 35% R + 35%
SW GEAR TRIM INH

Instructions
  • Keep all your switches at 0 to start with.
  • The RUDD D/R switch will control the sensitivity of the sticks, like a high/low rate.
  • The ELEV D/R switch will help you bank without loosing altitude (hopefully)
  • The GEAR switch will help you maintain a level flight while flying fast or slow (hopefully)
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:15 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,027 Posts
Quote:
I have a DX6i too, and I have prepared the below settings loosely based on my mCX2 settings.could you please look them over to see if they will work (especially the mixing). Thanks in advance!!!
Don't have my settings in front of me, but I don't use any mixing. I sometimes will put a little rudder in when turning, but it doesn't really need it. Same with throttle/elevator, it climbs slightly with full throttle but that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:26 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
Don't have my settings in front of me, but I don't use any mixing. I sometimes will put a little rudder in when turning, but it doesn't really need it. Same with throttle/elevator, it climbs slightly with full throttle but that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
In regards to the mixing, I just want her to be on rails the first few times I fly it

I might dial down the throttle/elevator mix if it only climbs slightly at full speed

Thanks for the info
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:34 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
I just got back from flying my Mustang in a 10 mph breeze. I had to bring it down because it was getting wild. My recommendation on the first flight is to a) fly it on a windless day and b) take it up at least 100 feet before you begin to turn. It has a tendency to slide wing down and I tend to overcompensate every time I'm off for a few weeks. Also, I am flying with Thunder Power 25C 160mah batteries which give you plenty of power to get out of trouble. Highly recommend similar.
Saxguy1000 is online now Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Hi all,
This is my first post on this forum so hope you enjoy!
Attached are a few pics of my UM P-51 after it's 3rd rebuild following the latest mid air collision. I added custom decals made to represent Mustang Sally (N72FT) flying here in South Africa. I also made my own lights and installed them.
Enjoy
nc01 is offline Find More Posts by nc01
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:09 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,534 Posts
Nice work, impressive.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:40 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Hey guys, Just a quick question: what prop would work best out of what I already have, some pros and cons would be nice cause im a bit of a noob when it comes to props , thanks in advance
  • Stock Mustang
  • Stock Mosquito (3 blade)
  • GWS 5030 (2 blade)
  • GWS 5030 (3 blade)
  • GWS 6030 (3 blade)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:01 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys, Just a quick question: what prop would work best out of what I already have, some pros and cons would be nice cause im a bit of a noob when it comes to props , thanks in advance
  • Stock Mustang
  • Stock Mosquito (3 blade)
  • GWS 5030 (2 blade)
  • GWS 5030 (3 blade)
  • GWS 6030 (3 blade)
I'd say go with the 5030. The stock (if I'm not mistaken) is a 130x70 or a 5028. (Please correct me if I am off.)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:48 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Ok I have a question for all you ar6400 geeks. How can I set up lights so that I can remotely switch them on??? I want to use the xport, and I have even programed the brick for the 5th ch, but for the life of me I cannot get them to switch on and off with my dx6i. They turn on as soon as I plug the battery in
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:53 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
I'd say go with the 5030. The stock (if I'm not mistaken) is a 130x70 or a 5028. (Please correct me if I am off.)
I think the 130x70 sounds about right, but I have had mixed reports on which prop to go with. In another thread someone said that the stock prop has the best all round performance, and as I dont have a particular flying style yet I think all round performance is probably the way to go
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:36 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
Quote:
I think the 130x70 sounds about right, but I have had mixed reports on which prop to go with. In another thread someone said that the stock prop has the best all round performance, and as I dont have a particular flying style yet I think all round performance is probably the way to go
I would agree. I went back to the stock after trying a couple others. You have to have matching batteries for more power, and there is a limit to what a 1S will do.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:36 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Marina Village, NC
Joined Aug 2007
3,301 Posts
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC