SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2009, 01:14 PM
Joined Apr 2008
661 Posts
Lol Oh i get ya, anyways, in the pic above, can't you just remove the wing to paitn it in sections? Or is that harder? I don't have the plane yet, it came in today and I will look at it.
butters149 is offline Find More Posts by butters149
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:28 PM
Nose Wheels are for Sissies
Madera, CA
Joined Jan 2009
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
You can also use Velcro to provide a battery "shelf" for batteries about to be used, or for holding a charging station. I use Velco circles to hold the foam block in the Ember "hangars". Mustang hangar now has the charging station velcro installed.
Elfi Flyer, where did you get that charger that plugs into a flight pack? I've been looking all over for something about it, and I just saw it in the Ember picture you attached to the post I quoted.

Edit: It's Post 81 on page 6.
C140 is offline Find More Posts by C140
Last edited by C140; Dec 31, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:59 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,953 Posts
(fourplay)four port charger Lukes rc planes,I would post a link but there site is down,
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Last edited by I R Irv; Dec 31, 2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 04:03 PM
Parkzone connectors here!!
Joined Oct 2008
321 Posts
c140,
you can make your own charger plug into a flight pack if your willing to do a little soldering. simply take apart a charger and conect the power leads to your plug with a resistor on one of the sides. the resistor depends on how many cells you want to run and what the charge rate is set at on your charger. example: fully charged 2S = 8.4v, 4 AA= 6 volts if your charger is set at the minimum charge rate of 100Mah it is roughly the same drain on the battery. so you use ohms law to calculate that you will need a 27 Ohm 1/2 Watt resistor to get your supply to 6v then for your LED you will need to bring it down to 1.5 at 20Mah so that would be around a 270 Ohm 1/4 Watt. so for the price of 2 resistors and a battery plug you have one provided you have a PZ charger. any other questions PM me
olmstead25 is offline Find More Posts by olmstead25
Old Dec 31, 2009, 04:40 PM
Nose Wheels are for Sissies
Madera, CA
Joined Jan 2009
35 Posts
Thanks, that's what I was looking for, but at $70, it's not gonna happen any time soon. I might try opening up a Parkzone one.
C140 is offline Find More Posts by C140
Old Dec 31, 2009, 04:48 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,953 Posts
70$ is a bit much but after using it now I think it's worth every penny.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Dec 31, 2009, 04:59 PM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,946 Posts
The wing can be removed but it's glued on to the lower fuselage section. But since I want to activate this bird I left it on. It would have been a lot easier to do the panel lines with the wing off though.

My friend Jin made some awesome decals for me for the Glennon Moran, Little Ann P-51 scheme. (Thank U Jin)

I got the Blue Nose,rudder and prop done. Next the pilot and minor cockpit details. It's starting to look like it now.

Pete
mtflyr is offline Find More Posts by mtflyr
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:01 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C140 View Post
Elfi Flyer, where did you get that charger that plugs into a flight pack? I've been looking all over for something about it, and I just saw it in the Ember picture you attached to the post I quoted.

Edit: It's Post 81 on page 6.
Got mine at SEFF 2009. I was willing to pay the $$ for the convenience of having the charger immediately available, also to get the adjustable charge rate feature (adjustable for each of the four ports). Thus far, very satisfied with the charger, also the ability to mount it in or on the "hangar".

As already posted, Luke's Hobby seems to be the place where you can get this charger, possibly direct from ETF, but not sure on that. The 240 mAh Hyperion Lipo's I am now using will tolerate a 2 - 3C charge, so I can crank up one or more ports on the FourPlay to 350 mAh and get a recharged cell in about 20 minutes. Neat charger. I like it, might even get another to work in the Ember "hangars".
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Jan 02, 2010, 12:30 AM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,946 Posts
Except for some John Morgan style weathering with chalk that I'll do later, I finished my PZ Micro P-51C.

Weight WO wing landing gear 1.1oz. so no real weight added.

Did some minor cockipt details and the decals my friend Jin made worked great.

Pete
Old Jan 02, 2010, 03:15 AM
Warbird Flyer
North New Jersey
Joined Dec 2009
197 Posts
Wow!

Looks Great! I guess I'm gonna have to give up the Sharpie and electrical tape and try this for real

~Joe
JoeS475 is offline Find More Posts by JoeS475
Old Jan 02, 2010, 08:17 AM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,946 Posts
Added some weathering and landing gear door covers, though I fly without the landing gear.

Pete
Old Jan 02, 2010, 10:28 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,076 Posts
you plane looks awesome! Kinda wish I could do something like that, but I would end up crashing it.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Trinidad Scorpion
Old Jan 03, 2010, 08:12 AM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,946 Posts
Thanks VS,

With these micro birds being so light even when you whack in there's usually very little if any damage. That's what I really like about this weight and size RC bird.

Pete
Old Jan 03, 2010, 08:41 AM
Crawley Down, sussex, England
Joined Dec 2004
350 Posts
Greeeaatt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtflyr View Post
Added some weathering and landing gear door covers, though I fly without the landing gear.

Pete
I have never been a big fan of the 'B' and 'C' versions of the Mustang, but you have made a truly beautiful model! I can appreciate the massive amount of work you put into it, to make it look historically accurate. The artistry and modelling skills to do that on a big model is one thing, but on this small and fragile plane, it is really tricky, as i have found out. I look forward to seeing some pictures of it flying!!
sniper1 is offline Find More Posts by sniper1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Rarebear/ Bearcat
Old Jan 03, 2010, 06:14 PM
duct tape and hot glue
Olympia,WA
Joined Dec 2009
294 Posts
Thats pretty amazing mtflyr! Looks more like a display model than a flyer! Just try not to think about a rough landing
bungholio is offline Find More Posts by bungholio