SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2009, 12:01 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR View Post
I guess maybe I need another 24K posts to make it to that level then?

Tommy D is online now Find More Posts by Tommy D
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2009, 12:44 AM
old pilot
Rapid City SD
Joined Dec 2007
3,822 Posts
A great thing about RC is the planes never do BS (keeps everybody honest). Planes fly the way they fly, and personally I like to see one flying regularly and hear what guys say about flying it before I spend my dollars. Icky
Ickarusmelt is offline Find More Posts by Ickarusmelt
Old Dec 04, 2009, 07:32 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Icky,

You are so correct on your post as I have been burned just too many times and I see nothing wrong with someone coming here and providing some caution before buying.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Dec 05, 2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 07:59 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Now this isn't being mean but just making an observation so don't take offense Carlos.

Tommy posted before you on this thread so technically you are following him.

Psychologically speaking, if you think the photo posted is in reference to you then you must have a guilty conscience whether it was or not. He didn't call you out by name and the person in it seems to be feminine in stature so you could of been quiet and nobody would of been the wiser. Everybody is connecting the dots now that you have spoken up. Now if anything I have said offends you or anyone else here for that matter then you need to take a long look at yourself. The truth only hurts when you yourself are not happy with it. So that completes the Dr. Phil portion of this post.

Pertaining to the P-38, Jon, do the retracts operate in a scale motion or do they retract forward to transfer the stress energy to a sturdier part of the retract housing? Also, are the gear doors split so there are 2 for each boom or is there one per boom?

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Dec 04, 2009, 08:03 AM View Post
guapoman2000
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 08:17 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
I am not saying he doesn't, I am saying in this particular thread he hasn't made it obvious to the outside world that doesn't know you that he is talking about you. As for ignoring you goes, eh, maybe he doesn't want to miss any of the conversations. Sometimes you do provide useful information that others can learn from. Then there are times it may just be good old entertainment for someone waiting for the glue to dry. The same could be asked of you, How come you haven't put him on your ignore list? Then you wouldn't have to see anything that he writes, be it about you or something else. Curiosity is a heck of a thing. Also, my post was not premature. It pertained directly to what was presented in this thread. A post from another thread is irrelevant.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 08:21 AM View Post
guapoman2000
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 08:31 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Well I am glad I can make you laugh, even Dracula had a sense of humor.

Truth be told though, I didn't cite any rules of irrelevancy. I stated a fact pertaining/relevant to this thread.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 08:41 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Well I am glad I can make you laugh, even Dracula had a sense of humor.

Truth be told though, I didn't cite any rules of irrelevancy. I stated a fact pertaining/relevant to this thread.

Hey Orion,

I like your new Avitar and I still remember your PM about being a Graphic Art designer! I picked up some magazines from our work library titled CGW (Computer Graphics World) as I am taking lots of interest in the subject.

Some very neat Graphical tools exist today and I am just amazed on what you can do with computers and software!!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Dec 05, 2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 09:15 AM
France
Joined Jun 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
I think this will be the closest distributor to you Manu. Its in Germany but they don't have a distributor in Belgium.
http://hobby-exporter.com/html/jpow_dl4.html

Steff, this one is in France, so shipping should be relatively low if you can't get there in person.
http://hobby-exporter.com/html/jpow_dl3.html

I didn't see it listed on the sites yet but the plane is still fresh and may show up once we see Banana Hobby shipping its supply.

Orion

thanks orion =)
steff5l6 is offline Find More Posts by steff5l6
Old Dec 04, 2009, 09:16 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Yeah I remember the PM. I am glad you are taking an interest in it. Did your daughter ever explore it any more? The technology used to create stuff is amazing. You would flip if you knew how Junk mail worked. Very Big Brother like.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 09:16 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,644 Posts
Hey Carlos, thanks for showing up and "ruining " another thread in your unique style! Now we ave an entire page of useless information and the usual arguing and talk of people getting put on your IGNORE list! I thought Tommy was already there? Am I still? Just how many people do you have on your ignore list? I have none. Seems to me if a user has more than a few people on his ignore list, that turns the finger around to point at HIM. Please please let this thread return to its previous focus .... the new P38.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2009, 09:18 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Pertaining to the P-38, Jon, do the retracts operate in a scale motion or do they retract forward to transfer the stress energy to a sturdier part of the retract housing? Also, are the gear doors split so there are 2 for each boom or is there one per boom?

Orion
Just in case you missed it in the side tracked conversation, I would still like to know the answer if it is something you can tell us about before the review.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 09:20 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,644 Posts
Sorry ...

Sure thing, happy to share all I can with you. All three gear retract rearward. Single doors for all three gears.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2009, 09:23 AM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,848 Posts
Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR View Post
Sorry ...

Sure thing, happy to share all I can with you. All three gear retract rearward. Single doors for all three gears.
Thanks, did you get any wattmeter readings on the motors? Weigh it, ready to fly?
Gohmer is online now Find More Posts by Gohmer