HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:56 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadorey View Post

and the ailerons slightly raised as well as aileron differential. Right now I'm very happy with it, maybe at a later point I'll reduce the spoileron effect or differential to see if there are any improvements in other areas.
Hey Gadorey, I don't remember reading on here about the aircraft needing any permanent up aileron deflection. Why do you do that?

FWIW, I can literally harrier mine around upright and inverted without a hint of tip stall, so can't see the need for it myself unless I'm missing something. It's a pretty benign handling plane this one.

Sub
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Gadorey, Is yours stock? v1 or v2? I have stock v1 and use 3s 2300mah packs and a 7 minute flight would be pushing it. As is, some of my packs get puffy if I'm WOT too much. Failing to see how you're going to get a 10 min flight!
I don't know, but that's what I'm getting. Started with 5 min on the timer, increased it to 7 min, then to 8min. I charged my bat. after the 8 min flight last night and put in 899mAh on the 2200mAh Lipo. That's still 59% charge left after 8 min.

It is all stock and from the descriptions about V1 and V2 I guess it's a V1, although the under carriage doors are spring loaded to shut, but the retracts are with servos. I must say I fly slow and sedatetly and mostly between 1/4 and 3/4 throttle. Full Throttle is very seldom and only short bursts when needed. No acrobatics either - did a loop once. I guess as my confidence with her grows and start pushing the limits more I might have to readjust the flight times down.
gadorey is offline Find More Posts by gadorey
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:59 PM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Hey Gadorey, I don't remember reading on here about the aircraft needing any permanent up aileron deflection. Why do you do that?

FWIW, I can literally harrier mine around upright and inverted without a hint of tip stall, so can't see the need for it myself unless I'm missing something. It's a pretty benign handling plane this one.

Sub
You probably don't. Old beginner habit of mine, I always set all my planes with aileron differential and put in some up trim on both ailerons to start with. Added safety for the maiden, I guess. With the P-38 I have about a trailing wedge width up. But as she flys, she probably doesn't need it as you say. Since I'm not big on accrobatics and am not going for sharp rolls or anything like that, I haven't noticed any negative effects either.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:10 PM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
1,098 Posts
so finally here's some pictures. Had a small mishap today. I was practicing touch and goes and veered off the runway landing on the side ditch. Only damage was a snapped boom were the tail is attached. Broke clean off the square block that goes into the tail - a well known weak spot. A toothpick and epoxy and should be flying again tomorrow
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:24 AM
Monahans TX
Joined Sep 2010
1,925 Posts
I see the problem, your props are made of rubber LOL
She's looking good, gadorey!
WestTexasKing is offline Find More Posts by WestTexasKing
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:52 AM
so-cal
Joined Jun 2010
779 Posts
Well crash my p-38 today (RIP) and i want to order a new one but i see Banana is not sell J-Power anymore dose anyone know where i can order the J-Power V2?
maddawg1 is offline Find More Posts by maddawg1
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:55 AM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Apr 2012
986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg1 View Post
Well crash my p-38 today (RIP) and i want to order a new one but i see Banana is not sell J-Power anymore dose anyone know where i can order the J-Power V2?
oh no, what happened?

I'm not sure on the V2 being anywhere, I know HK just got a bunch of V1's (I assume V1's) in stock in the USA location. Just replace the retracts with servoless ones and you'd be good to go really...
peterswolf is online now Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterswolf View Post
oh no, what happened?

I'm not sure on the V2 being anywhere, I know HK just got a bunch of V1's in stock in the USA location. Just replace the retracts with servoless ones and you'd be good to go really...
Try this - X-UAV makes the J-power

http://www.generalhobby.com/xuav-lig...cts-p-335.html
Hink64 is offline Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:03 AM
so-cal
Joined Jun 2010
779 Posts
Thanks guys The Pilot got to cocky flying to close to the ground and clip the tip of the wing on the ground in a turn. you know how after you have a lot of time on a plane (over 100 flights) you want more excitement well some time it bite you that what happen to me.
maddawg1 is offline Find More Posts by maddawg1
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:12 AM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasKing View Post
I see the problem, your props are made of rubber LOL
She's looking good, gadorey!
Yes, but it's Chinese rubber

For those of you trying to find this model, you could always try here.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...d=10149035869&

That's where I bought mine. Of-course having a wonderful asistent like I do helps, but if you manage to talk to them I'm sure they will find a way to send you the box. recognise the pictures? You've got to love China.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:40 AM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined Oct 2001
805 Posts
V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg1 View Post
I think you can get a V2 here in the US from these guys,
http://www.killerplanes.com/product/...fighter-wservo
jpflyer is offline Find More Posts by jpflyer
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,617 Posts
Try Toysonics:

http://www.toysonics.com/p-38-lightn...-retracts.html

or killerplanes

http://www.killerplanes.com/product/...fighter-wservo

The killerplanes description says that is the v2 plane, they also have the crashproofing available for the plane to reinforce weak spots or where the plane tends to break. Steve is active here at RCG and answers PMs, his username is killerplanes (shocker I know).

Hope this is a help.
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:36 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadorey View Post
so finally here's some pictures. Had a small mishap today. I was practicing touch and goes and veered off the runway landing on the side ditch. Only damage was a snapped boom were the tail is attached. Broke clean off the square block that goes into the tail - a well known weak spot. A toothpick and epoxy and should be flying again tomorrow
Love the photos, great stuff! Flew mine today, but did not get any footage.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:54 AM
too many planes
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Sep 2012
149 Posts
I replaced my motors with 3542 1100s and 2 30 amp speedys. Shes very fast and very heavy but flies like its on rails. I guess I got lucky with the correct down thrust.I also painted it olive drab and used aluminum pop cans as gear doors. The stock gear was scrap so I used E flite tricycles they work great and gave me a little more ground clearance with the props.
ww2birder is offline Find More Posts by ww2birder
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:31 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,208 Posts
JP P-38's....where are you finding spare parts....props and spinners to be specific....looking into putting one of these planes in my squadron....but hesitant about finding parts....looks like the Aircraft is being discontinued. Killer Planes may have some in stock...but not sure about spare parts a few months from now

Best Regards,
TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is online now Find More Posts by TwistedGrin