Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:55 PM
Monahans TX
Joined Sep 2010
1,925 Posts
I flew it until the LVC kicked in while monitoring Quanum battery telemetry, just to see how long it would go for.
It was the only time I could keep my concentration up for that long LOL
The rest of the flights were 20min or so.

The V1 P38 will fly with a 4S lipo (14.8V), several pages back they were talking about how well it did.
WestTexasKing is offline Find More Posts by WestTexasKing
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:11 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasKing View Post
I flew it until the LVC kicked in while monitoring Quanum battery telemetry, just to see how long it would go for.
It was the only time I could keep my concentration up for that long LOL
The rest of the flights were 20min or so.

The V1 P38 will fly with a 4S lipo (14.8V), several pages back they were talking about how well it did.
Right, so you probably used pretty much 2000mah or more if batts was nice and new, that makes me feels better as a123 batts have less voltage and only used 700 to 750 mah for 15 to 20 mins, I gues it all adds up then and nothing is wrong, though today I tried with bigger prop to get better climbs used 600mah in 2:30 mins of power for 7 mins flight time rubbish but wind was coming over houses and pushing plane back down pretty quick.
my asw28 from st models uses just 2 of the a123 cells and allways get 20 mins minimum fro 700mah or so and regularly goes over 30 min, I have had 57 mins and on 2 cell 1000mah lipo over an hour and tens mins, now that took some concentration I can tell you!
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:25 AM
Joined Aug 2003
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nom View Post
Almost finished my V1 build. Unfortunately I noticed that the stock motors that came with the plane do not generate the same amount of thrust. I am itching to fly her but debating about ordering a new pair of motors so that I have equal thrust on both wings. Suggestions?
hi ,most common cause is rear moter shaft dragging on ply plate ,quick fix whith drill bit remove a bit of ply ,but as long as moters have to be removed
for that its a good idea to do the glue the ply disks to airframe mod
mdugas is offline Find More Posts by mdugas
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:55 PM
Monahans TX
Joined Sep 2010
1,925 Posts
nom, you can also trim the thrust disparity by programming in differential thrust.
A touch of rudder trim usually equalizes the thrust and gives you insane yaw control.
Search this thread for previous posts on how to set it up, all you need is a programmable radio and a spare channel.
Just make sure that nothing else is causing one motor to drag, like rubbing against the motor mount, spinner rubbing the cowling, out of balance props, etc. before you trim the thrust out.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:23 AM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
1,517 Posts
Thanks for the replies and I will work on her this weekend and hopefully maiden her. Will most likely try to belly land her, will keep my fingers crossed.
nom is online now Find More Posts by nom
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:04 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,790 Posts
I just picked up a used one from my friend and its a V1 but is there a way to make it alittle faster with different props like maybe Master Airscrew. Going to be doing a repaint its looking alittle shabby. Its also going to be a belly lander
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:06 AM
Joined Nov 2011
27 Posts
needs fixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_n View Post
Check out the new P-38 Lightning on BananaHobby.com. I've been looking for one so pre-ordered it. It'll be available in November 2009.

Any comments on this plane?
Problems: One motors wires to ESC not connected. Wings warped up at tips. Had to undo carbon fiber rod and reepoxy. One motor had a grinding sound; am replacing both with Rimfire .25's. Can spin bigger props, more scale looking. Wheels are undersized. Had some old ones from an EFlite model I crashed. Replaced the mains, but the nose had to stay.
BigBRC1 is offline Find More Posts by BigBRC1
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:55 PM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
I just picked up a used one from my friend and its a V1 but is there a way to make it alittle faster with different props like maybe Master Airscrew. Going to be doing a repaint its looking alittle shabby. Its also going to be a belly lander
Mate, if you put a MAS on this model and fly as a belly lander, you will find yourself with issues. The MAS props aren't flexible enough for a belly lander. The Stock props are fine, AND there are spares available on the HK website.
Sure upgrade motors a little, but, you're not going to turn this into a rocket, it's great as is.
Rob
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spektrum Gratton Air-Fair
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:49 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,476 Posts
Quote:
If you are stripping out the gear, cut out the battery box floor and you can fit a 4S 2200. The plane really comes to life. I fly it around at half throttle and its very nice. Much better than the 3/4 to full required on 3S. Mine is bone stock otherwise.
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:10 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
If you are stripping out the gear, cut out the battery box floor and you can fit a 4S 2200. The plane really comes to life. I fly it around at half throttle and its very nice. Much better than the 3/4 to full required on 3S. Mine is bone stock otherwise.
Cool have to try that and the motors will handle the 4s
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:11 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,790 Posts
Banana Hobby also has the props also

http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...5---parts.html
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:15 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,790 Posts
Are the V2 motors better then the V1 motors
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:17 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,476 Posts
Quote:
Cool have to try that and the motors will handle the 4s
So far I haven't heard anybody that has had a problem with it.

Regards,
Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2011
3 Posts
I enjoy modifying the airplanes that I bought anyways, if it did not come with the retracts which pretty much none of them dont for the price..it's a 50/50 percent buildiing, these newbies are spoiled in the hobby, if they would only remember when they had to build from scratch...now all they want to do is fly!! The name of the game it is a HOBBY and includes building and fixing just like ANY other hobby...thats just my 2 cents on the matter on these guys that want to spend chep $$ and expect the world..mine flies perfect and I am always checking my airplane when I come down for loose parts etc. it's just a part of the Hobby, I dont fly off grass, these cheap retracts were not made for T&L on grass, Chill Out you guys and quit whining on the thread and support the ones that wants to learn the pro's and con's of the airplane,thats what it's for, OOrah...10-4 Out
cherokee818 is offline Find More Posts by cherokee818
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:45 PM
Monahans TX
Joined Sep 2010
1,925 Posts
My hobby is flying planes, both RC and the big ones.
Fixing them is a part of life, and I only do it to get back in the air...after much gnashing of teeth of course