HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2011, 09:25 PM
so-cal
Joined Jun 2010
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight99 View Post
One of the motors is not sounding all that good, it has a grinding sound but other than that its operating normal. Something is telling me to change them out while I still can. Any ideas what would be a good replacement that will mount easy?

Version #2, only 2 flights so far.

Thank you for the help.
daylight where do you fly i live in fontana also, i fly out at Norton and IE, i was thinking about changing out my motors but it flys so well i haven't done it yet i pick up two Alpha 450 motors thats what i was going to install
maddawg1 is offline Find More Posts by maddawg1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:14 AM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,832 Posts
Hand Launch

G'day gents,
I took my California Cutie to the park a few days back, and gave my 5 year old daughter the camera so she could get a few pics, thinking "Hey she might get something useful.
This is what she took.
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spektrum Gratton Air-Fair
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:49 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg1 View Post
daylight where do you fly i live in fontana also, i fly out at Norton and IE, i was thinking about changing out my motors but it flys so well i haven't done it yet i pick up two Alpha 450 motors thats what i was going to install
I have gone to IE a few times but that dirt is hard on landing gear. Where I go now is the park where Milliken meets Baseline.

Do you feel the Alpha 450 would have enough power for the BH V2 P-38?
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
so-cal
Joined Jun 2010
734 Posts
I did a search on this Tread found the motors they where using then cross it over to these motors, you right about IE it's like landing on an aircratf carrier
with a soft deck and then throught a pound of dirt on your plane Rob nice pic and a great looking place to fly
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:58 AM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg1 View Post
I did a search on this Tread found the motors they where using then cross it over to these motors, you right about IE it's like landing on an aircratf carrier
with a soft deck and then throught a pound of dirt on your plane Rob nice pic and a great looking place to fly
I would be interested in buying those two motors if you would be willing to sell them.
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:35 PM
southern Illinois
Joined Jan 2010
504 Posts
She did pretty good for 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Knox View Post
G'day gents,
I took my California Cutie to the park a few days back, and gave my 5 year old daughter the camera so she could get a few pics, thinking "Hey she might get something useful.
This is what she took.
Your plane looks nice!
Dizzy5 is offline Find More Posts by Dizzy5
Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:23 PM
San Antonio, TX.
Joined Feb 2009
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Knox View Post
G'day gents,
This is what she took.
Great pics Rob, looks like your daughter is a natural.
malden86 is online now Find More Posts by malden86
Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:24 PM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jan 2011
67 Posts
Lost my plane yesterday. After 150+ flights. It looks like I lost radio control and kaboom. Does anyone have a kit they'd like to sell? Otherwise, I'll probably wait for the FMS kit to come out.
rickfe101 is offline Find More Posts by rickfe101
Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:42 PM
Captain Coolite
Joined Jan 2011
2,832 Posts
Malden, Dizzy, thanks gents,
Rick, sorry you lost you model, I hate to see or hear of them going in.
We lost 3 beautiful warbirds here on the weekend. It was really windy Sunday and some guys flew when perhaps they shouldn't have.
It was a vicious X wind, two totalled and one repairable
Rob
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:37 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2010
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfe101 View Post
Lost my plane yesterday. After 150+ flights. It looks like I lost radio control and kaboom. Does anyone have a kit they'd like to sell? Otherwise, I'll probably wait for the FMS kit to come out.

I haven't checked the Banana Hobby site lately, but I believe they have the KIT only version of this plane for around $89. You could take all of the electronics out of your existing plane and be ready to go with a new plane for relatively inexpensively.

I did the same thing awhile ago. The kit even comes with motors, so if your existing motors/shafts are bent, you'd still be good to go after swaping out your ESC's, Servos, etc.

Just a thought.

(I just checked, Banana Hobby still has the Kit only V1 airplane for $89 Here's the link: http://www.bananahobby.com/2028.html )
pilot40874 is offline Find More Posts by pilot40874
Last edited by pilot40874; Sep 26, 2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: checked the availability on Banana Hobby...
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:38 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2010
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfe101 View Post

...or the other option: Order another one from the US warehouse of HobbyKing. I think they are only $140 and no tax. Cheaper than ordering the full plane from Banana Hobby. Of course, it will be the V1 plane and not the V2 from BH, but if all you want to do is make a belly lander out of it, should be fine without the gear.
pilot40874 is offline Find More Posts by pilot40874
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:17 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,507 Posts
Got my replacement retract today from x-flight. 5 days from Hong Kong to my door...not bad! Plugged it in and its working, so looks like I've got a project for the weekend. Odd thing: When I plug in the nose retract, it goes up and down and up and down until I unplug it. I've erased all my mixes with that channel and it still does it. Plugged it into the wing retract plug and it works normally. I wonder if something is up with my front gear plug?
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:03 PM
so-cal
Joined Jun 2010
734 Posts
sound like it's not seeing the end switchs
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:04 PM
Captain Coolite
Joined Jan 2011
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Got my replacement retract today from x-flight. 5 days from Hong Kong to my door...not bad! Plugged it in and its working, so looks like I've got a project for the weekend. Odd thing: When I plug in the nose retract, it goes up and down and up and down until I unplug it. I've erased all my mixes with that channel and it still does it. Plugged it into the wing retract plug and it works normally. I wonder if something is up with my front gear plug?
That is unusual, but, it will make take-offs and landings interesting.

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:31 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Oct 2010
42 Posts
Belly landings good.... NOSE landings BAD!!!

Lost mine yesterday (on my birthday no less!) due to dumb pilot error. Low alt, too sharp of a turn with no air speed... stall ...CRASH!

I will try to rebuild, but I don't know if it will be air worthy because of where the stablizer/rudders broke, but we will see.

Anybody know of good 3 blade prop and spinner replacements? FMS B-25? MAS?
TX Flyboy is offline Find More Posts by TX Flyboy