SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:57 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Are people still having problems with the booms snapping on version 2?
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:26 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
My motor came in today so they got the shipping sorted out pretty quick. I had 4 boxes of RC stuff come in today, all the boxes where damaged and, BH sent me the V1 motor. So its useless to me. Thats how my night is going.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:49 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight99 View Post
Are people still having problems with the booms snapping on version 2?
Not yet, but I can see how they might give up on a really hard elevator pullout on the business end of a steep dive. Mine won't be entering any stunt competitions - It's just there to look pretty in the air!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:17 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Just got done with BH live chat. I think I would rather go to the dentist and have a root canal. They want pictures cause they don't know what I mean by, the plane has a longer canned motor on it then the V1. I have the short can V1 motor sent as a replacement. I am going back to balsa planes you have to put everything in. Going on owning this plane 1 month and still it has yet to see daylight.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:03 PM
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
I bought the 63" P-51 a couple of months ago and had the prop back plate drilled off center. I contacted BH and got the same crap, first they said thats the way it was ment to be, then they accused me of messing with it, then they wanted no less than 4 photo's that clearly show the hole drilled off center. I got lucky soon after and found Pete online, I explained the problem and he had a new back plate to me in 3 days. Pete needs to clear house and get people that treat you with respect cause the bad PR is getting out of hand
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:17 PM
add lightness
Big time Minneapolis, Good Ol' St Paul
Joined Oct 2007
1,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion View Post
Just got done with BH live chat. I think I would rather go to the dentist and have a root canal. They want pictures cause they don't know what I mean by, the plane has a longer canned motor on it then the V1. I have the short can V1 motor sent as a replacement. I am going back to balsa planes you have to put everything in. Going on owning this plane 1 month and still it has yet to see daylight.
motors are like $11 shipped from deal extreeme so don't panic. no need to go back to those fragile boxy balsa dinosaurs. this is a fine flying machine.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/a2212-1...ss-motor-45132
PositivelyJoe is offline Find More Posts by PositivelyJoe
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:03 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Quote:
I bought the 63" P-51 a couple of months ago and had the prop back plate drilled off center. I contacted BH and got the same crap, first they said thats the way it was ment to be, then they accused me of messing with it, then they wanted no less than 4 photo's that clearly show the hole drilled off center. I got lucky soon after and found Pete online, I explained the problem and he had a new back plate to me in 3 days. Pete needs to clear house and get people that treat you with respect cause the bad PR is getting out of hand
I can relate daylight, I seen you in the thread. I have the gunfighter. Two bad servos out the box, CG so far off it was not even close to where the battery mounted. Had to fabricate a whole new battery box. Retracts didn't work and had to be replaced. I had a ESC fail even after I reprogrammed it causing some minor damage. That prop is expensive.... I didn't contact BH cause I didn't want to deal with it. I had everything to fix it with more quality parts. But, I did get the backplate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositivelyJoe View Post
motors are like $11 shipped from deal extreeme so don't panic. no need to go back to those fragile boxy balsa dinosaurs. this is a fine flying machine.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/a2212-1...ss-motor-45132
PositivelyJoe did you need to mod anything to get those motors to fit distance wise on the cowls?? Any mod to the prop hubs? I want to fly this plane and not deal with BH. Also, I fly both foam and balsa. Balsa flys better imho and takes the wind better. My Hyperion JU87 Stuka flys circles around these things and lands slower. Its the best warbird I own.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:13 PM
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Got my BH V2 P-38 today and so far I'm missing 1 screw and all three gears doors are not mounted correctly but its not a big deal. The quality of this model is excellent and goes together very easy, it even came with a factory installed "Dean's" plug....nice I also like the deep channel in the wing for the wires. I have taken the gear doors off and will remount them with gorilla glue and try the rubberband to hold them closed. I can see that the nose wheel strut is not completely bent right but that only a minor fix.

I'm not into high speed so I plan on flying it bone stock as it seems to fly great with the stock setup. Overall I'm very happy and give it 4 1/2 Stars out of 5

About 2 weeks for the maiden as I'm waiting for a pair of HK "Orange" RX's to arrive for my Dx6i
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:22 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
I have to say I am shocked. I got an email today from BH they sent me another motor. I was really not expecting the fast turn around. Especially after I got cyber lippy with the CS agent Jack.

Daylight99, check your elevator stab, mine was warped and it flexes super easy. I put a carbon rod in mine.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:26 PM
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion View Post
I have to say I am shocked. I got an email today from BH they sent me another motor. I was really not expecting the fast turn around. Especially after I got cyber lippy with the CS agent Jack.

Daylight99, check your elevator stab, mine was warped and it flexes super easy. I put a carbon rod in mine.
It does flex and I also plan on putting in the carbon rod
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:42 PM
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Powered everything up this morning without any problems at all. Motors spin even and smooth, all servos work nicely and retracts work great. One thing I did notice is the Jet age pilot....whats up with that??
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:44 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Quote:
Powered everything up this morning without any problems at all. Motors spin even and smooth, all servos work nicely and retracts work great. One thing I did notice is the Jet age pilot....whats up with that??
He's from the future...And has come back to help right the wrongs from the V1 P-38! I totally left him in for that reason.
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:11 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,633 Posts
stiff stab for P38

I covered the bottom of the stab with 1/2 FG and thinned epoxy.
The rudder and boom contact areas are also wrapped with FG.
Added less than 1/3 oz weight.
JohnAV8R is online now Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
You guys using the supplied control-horns? Looks like you epoxy them on but other than that not alot holding them on.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:37 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R View Post
I covered the bottom of the stab with 1/2 FG and thinned epoxy.
The rudder and boom contact areas are also wrapped with FG.
Added less than 1/3 oz weight.
This is what I did with the booms/rudder joint. Bye Bye problem. Solid as a rock.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is online now Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe