Old Oct 18, 2009, 05:34 PM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,379 Posts
Suggestion
Ridiculous reporting by members has to stop

Hi guys,

I recently created a thread showing all the videos on the net of EDF models powered by the Stumax EDF unit (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?t=1127906). This was on request of many for a single page showing where they could see different models with this EDF unit. I made only one post in the thread and it was reported for "excessive advertising (overcompetition)". Here is Rcgroup's definition of this:

"Vendors may freely respond to any questions that are asked, but are prohibited from heavy participation in competitor's threads and may not seek to detour discussions toward their own products."

Clearly, my thread, or post is not violating this rule, yet I will have to deal with the report as if it will stick and may incur some sort of penalty, simply because another vendor doesn't like me showing this. I would like the admin staff at Rcgroups to have a good look at the rules of reporting, as it has gotten out of hand in the EDF section, where inflated egos seem to rule the day. The EDF section used to be a great place to come and read about the latest project from one of the members, or see what the latest products are, who's using them and what they are like. Now it's just few real aeromodellers with a whole lot of people with an axe to grind who seem to think that their way is the only way and anyone else must be eliminated from the discussion. I hope that something can be done to get things back the way they used to be. Perhaps there should be some rules about reporting, so that if someone feels the need to report a post, they need to stand by that action and take responsibility for it if it turns out the report was unwarranted, unfair or just plain vindictive. How can a potential site sponsor even contemplate sponsoring site which allows childish behaviour to rule one of the premier forums? Thanks very much.

Stu Maxwell.
StumaxAircraft.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2009, 07:50 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,036 Posts
Stu
When users report a post the reported post does not automatically earn point. A moderator will look at the post and determine if it actually breaks a rule. If a user repeatedly reports posts that don't break a rule they can be issued 3 points. I see that you don't have point for that post so a mod determined it did not break a rule.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:17 PM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,379 Posts
Thanks, Jim, it's good to see there is something in place to control the idiots.

Stu.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:56 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,036 Posts
Now the post above could be considered a "group attack".
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator