SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:55 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Discussion
HeliForce IR 3 channel Coax Heli from Walgreen's..$20

I know what your thinking..(POS)..and your wrong These are great little Heli for flying around the house or garage. I thought I would mention them here as they seem to be a very good Heli for $20. They have screws that hold the body together and are designed to come apart for service or repairs. The body on these is actually plastic and Lexan and is different than any other micro Heli I have seem. They are worth a look

these are the smallest coax Heli I have ever seen and it has something in common with the MCX, it has hands off hover capability..not bad for $20

This was my 3rd flight with this thing..has a flight time of 5 minutes.
Micro Coax heli (0 min 28 sec)
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Last edited by modfly; Oct 18, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:26 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,383 Posts
How far wrong can you go, for the price of just a battery? Catch I spoze, is that if you really like it, it wears out, and Walgreen's sells all of their inventory, you can't fix or replace it. (So buy 2, right?)
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:41 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Yea, all things wear out but usually for me I'm tired of them and have already moved on to something else before that happens. These actually seem very durable and have blade grips like a MSR so the Heli does not get trashed from a minor crash. The plastic scale body's on these come apart with screws so that repairs or maintenance can be done. These are unique high quality micro Heli's and are different than anything else I have seen. I know people here think they are little toys or something but I would take a closer look. I have a few Heli's including a 450 T-Rex and these are so much more fun to fly and stress free and if they do crash its not gonna hurt anything as the blades are low mass and the grip design prevents damage...within reason of course. The electronics seem to be high quality to like if you leave the TX in charge mode and the Heli is finished charging, It will shut off regardless of the switch position. Power LED flashes when internal TX batteries are low etc..
Old Oct 18, 2009, 02:20 PM
Wish my coax could autorotate
Riverdale Md.
Joined Aug 2009
819 Posts
Im gonna go look for one today.20 bucks is a bargain.Thanks for the heads up.
airwolf2006 is offline Find More Posts by airwolf2006
Old Oct 18, 2009, 02:54 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,383 Posts
Hah! MCX stock charger will destroy batteries. And it costs, what, 8x more? Who's toying with whom?

Comes right down to it, all helis are toys unless you can A) sit in them and go somewhere, or B) make a living flying them.

Good find. You don't have to be a squillionaire to stuff xmas stockings with MCX, minus the brand name.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 03:52 PM
Riverdale Md.
Joined Aug 2009
819 Posts
Item doesnt come up on walgreens website in my area.Who is the manufacturer?Might just be in your area.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 05:18 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,383 Posts
I ran into the same thing. Besides the walgreen site having embedded scripts my system doesn't recognize, their search box recognizes "micro helicopter" and "remote control helicopter", but comes up with zero results for either.

Of course, by now we're accustomed to websites running either well ahead or well behind of actual inventory. Hell, it took our local Walgreens a month to get the time set right on the storefront sign/clock. The manager knew it was wrong, but he said "it's controlled by corporate".
Last edited by arbilab; Oct 18, 2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 05:24 PM
Riverdale Md.
Joined Aug 2009
819 Posts
Youre probably right.Guess the ole mark 1 eyeball is the only way to be sure!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 07:04 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,383 Posts
Where are you, modfly? City/state/country?

I called Walgreens and they went and looked at the seasonal/gift/toy shelves, no such item. Now if corporate controls the clock in front of the store, don't you figure they also control inventory? IOW, one store can't go out on their own and buy items that corporate isn't buying.

I dunno. I'll keep checking, and go look myself next time I'm out. I'd love to have another fun heli, and $20 is not a budgetbuster, even for me.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 08:04 PM
Riverdale Md.
Joined Aug 2009
819 Posts
I agree.Ill be looking too.I remmeber last year at Xmas CVS had 2or 3 channel RC helis.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:17 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf2006
I agree.Ill be looking too.I remmeber last year at Xmas CVS had 2or 3 channel RC helis.
this was last years model @ WG.. the Air Wolf
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:19 PM
Riverdale Md.
Joined Aug 2009
819 Posts
nice tail!!HehE!!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:20 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
A-Ha HeliForce Micro Helicopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
Where are you, modfly? City/state/country?

I called Walgreens and they went and looked at the seasonal/gift/toy shelves, no such item. Now if corporate controls the clock in front of the store, don't you figure they also control inventory? IOW, one store can't go out on their own and buy items that corporate isn't buying.

I dunno. I'll keep checking, and go look myself next time I'm out. I'd love to have another fun heli, and $20 is not a budgetbuster, even for me.
My Walgreen's is in Barberton Ohio USA.

http://shop.walgreens.com/store/stor...id=prod4928742
Last edited by modfly; Oct 18, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:37 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,383 Posts
Doesn't get much more American than Ohio. I'll keep bugging them.

The link says "online, out of stock" and "in store, find a store near you". I enter my zipcode but nothing happens. Typical internet. Internet will be really flargging boss once they get it working.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:38 PM
Riverdale Md.
Joined Aug 2009
819 Posts
Must be a regional thing because search in my area at same website comes up 0.Maybe comming soon.