SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:32 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Moving an OT discussion here - and maybe reviving this thread?

I got a Craig 13" HDTV yesterday, for FPV.

Dale,

I tried the VTX without antenna - my aiptek groundstation camcorder did the static thing nicely on a partial loss of signal. So I'm thinking I might be able to cable the video signal out of the camera and into the Craig TV, and hopefully it will work, ie give me static on partial signal loss instead of blue screen.

I just have to get the TV-out cable for the aiptek with an RCA connector on the other end, and I should know the answer.

Bob
Sounds good Bob.
I didn't realize you had the Aiptek that records thru static.
Let us know how it works.

Cheers!
Dale
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:00 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex View Post
Sounds good Bob.
I didn't realize you had the Aiptek that records thru static.
Let us know how it works.

Cheers!
Dale
Hi Dale,

I didn't either! Static test worked well with the 13" tv. I'm uploading a video for you now on Vimeo. The Aiptek still worked better, maintaining static after the Craig had gone to BS; so I'm still thinking it may be better to cable video into the Craig from the Aiptek's TV-out port. I just have to find or make the cable.

Thanks for your help! Stay tuned, video is still uploading.

Bob

ok, when the video finishes, it will be here:

Untitled (2 min 29 sec)
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Last edited by Chairwolf; Nov 27, 2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:18 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Hi Dale,

I didn't either! Static test worked well with the 13" tv. I'm uploading a video for you now on Vimeo. The Aiptek still worked better, maintaining static after the Craig had gone to BS; so I'm still thinking it may be better to cable video into the Craig from the Aiptek's TV-out port. I just have to find or make the cable.

Thanks for your help! Stay tuned, video is still uploading.

Bob

ok, when the video finishes, it will be here:

http://vimeo.com/32760439
Yikes! Bob!

You should NEVER power up your video transmitter with the antenna removed!

In my other posts I said to remove the antenna from your Video RECEIVER or Rx. That won't hurt the receiver.

Removing the Transmitter antenna can cause the Tx to overheat and damage it.... worse... with no antenna the RF output power has nowhere to go and all the Tx power that would normally go to the antenna... gets reflected BACK INTO the output stage of the TX. This can seriously damage the output stage of the TX.

Hopefully... the short time you had the TX powered up without the antenna... didn't damage it.

Oh yeah... the TV... that looks not bad... still goes blue sooner than the Aiptek but should be flyable... a real world test will confirm ....

Cheers!
Dale
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:22 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex View Post
Yikes! Bob!

You should NEVER power up your video transmitter with the antenna removed!

In my other posts I said to remove the antenna from your Video RECEIVER or Rx. That won't hurt the receiver.

Removing the Transmitter antenna can cause the Tx to overheat and damage it.... worse... with no antenna the RF output power has nowhere to go and all the Tx power that would normally go to the antenna... gets reflected BACK INTO the output stage of the TX. This can seriously damage the output stage of the TX.

Hopefully... the short time you had the TX powered up without the antenna... didn't damage it.

Oh yeah... the TV... that looks not bad... still goes blue sooner than the Aiptek but should be flyable... a real world test will confirm ....

Cheers!
Dale
Ooops! I guess that big heat sink on there saved my butt. It never even got hot. I'll remember that!

Right now I'm trying to find the dadburn cable online for the aiptek, so I can cable the signal from the VRX to the Aiptek to the TV. If I can do that, then the TV will get its signal from the aiptek, and I should have the best of all worlds, assuming I didn't fry my TX!!! (I don't think I did)!

(edit: looks like I ran the TX that way for about 2 minutes. Hopefully, it's ok.)

Thanks for your help. I'll keep ya posted.

Bob
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
V
USA
Joined Mar 2009
392 Posts
I just bought the VuPoint DVC and here's the difference w/o & w/ VuPoint plugged in
VuPoint seems to zoom in a lot, I tried all the settings under the "Screen settings" but nothing seemed to work
Do you guys have idea what I could to to fix it ?
I already tried all the screen setting and that didn't fix it
Thanks
V is offline Find More Posts by V
Last edited by V; Jan 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Apr 2005
64 Posts
On the barrel 12v plug on these Craig tvs there is a solid black wire and a black wire with white dashes. Which one is positive?

I know the center is positive but the plug is sealed so I can't tell which wire goes to the center.
Thanks
rock11 is offline Find More Posts by rock11
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:21 AM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Use the ohm setting on a multimeter.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:56 PM
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Nov 2007
240 Posts
Blue Screen

How quickly does everyone's blue screen come on? Is it an issue flying? Did some ground tests today and I'm a bit worried.

thanks,
Ken
k5beason is offline Find More Posts by k5beason
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:42 PM
Registered Pilot
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
986 Posts
Weird blanking

I'm having a problem with the Craig 13". It's not a blue screen problem, rather it suddenly starts to display what looks like digital scramble, mostly blank white. Hard to describe, but it's like the logic board is messing up or something. I had to use my backup Japan FPV screen to fly the plane.

It has done this to me a few times now. Once, the video was restored to normal within a few seconds. Other times I have had to cycle the screen's power to get it back. I'm just using an RCA input signal and it's connected to a 3S LiPo in parallel with other ground station components. Do I have a defective screen?
bmschulman is offline Find More Posts by bmschulman
RCG Plus Member