Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:57 PM
Joined Jun 2010
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
Thanks for the ideas' cliffkot

Can you attach a photo?
I guess L-brackets are the best ones?
Can't do photo. I'm not using L brackets, just flat plates.
cliffkot is offline Find More Posts by cliffkot
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:53 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,755 Posts
My mobile base station still under construction.

I building a "cockpit" in the passenger side. I have some Saitek X52 flight controls with rudder peddles Id like to set up on my laptop. I can also set up my gear in the back and sit anywhere around the vehicle with my goggles.

I plan to build a tracker for my antenna mastusing my Eagle Tree tracking/telemetry that i can also use to transmit telecomand as well as recieve video.

I'm building a charging station in the rear on a bank of batteries and I plan to charge them with some solar cells

That IS a double "limo" tent on my truck. The back glass is all at 2.5% penetration and the front windows are 20%.

I also just bought some Goodyear "Duratracks" for the base station so I can find new places to explore!!!

Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Last edited by Wizzard033; Jul 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 07:38 AM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2005
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Hey fellas'.
I just wanted to know or get some ideas' on how you guys are mounting your LCD (7"-10") monitors in your suitcases?

Glue? screws? dual Lock velcro?

I want to put my newly acquired Haier 10" LCD onto my suitcase.

Got any ideas'?
This is how I mounted my 10" Haier in my HF case. I installed a finished wooden plate monted on spacers in the top of the case. spacers are glued to the plate and screwed to the case by screws on the ends of the case. I made a bracket the same size and shape of the one on the Haier stand and inset in in the case so its slightly below the level of the wooden plate. I made the cut out in the plate tall enough to allow the monitor to fit in above the bracket and slide down on the bracket. There ya go ...easy on ..easy off
Chukmil is offline Find More Posts by Chukmil
Last edited by Chukmil; Jul 30, 2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 07:33 PM
KK4CCD
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Apr 2011
105 Posts
Are you guys leaving the battery in for your monitor or just powering it with 12v?

Mine is going behind a panel and the problem is that you have to leave the on switch to ON which the battery will run down because of the LED.

Is it safe to just power with 12V and take the bat out. Don't want the 12V battery attempting to charge the monitor battery when I power up.

R/Avi
avi8tor0 is offline Find More Posts by avi8tor0
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:20 PM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2005
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tor0 View Post
Are you guys leaving the battery in for your monitor or just powering it with 12v?

Mine is going behind a panel and the problem is that you have to leave the on switch to ON which the battery will run down because of the LED.

Is it safe to just power with 12V and take the bat out. Don't want the 12V battery attempting to charge the monitor battery when I power up.

R/Avi
Put a switch between the 12v and the monitor
Chukmil is offline Find More Posts by Chukmil
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:29 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukmil View Post
10" Haier
I'd like to have one of those. Does it not have the "Blue screen" issue?
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:40 AM
Joined Jun 2009
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard033 View Post
I'd like to have one of those. Does it not have the "Blue screen" issue?
No blue screen but blue "no signal" label..
Haier 10" vs. Noname 8" (1 min 19 sec)
Trnquill is offline Find More Posts by Trnquill
Old Jul 31, 2011, 08:04 AM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,218 Posts
avi8tor0
[I]Are you guys leaving the battery in for your monitor or just powering it with 12v?

I also wanted to know the answer to this? I want to take out the original 3000mah battery that came with the 10" monitor..... and I just want to power the 10" monitor
with a 3s Lipo via 12v input/1.3mmbarrel plug.

Has anyone taken out the original 3000mah battery in the Haier 10" monitor and just use a 3s Lipo via 12v input/1.3mmbarrel plug?
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:42 AM
Joined Jun 2010
706 Posts
Quote:
avi8tor0
[I]Are you guys leaving the battery in for your monitor or just powering it with 12v?

I also wanted to know the answer to this? I want to take out the original 3000mah battery that came with the 10" monitor..... and I just want to power the 10" monitor
with a 3s Lipo via 12v input/1.3mmbarrel plug.

Has anyone taken out the original 3000mah battery in the Haier 10" monitor and just use a 3s Lipo via 12v input/1.3mmbarrel plug?
If your Haier has the 12 wallwart /charger/pwr supply like my Viorie, you don't need to take out the battery. Just leave it in and power your whole kit with a 12 volt lead acid cell.

Also, I always try to have my monitor charged up using the wall supply before I go out so as to lower the load on the rest of the system.
cliffkot is offline Find More Posts by cliffkot
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:41 AM
Joined Jun 2009
226 Posts
Mine works like a charm without the internal battery. Input jack says 9V but deconstructing the car adapter revealed it has no regulators or such inside thus providing the screen anything between 11 and 13.8V depending if your car has flat battory or is running etc. In addition my screen has a label that says "Ensure max. voltage of 12V when using the internal battery" (or something like that) so I think it's even better to take the internal battery out when running from a 3S (12.4V) LiPo.

Check the wiring of the car adapter lead if you end up using that in your ground station. Mine had negative wire marked with white stripe. Usually the positive lead is marked, not the negative.
Trnquill is offline Find More Posts by Trnquill
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:53 AM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffkot View Post
If your Haier has the 12 wallwart /charger/pwr supply like my Viorie, you don't need to take out the battery. Just leave it in and power your whole kit with a 12 volt lead acid cell.

Also, I always try to have my monitor charged up using the wall supply before I go out so as to lower the load on the rest of the system.
I keep TV battery in and I have a jack outside to charge it or power it whenever I need.
Original battery is good at least for 2 hrs +
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Jul 31, 2011, 08:22 PM
2^p - 1
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Feb 2003
1,327 Posts
And now for something different

A low tech solution to a high tech problem I only have to plug in the battery and the goggles and I'm ready to go.
signflyer is offline Find More Posts by signflyer
Old Aug 01, 2011, 03:23 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
I keep TV battery in and I have a jack outside to charge it or power it whenever I need.
Original battery is good at least for 2 hrs +
I see your using cat5 cables too where did you get the connectors and how did you hook them up do you have a diagram or pics?

Thanks
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
Old Aug 01, 2011, 04:41 PM
Bugs!!!!!!!
USA, OK, Wayne
Joined Sep 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog1 View Post
oh i like that where did you get the connectors for the cat5 to RCA ? also how do you like your JetView recorder any issues ?
Stole the CAT5 connector from an old router I had collecting dust. Jetview recorder seems to be working well, haven't really had the time for a lot of flights though.
viper6549 is offline Find More Posts by viper6549