SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 14, 2011, 12:23 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2010
1,206 Posts
I just had a peek inside my RC305 receiver from HK and I see a 7805 regulator, which means the module runs on 5 volts.
Maybe the HK version is different from the Range video?
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2011, 01:53 PM
Kiwi in Germany
whakahere's Avatar
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
I just had a peek inside my RC305 receiver from HK and I see a 7805 regulator, which means the module runs on 5 volts.
Maybe the HK version is different from the Range video?
yes it is. they run on different frequencies.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 12:45 AM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
I'm not finished with it yet.

I still need to cut in a slot for a tracking antenna, when it's finished.

& I'll probably carry my transmitter in this case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPzQLf6els
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 02:49 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
972 Posts
That thing is huge!!.
How and with what are you going to carry that to your field?.
Maybe add a pair of wheels on one side and a handle at the other so to make transport easy.
Teo
teopbako is online now Find More Posts by teopbako
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 11:01 AM
Registered User
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I'm not finished with it yet.

I still need to cut in a slot for a tracking antenna, when it's finished.

& I'll probably carry my transmitter in this case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPzQLf6els
Hey Mike, thats real nice, I like it!

cheers
Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 12:14 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
That thing is huge!!.
How and with what are you going to carry that to your field?.
Maybe add a pair of wheels on one side and a handle at the other so to make transport easy.
Teo
You're right, it is big, but it's a solution to a problem...

I don't think it'll fit in the trunk of a car, but i'm sure my truck won't have much of a problem...



Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Hey Mike, thats real nice, I like it!

cheers
Geoff
Thank you Geoff,
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 08:28 PM
Registered User
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
You're right, it is big, but it's a solution to a problem...

I don't think it'll fit in the trunk of a car, but i'm sure my truck won't have much of a problem...





Thank you Geoff,
Somehow I just new that would be your sort of vehicle used for FPV toting.

I wish I had one, I squeeze everything into the back of a Toyota RAV4 including 2.4m Cularis.

Nice mountain background too.



Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 09:26 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Somehow I just new that would be your sort of vehicle used for FPV toting.

I wish I had one, I squeeze everything into the back of a Toyota RAV4 including 2.4m Cularis.

Nice mountain background too.



Geoff
I've got plans for those mountians, as soon as the weather clears up



Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 09:39 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I've got plans for those mountians, as soon as the weather clears up



Mike
I was hoping you would.
I stayed out there when I worked at Thiokol.
We drove a rental car up to Willards Peak and watched planes fly below us.
scrape is offline Find More Posts by scrape
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 09:54 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrape View Post
I was hoping you would.
I stayed out there when I worked at Thiokol.
We drove a rental car up to Willards Peak and watched planes fly below us.
Scrape,

I took some pictures up there last summer, but I can't seem to find them.

If you're not from an area where there are mountains; It can be a little overwhealming.

I stopped to get a drink from a spring while I was up there, and the water was soooooo cold, that I bet a guy I was with, that he couldn't hold his hand under it for 30 seconds. He made it to 17
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 10:29 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,669 Posts
That's one scary road, reminds me of Ice Road Truckers Deadliest Roads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_JLtET19vs
scrape is offline Find More Posts by scrape
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 08:53 PM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
HOLY S>>>>>
On a better note, someone asked me while ago about volt meter (display) for GS.
They are back in stock :-))
http://www.amazon.com/XScorpion-Red-.../dp/B001RS1ERC

http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/XScor...tor-11p119.htm
better price here
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2011, 09:04 PM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Just threw this one together quick like, I originally had the monitor down near the bottom, then when I added the 2nd rx and the Eagle Eyes I decided to move it to the top. I found that while flying FPV I was often glancing down at the screen and then up at the plane, so I thought that if I have the monitor up higher it will be easier to switch between looking at the two. I also thought it might help with the daylight glare being that it's aimed at a down angle.

I also have a cardboard hood for it, not shown here.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 09:33 AM
Registered User
Schweiz, BE, Neuenegg
Joined Apr 2011
85 Posts
my mobile groundstation

Motor Scorpion SII2212-885KV
ESC ePower 18A Regler für 2-3S LiPos mit 2A L-BEC
Servo MKS-Servo-DS470
Battery ePower EXP eco-20C 2200mAh 3S1P 11.1V
RX Futaba Empfänger R617FS 2.4GHz FASST 7 Kanal
CPU KKmulticontroller SMD v5.5 Blackboard
Propeller GWS 9x4.7" SF
Chassis 1mm CFK
Tubes 11x10mm Länge 280mm
Weight ∼700g
Max Thrust ∼1800g
Endurance 13:30min (Schweben 15min)
Spez. Efficency 12.57mA/g (9x4.7“)

FPV
Camera GoPro Hero HD mit LVF
A/V Tx ImmersionsRc 5.8GHz 600mW (200mA)
Weight ∼900g
Endurance ∼10:30min (Schweben 11:30min)


Ground Station

Battery Zippy 2200mAh 20C 3S1P 11.1V
Battery 9v block
A/V Rx Airwave 5.8GHz A/V Receiver (210mA)
Monitor Fat Shark Base RCV922 Goggles (230mA)
Endurance ∼5h
Mechnan is offline Find More Posts by Mechnan
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 09:37 AM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,631 Posts
Where did you get the TX case?

That really looked like a nice, clean setup!
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Show us your FPV / RVP ground Base set up in action Trackercal FPV Talk 94 Nov 05, 2010 10:21 AM
Discussion Show Us Your FPV Helo Set Up Trackercal FPV Talk 2 May 11, 2009 11:05 PM
Gallery Show us your Ground equipment setup a9amg FPV Talk 2 Dec 03, 2008 02:47 PM
go on show us your avatars mudlark Life, The Universe, and Politics 105 Dec 19, 2007 07:23 PM
Show us your choppers! sneu Electric Heli Talk 23 Dec 30, 2001 10:50 AM