Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:20 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
you shoud post your antenna set up
so i can give my opinion on how to position correctly the two antennas if you use diversity

you got a measuring tape to do it correctly?

or do you do it like many others and just put them anywhere you think is correct without actual measuring

my guess is you should not still be so rude and actually learn like scrape
who probabley has no idea about this stuff but just cheezy comments as usual
I could really crush you right now on many levels (other than FPV) and teach you a thing or 2 about rudeness - LOL. But what would be the point? To do that would mean that I care --- I just looked in the mirror at my eyes and I couldn't see any bit of care or concern in either one of them.

I've apologized to you for hurting your feelings about your ugly ground station. That's the beauty of my opinion...

1) it doesn't matter (bc your GS obviously works) and
2) there is nothing that you can do to change it

If you really wanna rub it in my face and do something that works, put some stickers on your GS that says "Ugly Ground Station" video it - and then fly 15km out and back with it, make a thread and dedicate it to me. LOL. You know that I'd say --- I'd say "MAN THAT UGLY GROUND STATION GETS THE JOB DONE!!!! SUPERB JOB DAVID!!! ROCK ON!!!!" But what's NOT gonna work is continuing to elevate this conversation after I've already bowed out and apologized... Yet I'M rude?? Cute. I'm not star-struck by you @ all EXCEPT for here in this medium. I applaud your FPV accomplishments - I could only WISH to go 1/4 of your max range w/ good video and control... but it stops there. That's a much different view that I have of some1 like WORKSHOP where I say "that is just a nice guy OUTSIDE of FPV... if I was in Cali I'd like to hang out one weekend with him, leave the FPV rigs at home and go fishing" LOL. So congratulations on being 1 dimensional. But again --- that is yet ANOTHER opinion of mine that means 0. So other than FPV that you are not a role model - ESPECIALLY when you want to talk about being rude. Me hijacking a thread w/ a silly joke is no worse than you derailing MANY threads NOT related to long-range patting yourself on the back about long-range... or telling people to not listen to a PROVEN electrical engineer who's designed a lot of the hardware that people use.

AGAIN. I apologize for hurting your feelings or offending you. I APOLOGIZE. I won't say it again. This is the part where you say "thanks for being a man and apologizing in public --- apology is (or is not) accepted." Or you can say something else entirely. I've went out of my way extending an olive branch - that's as far as I'll go. Now that I've put that on your plate --- it's up to you if you eat it or not.

Sentry
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Last edited by SENTRY 62; Jan 23, 2011 at 11:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:34 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,468 Posts
delete
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Last edited by David22; Jan 24, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:45 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Is this for real?
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Jan 24, 2011, 01:49 AM
Luxembourg
Joined May 2009
780 Posts
Juste 2 pics to share my Ghetto Station maybe it will give some ideas...

Hint: do NOT use paper to block sprayed paint, use cardboard.....

Hardware:

1 Motorbike SLA 7Ah battery SLA Sealed Lead Acid Battery 12V 7Ah UPS Backup power en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 18-févr.-11 05:30:22 Paris)

- Trimersion Goggles

- lawmate Rx

- multiple Onvon video outputs

- Multiple Audio outputs soldered together

- Archos 605

- 2 old ESC to give 5V to the trimersion and to the archos (needs power so 1 ESC was not enough)

- 1 Main Switch

- 2 Hobbyking Lipo Alarms
iacei is offline Find More Posts by iacei
Old Jan 24, 2011, 05:07 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,580 Posts
@David22
You really need to read between the lines what SENTRY 62 is writing. He uses irony and sarcasm and I find his posts funny to read. A general tip is not to take everything so serious. Sentry told me he hated my GS, but I know he loves it and would gladly trade his fastest car for it and more... but I'm a bimmer-man myself.

Myself, I think that all small portable GS I've seen are ugly. On the other hand ugly vs pretty has nothing to do with function, nothing what so ever. On a side note I also personally hate the looks of yagi antennas. But that has nothing to do with their effectiveness.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Jan 24, 2011, 05:25 AM
FPV is my cup of tea
Sweden
Joined Mar 2010
131 Posts
I never intend to hurt anyone.
If you David feel that my joke was bad, I appologize.
I'm a geek, and I like your Yagi-hat!
Maybe it's because I spend too much time on this forum, that I feel the urge to lighten up the seriousness. Or I'm just a bit retarded
blupp is offline Find More Posts by blupp
Last edited by blupp; Jan 24, 2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: semantics
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Ugly is beautiful. Here's mine. And this is an OLD photo. Now it has a handmade antenna on top along with two receivers and an EE velcroed on the side. It's cheap and it works. Maybe we need thread for UGLY ground stations.
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Jan 24, 2011, 04:59 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
I've went out of my way extending an olive branch - that's as far as I'll go. Now that I've put that on your plate --- it's up to you if you eat it or not.

Sentry
Dude, save the trees (breath) :-), now you in trouble again, you want someone eat the branch? No Olives ?!!!

LMAO
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:50 PM
Joined Apr 2008
18,468 Posts
Here is an addition to my car ground station.
It is a 12 volt TV that runs from my car battery and also an audio plug in so I can hear the sound of the plane through my car speakers.

The weight of the TV and some Velcro makes it secure.

I will use both the goggles and the TV depending on my mood.

The front of the cars windshield will be covered in the stuff to prevent frost or sun to enter the car. Windshield wipers will hold that down.

some sort of light blocker like a walmart cheap retractable blind will be used for the passengers window and maybe the drivers window.

all antennas are sticking out the sun roof, up on a mast. The mast can turn 360 degrees and also change angles, so i can manually aim the antennas as I fly

getting volts from the glove box is a great thing, as I drive I can charge batteries
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:55 PM
Thou who know not
USA, MI, Mason
Joined Jul 2010
937 Posts
Right on the glovebox, I like that.
I hang mine from the grab bar in my pickup. I brought in two direct battery taps to power everything as well. This summer i'll rotate out my old primary battery and put it behind an isolator and use it only for FPV.
Po73 is offline Find More Posts by Po73
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:00 PM
Joined Apr 2008
18,468 Posts
ya the weight of the tv does all the work to keep it steady

Thanks for the link and suggestion about this tv BTW Po73

this is a cool tv
m190mv
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:45 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
How do you drive that car? there's no steering wheel or pedals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Here is an addition to my car ground station.
It is a 12 volt TV that runs from my car battery and also an audio plug in so I can hear the sound of the plane through my car speakers.

The weight of the TV and some Velcro makes it secure.

I will use both the goggles and the TV depending on my mood.

The front of the cars windshield will be covered in the stuff to prevent frost or sun to enter the car. Windshield wipers will hold that down.

some sort of light blocker like a walmart cheap retractable blind will be used for the passengers window and maybe the drivers window.

all antennas are sticking out the sun roof, up on a mast. The mast can turn 360 degrees and also change angles, so i can manually aim the antennas as I fly

getting volts from the glove box is a great thing, as I drive I can charge batteries
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Jan 31, 2011, 01:15 AM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,738 Posts
My humble mobile ground station.

Sorry for the poor quality pic but I thought I'd get a pic before I tested my ground station with the laptop my GF gave me for Xmas. I also, just these past couple of weeks, made some mods to my AX10 Scorpion so it's now my latest FPV project. I recorded some videos and I will post up some links as soon as I can get them loaded to youtube and I will post some better pics as soon as I can as well.

Pic 1 is the Mobile FPV grounstation coming to many new locations soon!

Pic 2 is the business end, it's not very tidy and a poor pic at that but both will change soo as I plan to integrate everything into the rear of my truck so I can go to interesting locations and fly/drive FPV.

The third pic is my "Mini Me" ROV Blazer project.able to operate FPV in all weather and up to 7" deep water

Lastly is my Tiger I battletank with an airsoft cannon and DBCRC2 laser system and 100mw 900mhz VTx
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Last edited by Wizzard033; Jan 31, 2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 07:46 AM
Joined Nov 2008
7 Posts
My new GS

Hi.

Following some pics of my GroundStation.

2x5000mAh 3s lipo for main power
on/off switches (with leds) for the single components
5v/3A bec for the DVR 250HD
Hobbyking power panel display
LCD additional voltmeter (big numbers to see it better!!)
13" LCD tv/monitor 4:3 800x600
EagleTree Diversity/4 ch. Video Splitter
2 Video Receiver (for testing and setup purposes only)
2 video receiver mounted back-to-back to the antennas (one standard patch and one tuned patch)
Thomas Scherrer LRS mounted on back (carbon fibre diy support)
Fat Shark FPV goggles

Ciao

Alberto

Name: gs 4.jpg
Views: 1048
Size: 96.8 KB
Description: Name: GS.jpg
Views: 739
Size: 65.7 KB
Description: Ready for transport!!!

Name: GS 2.jpg
Views: 788