937 Posts
No need for full hd yet
timtimtim is offline Find More Posts by timtimtim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:35 PM
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
Just getting into fpv here is my rough first attempt at a charging/fpv station.
muhkaydenz is offline Find More Posts by muhkaydenz
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:02 PM
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
No need for full hd yet
unfortunately not...it would be great!
Maarten112 is offline Find More Posts by Maarten112
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:04 PM
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhkaydenz View Post
Just getting into fpv here is my rough first attempt at a charging/fpv station.
The picture is a bit small, but it looks like a pc plug to me (the plug that goes to the power supply), or a old printer plug.
Maarten112 is offline Find More Posts by Maarten112
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarten112 View Post
unfortunately not...it would be great!
yes indeed
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:57 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Diversity receiver antenna mast.

For when I am flying while viewing the monitor instead of the goggles, but still want the extra vRx in the goggles. The top of the mast has the tracking unit with the uni-directional antenna, and the goggles have the omni-directional antenna, both hardwired to the main ground station Eagle Eyes and power supply.

wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:14 PM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
I would like to see some wiring and how do you guys mount the panels? glue them in place?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:31 PM
United States, CA, Marin County
Joined Apr 2009
805 Posts
Guys, I'm starting from scratch next week as I had to sell off all my FPV equipment when I moved overseas last year. I want to keep my new setup very simple and mobile. The first thing I need to figure out is a way to mount a ground station box on a tripod. I've never had much luck doing that in the past. The two times I've tried to mount a GS box on a tripod, it feels flimsy. Can someone with a solid and stable tripod setup explain what you used to accomplish this?

Thanks,

TL
wtl0715 is offline Find More Posts by wtl0715
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:59 PM
Aerial Operator
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2012
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtl0715 View Post
Guys, I'm starting from scratch next week as I had to sell off all my FPV equipment when I moved overseas last year. I want to keep my new setup very simple and mobile. The first thing I need to figure out is a way to mount a ground station box on a tripod. I've never had much luck doing that in the past. The two times I've tried to mount a GS box on a tripod, it feels flimsy. Can someone with a solid and stable tripod setup explain what you used to accomplish this?

Thanks,

TL
You could try something like this, i'm sure that you could find it for cheaper.

http://www.celestron.com/astronomy/c...-cpc-1100.html
swartzracing is offline Find More Posts by swartzracing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drone Cowboys
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:15 AM
United States, CA, Marin County
Joined Apr 2009
805 Posts
Thanks Swartz. That looks perfect, but I'm afraid it might be a bit cumbersome for me as I have a long walk to the flying field.

I wonder if anyone is familiar with some sort of universal adapter that allows you to attach anything to a tripod. In the past, I've used the adapter that came with the tripod, and it was just too small to support the weight and dimensions of my GS case. How do you guys mount things to camera tripods?
wtl0715 is offline Find More Posts by wtl0715
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:39 AM
Australia, SA
Joined Apr 2011
9 Posts
Progress so far...

Hey Guys,
This is my progress so far...

A brief description of the photos are:

1. Once you open the case you see the screen and the equipment cover
2. Remove the equipment cover, you have access to the Netbook, Telemetery transceiver (bottom middle grey box) & Video Receiver (bottom right grey box)
3. Remove netbook and you have cable storage (as telemetery & video rx are tripod mounted)
4. Equipment cover replaced giving area for Netbook to be setup
5 & 6. Close up of Video Rx that is powered locally (on the tripod) by a 3S Lipo.

Any comments or questions?

Im still looking at power switching etc. The only real thing I have is the display which has its own power switch so Im not exactly sure what Im going to include.

Thanks
Adrian
Virgin_Blue is offline Find More Posts by Virgin_Blue
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:18 PM
United States, VT
Joined Apr 2012
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post

Wine box for JapanDVR, Pyle splitter, .
Looking at getting this Pyle splitter from Amazon. Looks like the same one as from RMRC.

Question: How do you use the existing cable to connect this to a 3S lipo? What connector do I need to buy? Then is it just a matter of soldering the connector onto the cable that comes with the Pyle splitter?

Thanks in advance!
2MacGyver is offline Find More Posts by 2MacGyver
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:36 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MacGyver View Post
Looking at getting this Pyle splitter from Amazon. Looks like the same one as from RMRC.

Question: How do you use the existing cable to connect this to a 3S lipo? What connector do I need to buy? Then is it just a matter of soldering the connector onto the cable that comes with the Pyle splitter?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Macgyver,

I bought mine from RMRC because I wasn't sure if the one from Amazon came with the power cable. I would guess it does..... but, to be certain the cable would be included, I paid the extra from RMRC . All I had to do was solder on my Deans plug. The power cable plugs into the splitter. ( I'm not sure what kind of plastic plug it is.)
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:55 PM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
United States, IL, Swansea
Joined Jan 2010
288 Posts
Dual Post for some reason
kc10kevin is offline Find More Posts by kc10kevin
Last edited by kc10kevin; Jan 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Dual Post
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:58 PM
United States, NJ, Ocean
Joined Aug 2011
91 Posts
Ok so all my ground station stuff plus my van was totaled in the hurricane ! Now I'm going to set up a small compact set-up . Please some one tell me if this is ok to have the receivers opened up like this ? There are two 1280 receivers with a eagle tree for diversity . Also in the pic I will not be using those antennas of course ! Not sure if there will be radio noise causing interference ?.. Please let me know
Rrated is offline Find More Posts by Rrated