Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:18 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,097 Posts
In side my FPV case/groundstation I will only have a MAX hight of 13"

How about this...http://www.supersonicinc.com/LED_Tel...ctID/3,3890946
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Last edited by crash74; Jan 08, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:47 AM
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
Nice setup! is it THIS monitor? any blue screen?

And how do you guys connect your goggles to the groundstation?
Hi,

You're totally right. It is the 7" TFT LCD Color Car Rearview monitor from tomtop.wholesaler (ebay). The screen will give a blue screen when the signal gets bad, but:
- It will only give a blue screen far after there's so much noise in the video signal that you are already unable to see anything...
- As soon as the signal get's a little better the LCD will show the image again, in just a few miliseconds.

In my opinion it's really great bang for bucks and usable for FPV. I paid about EURO 24 including shipping to The Netherlands!

In my case I have a video booster (10 USD on ebay), 1 video in to 4 video out. 1 video out goes to my LCD screen, the other 3 video out go to the tulip panel plugs. You can easily plug you goggles in the groundstation, as well as 2 other items, e.g. a laptop for recording, or your buddy with his own glasses etc.

The 2 USB ports provide a constant 5V, so you are able to charge your video goggles while flying, or charge anything else with usb. I charge my Walkera QR Ladybird with it while in the field
Maarten112 is offline Find More Posts by Maarten112
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:35 AM
Australia, SA
Joined Apr 2011
9 Posts
Balance Problem

Hey Everyone...
Ive been reading through this thread with loads of interest.

I'm just working on my new FPV Ground station for my new Quadcopter..
From some of the stuff Ive seen, I may be FPVing one or more of my aircraft too...

Anyway, the ground stations I've seen so far look great!
Some very functional.. other very SciFi...

I have one problem that I'm trying to solve...

I have a "lid mounted 16" TV" that is causing the case to fall backwards when it is opened.

So far, I dont have much planned for the base.. I'm not sure if I am going to be running an internal battery (either LiFePo4 or SLA [for the weight]) which may balance the case... or what? I am thinking of mounting the 5.8Ghz receiver on a tripod so I can have it in a good open location (as the ground station may be used within a vehicle on occasion).

I will try and get a couple of photos posted...

Just as a bit of information, the TV is mounted on a MDF backplate which attaches it into the lid.. Im not sure if this is the cause of the overbalancing as the TV seemed to be reasonably light.

Is this a common issue and how have people solved it?

Thanks
Adrian
Virgin_Blue is offline Find More Posts by Virgin_Blue
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wokingham
Joined Sep 2011
311 Posts
I had the same problem with my larger GCS.. I fixed the screen directly to the case top and used a strap to stop it from opening all the way up, which gave it just enough CoG to stand up
DaveyLC is offline Find More Posts by DaveyLC
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:53 PM
France, IdF, Châtenay-Malabry
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
and sooo sexy...
Thanks! Nice shirt, isn't it?
glambert is offline Find More Posts by glambert
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:04 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,097 Posts
It takes a real man to wear pink! Besides a FPV'er can't look anything but sexy with all that gear on their head.
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:08 PM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarten112 View Post
Hi,

You're totally right. It is the 7" TFT LCD Color Car Rearview monitor from tomtop.wholesaler (ebay). The screen will give a blue screen when the signal gets bad, but:
- It will only give a blue screen far after there's so much noise in the video signal that you are already unable to see anything...
- As soon as the signal get's a little better the LCD will show the image again, in just a few miliseconds.

In my opinion it's really great bang for bucks and usable for FPV. I paid about EURO 24 including shipping to The Netherlands!

In my case I have a video booster (10 USD on ebay), 1 video in to 4 video out. 1 video out goes to my LCD screen, the other 3 video out go to the tulip panel plugs. You can easily plug you goggles in the groundstation, as well as 2 other items, e.g. a laptop for recording, or your buddy with his own glasses etc.

The 2 USB ports provide a constant 5V, so you are able to charge your video goggles while flying, or charge anything else with usb. I charge my Walkera QR Ladybird with it while in the field

Thank you for answer! I really appreciate it! What material do you guys using for the framework? And Do you have any pics for the wiring or the inside?
timtimtim is offline Find More Posts by timtimtim
Last edited by timtimtim; Jan 10, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:53 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,803 Posts
My Quick Portable GroundStation using RMRC 8" bright monitor and Futaba 9c with DragonLink UHF.

rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Last edited by rclab1; Feb 25, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:24 PM
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
Thank you for answer! I really appreciate it! What material do you guys using for the framework? And Do you have any pics for the wiring or the inside?
I used aluminum L profiles and pop rivetted them in the case, the plywood panel (covered with carbon fiber vinyl) is resting on the l profile and locked in place by the foam from the case. I can lift the panel up by pulling a string. Under the panel I have three departments, of wich I can use two for storage (e.g., video receiver, wires, extra Lipo's, etc.) I will make some detailed pictures upcoming monday from the wiring and the panel.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
My Quick Portable GroundStation using RMRC 8" bright monitor and Futaba 9c with DragonLink UHF.

Nice! That sunblocker looks great! Did you make one yourself or bought it somewhere?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:44 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,803 Posts
Sunblocker came with the RMRC 8" monitor:-)
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:46 PM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L14m View Post
Here's 3d textured carbon vinyl

I went with the gloss in the end for my final design along with a couple of other mods. 2.5 dc jack and a 4 pin dc din these are for charging and balance charging. Also there's a single USB port for linking dvr to my laptop.
I also have another cool mod coming in the post this week so watch this space ........
Regards Liam
How have you mounted the panel? i cant see any screews
timtimtim is offline Find More Posts by timtimtim
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:12 PM
Joined Oct 2012
38 Posts
Anyone care to share their wiring diagrams? I see some crazy setups and would like some wiring idea's for a cleaner install. Thanks.
Captain50 is offline Find More Posts by Captain50
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:39 AM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post

Very nice. It's a bummer about how you had to extend the antenna like that, presumably to clear the TV. I wonder if there's a better way to do that.

Where did you get that mounting hardware, or did you make it yourself?
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:56 AM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,803 Posts
Chris,the DL Tx antenna is not 'extended', that "Blue" thing under the DL Tx antenna is a "Ibcrazy" rf blocker. (it shields the DL Tx from 1.2ghz Video interference). I got it at RMRC, and www.sieraRC.com has it too!

The Monitor holder is from BEVRC.com (only $12.00).....