|May 12, 2012, 05:40 PM|
First of all you can view the whole project with step by step build photos here:
I use MyFlyDream AAT unit with patch antenna leads S-video cable to ground station. Today I finished my proper ground station.
In my box:
* 9" TFT screen - own lipo supply, multiple S-video, AV and other lead types for patching.
* USB, headphone, antenna jacks built into case top
* Futaba 6EX transmitter
* FatShark video goggles (under transmitter)
* Balance charger, charge leads and car hook-up
* Lipo packs for all my models I can carry in bottom isolated compartment.
* Nano FPV pod (white box bottom area - top right)
* Lipo checker, ESC program board, servo tester
* Tampon case (yes you heard me!) keeps my Cloverleaf nice and safe
* Spare 5.8Ghz VRX with spare power lead.
* Various tools, elastic bands, prop saves, props, magic tape, regular tape and other stuff.
All I have to do is go to the field, open tripod > put tracker on > connect S-video cable > Fly
|May 13, 2012, 10:27 PM|
So with a hexacopter waiting to be build, a DJI WKM ready to be installed on my Y-6 and 2 switches needing to be replaced on my DX8 (I freaking dropped it on the carpet )
This weekend I got some good progress done on my Ground Station
The face plate is almost done:
Still needed to be completed:
Bulk Head RCA plugs for 2x Fatshark Goggles and Aux out for unknown stuff
I completely forgot about them and never ordered them.
On the back I will need to gorilla glue some standoffs and using light ply I will be building some shelves to hold all the wiring harness, fuse, video switch and the rest of the gear!
today i spent some time with my drill press, dremel tool and scroll saw
|May 14, 2012, 06:44 PM|
Joined Sep 2006
called horizon, they wouldn't sell me a switch so i stole one from a crappy parkzone radio...
what im getting at is fix it yourself... the one i broke was a 2 wire one real easy..
|May 14, 2012, 08:54 PM|
Joined Nov 2005
|May 14, 2012, 09:02 PM|
have yet to fly her and i know its low budget looking but its a start....
oh and the dx4e is not the flying tx its a stand in as my other is out for repairs....
|May 14, 2012, 09:04 PM|
Joined Nov 2005
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion Show us your FPV / RVP ground Base set up in action||Trackercal||FPV Talk||94||Nov 05, 2010 11:21 AM|
|Discussion Show Us Your FPV Helo Set Up||Trackercal||FPV Talk||2||May 12, 2009 12:05 AM|
|Gallery Show us your Ground equipment setup||a9amg||FPV Talk||2||Dec 03, 2008 03:47 PM|
|go on show us your avatars||mudlark||Life, The Universe, and Politics||105||Dec 19, 2007 08:23 PM|
|Show us your choppers!||sneu||Electric Heli Talk||23||Dec 30, 2001 11:50 AM|