Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,101 Posts
Discussion
What rubber band and where do you get?

Hi All

What rubber band is being used by most for single pull rubber band spring? How far is the band stretched from the control horn for correct tention? And most of all where do you buy them?

Maurice
mpodder is offline Find More Posts by mpodder
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:24 PM
Be afraid!
Milano
Joined Dec 2003
458 Posts
Carp fishing rubber "band" should be used. Other keyword is "robuasienne" a kind of fishing pole.
Try at your local fishing shop.

Best regards,

Cuddles
Cuddles is offline Find More Posts by Cuddles
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:28 PM
Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2006
197 Posts
I Like it
Douglas Tarr is offline Find More Posts by Douglas Tarr
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:23 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,196 Posts
Your Avatar

Cuddles,
I like your Avatar, remindes me of my Microwave Technology class at Southern Tech. It was the most boring class I have ever taken. During a lecture in the lab, I was sooo bored I was dropping an opened up bobby pin from about 10 inches heading toward a 110v vertical elecrical outlet. After many drops I finally, much to everyone's supprise managed to hit the outlet just right. ZAP! out went the lights and everyone was looking around to see what had happend, including me and the associate professor, I was quick to be as dumbfounded as everyone else. I hate to admit it ,but that was the one and only college course in which I ever cheated. An truly I and everyone else felt justified, as no one including the associate professor, students or adminstration gave a rat's ass about that course. Confession is good for the soul, or whatever.
Sorry, I don't know squat about rubber bands, but think I would go for the more durable torsion type spring.

walt
ROOSWH is offline Find More Posts by ROOSWH
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:06 PM
Be afraid!
Milano
Joined Dec 2003
458 Posts

Walt, my avatar is Cuddles from Happy Tree Friends:
Happy Tree Friends - I Get a Trick Out of You (Ep #39) (3 min 12 sec)

Torsion springs are a pain in the ass to set, can break at the angles, aren't adjustable , can dig a nasty hole and so on!
That kind of rubber band called "Roubasienne pure latex" is really bulletproof, is used in carp fishing:
http://www.talkangling.co.uk/Diary%20Giles%209.htm
Cuddles is offline Find More Posts by Cuddles
Closed Thread