HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:44 PM
Joined Oct 2009
5 Posts
Discussion
ESky Belt CP V2 or Honey Bee King 3?

i bought a V3 Lama about a month ago. spending some tiimes with FMS, practising, crushing and I can fly it across my room comfortably now. the problem is when i fly it outdoor i always have problems with the wind. my v3 lama is like "going where the wind blows" and i cannot hold it very steady.
i read some forums saying that bigger helis are more stable for outdoor flying. i'm very much insterested on ESky Belt CP V2 and Honey Bee King 3, both come with 2.4 Ghz tx.

i would really appreciate it if anyone would give me some suggestions which heli is better for a new pilot like me?

thx
IgnatiusJohan is offline Find More Posts by IgnatiusJohan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:30 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
The Belt CP V2 is a better choice because it's bigger and therefore tends to be more stable. There are also more parts available. However, they are both quite a handful with the supplied transmitter. Your learning experience would be much better with a programmable transmitter setup.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:39 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Mar 2009
383 Posts
Personally I would buy the King. I had a Belt CP and I hated it. If you want a large 450 heli, I would go with a Exceed Legend, or build your own EXI kit.

I think the entire design of the Belt CP sucks. It has rocker arms for the swashplate control linkages, which aren't nearly as easy to adjust as the direct swash linkages. The entire rotor head assembly isn't nearly as nice as an EXI, and aluminum upgrades are much more expensive.

If you want an RTF heli, I'd say buy the King. If you want to spend a little more money, go with a Legend, or build your own EXI kit, and spend the extra money on a DX7 or DX6i radio.

That's just my opinion.
JDFiend is offline Find More Posts by JDFiend
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:54 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
You can use virtually any head and tail assembly in a Belt CP. I used A Blade 400 head and Align tail on a Belt CP V2. You could also buy a Blade 400 now that prices are at a reasonable level ($350). It depends on how much you want to spend and if you enjoy building.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:58 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,388 Posts
The specs on the King III are pretty nice:
Package included :

1 x ESky Honey Bee King 3 Helicopter Body, All Electronics Installed, Ready-to-Fly
1 x 3800KV Brushless Motor (EK5-0005) NEW!
1 x 25A Brushless speed controller (EK1-0350) NEW!
1 x ESky professional Headlock Gyro (EK2-0704B) NEW!
4 x 7.5g Digital Servo (EK2-0508)
1 x ESky 6-channels 2.4Ghz Transmitter (ET6I) NEW!
1 x ESky 6-channels 2.4Ghz CCPM Receiver (EK2-0424) NEW!
1 x ESky 1500mAh 20C Li-Po Battery (EK1-0183)
1 x 7.4V & 11.2V Li-Polymer Battery Charger (EK2-0851)
1 x 110V AC Switching Adapter

I can't tell if they fixed the tail rotor gear ratio but it looks like they fixed everything else so I bet they fixed that too.

I love my King II, my belt CP 2,4 Ghz flies nice but I have decided to pull the esky RX and install a AR6200 I have, I was saving it for my next 450 project but I decided this was my next project

I would go for the Belt CP, it is hot for a beginner but it is cheap.
ewoodcox is online now Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:15 AM
Joined Oct 2009
5 Posts
thx Balr14 & JDFiend, though you two shared different opinions
i don't know anything about building a heli so i need an RTF, low cost mantainance.
my budget is $250 max.
FYI ESky is the most common brand here so i can easily find parts should i crash my heli.

still cannot make a decision hehehe
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:20 AM
Joined Oct 2009
5 Posts
thx ewoodcox for the king 3 info.
have you ever heard any problems with the rotor belt on Belt CP? other helis use motor for rotor blade if i'm not mistaken. which is better, using belt or motor?

thx
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:29 AM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnatiusJohan
thx ewoodcox for the king 3 info.
have you ever heard any problems with the rotor belt on Belt CP? other helis use motor for rotor blade if i'm not mistaken. which is better, using belt or motor?

thx
I have a belt CP, it flies great. I am not a 3D pilot but I have 2 King IIs and the Belt CP V2, the Belt CP is a good heli, I had troubles at first but I fly her just fine. I am replacing the RX with a AR6200, I like the stock stuff OK but I have a DX7 and think I will fly her more if she is on my DX7

These guys have the V1 on clearance, not a bad beginner bird

https://www.ushobbysupply.com/index.php?cPath=30

It's 72 MHz but that works to learn the basics.

Good luck!
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:39 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Mar 2009
383 Posts
If your budget is $250, I think this heli would be a better choice than the Belt CP. It comes with a computer programmable transmitter, and it is compatible with T-REX parts. You can buy an all aluminum head and tail for another $39. I have this heli, and I really like it.

http://www.xheli.com/exrc2450sert.html#
JDFiend is offline Find More Posts by JDFiend
Old Oct 17, 2009, 05:44 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFiend
If your budget is $250, I think this heli would be a better choice than the Belt CP. It comes with a computer programmable transmitter, and it is compatible with T-REX parts. You can buy an all aluminum head and tail for another $39. I have this heli, and I really like it.

http://www.xheli.com/exrc2450sert.html#
I agree, that is HOT!
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:29 PM
Joined Oct 2009
5 Posts
thx JDFiend i'll have a look
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:56 AM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Apr 2010
60 Posts
Exceed RC 2.4GHz Blue Ray 450SE [ Special Edition ]

How about this heli? Is it better/worse than Esky Belt or Blade CP Pro2? Does it come with a better radio than the Belt?

Thanks
michelh is offline Find More Posts by michelh
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:17 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
The Blue Ray is a pretty good quality Trex clone. But, I've never heard of an SE that stands for Special Edition; it means Standard Edition, in the ones I've seen. It has a radio that has some limited program features if you plug it in to your PC. On the whole, it's comparable to a Belt CP V2. They both would benefit from better programmable radio systems, especially if you have no previous CP heli experience. The Blade CP Pro 2 has a motor driven tail that's not real reliable or effective and parts are more expensive than the other two helis.

I see they changed what SE meant on Xheli. Anyway, it's still the same heli with the plastic components.
Last edited by Balr14; Apr 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM.