HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:32 PM
Brasil
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Yes, I do. But I think we can't downgrade the firmware for the most recent models, can we? What are your CL parameters (those that could possibly change the performance)? Do you solder them directly and close from each other? Thanks in advance for your help.
faurog is offline Find More Posts by faurog
Last edited by faurog; Dec 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Forgot the question
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:38 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,895 Posts
If you have a newer firmware than 2 you cannot go back far enough. The best seemed to be 1.5 and 1.55 from what I have heard.
On the newer ones it is not all of them but I have heard that the motor wire shortening have worked.
Mike
Fancyfoam
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:22 PM
Team Futaba
Rochester New York
Joined Oct 2004
947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faurog View Post
Hi guys, I'm a new member here, althought I've been a "ghost" user for a while, just reading and trying to learn with you. The CC10 starting problem has been around for a long time and people say that if you shorten the motor wires you should get it to go away. So I'd like to know if it is possible to make the Hacker A10-9L work properly without such a tweak. For those who succesfully got it (just in case), what are your config parameters? Thanks a lot for your help. Best regards.

You can always set up an idle up switch or bump the trim up so you do at least don't have to worried about this in flight.

Devin McGrath
Devin McGRath is online now Find More Posts by Devin McGRath
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:24 PM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin McGRath View Post
You can always set up an idle up switch or bump the trim up so you do at least don't have to worried about this in flight.
This post also approved by RJ Gritter.

Yeah, I'd suggest just running an idle. There's never really a good reason for the motor to totally stop while flying... it's better all around to just keep the motor running at a slow idle speed.
hpapilot is offline Find More Posts by hpapilot
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:34 PM
Brasil
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Yes, it's true, but I was just wondering if there was something about the Castle Link setup itself to solve this, as the CC10 is such a good esc (and expensive) to have this kind of issues (is there something RJ?). What about the Thunderbird 9 or X-7 with recent firmware? I really appreciate your help guys.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:37 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,895 Posts
Have you tried to play with the timing or any of the other settings? With the CC10 you have allot of control. Most guys that have problems are using the CC9 where there is little that can be changed. Let us know if you find a setting that fixes your problem.
Mike
Fancyfoam
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:10 AM
Brasil
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Not yet, but I'll try it and I'll keep in touch if I find a solution. If someone has something and would like to share with us, make yourself comfort. Thanks a lot for your much appreciated help, cheers.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:20 AM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
I can't think of my settings off the top of my head... I programmed my CC10's a long time ago and haven't messed with them since. I do normally set the throttle response or start power to a high setting... that's the only thing I can think of that should really effect the startup. Give that a try and let us know if it helps at all.

RJ
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:22 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
640 Posts
Hey guys, I wanted to let you know I have a cool motor mount that fits both the axi 2203 series and Hacker 20-34s motors with a front bracket for a direct pitch servo attachment. Also if someone is looking I have a new in package Hacker 20-34s motor I used only for the template of this mount design, it was never run and is brand new.

Thanks
John
www.freewebstore.org/XtremeFoamies/AXI2fMamo_G10_Motor_Mount_for_VPP_System!!!/p186510_3189652.aspx
xtremeRCpilot is offline Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:32 AM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
John has a great little mount designed here, and it's a great way to go for anyone wanting to try a straight VPP setup on an MX2. The direct pitch control system performs much better than the pushrod system, and it's also lighter and easier to set up.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:39 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
640 Posts
Thanks RJ, not to go to far off subject but me and my Son are watching your cool Pyro Light show, that is to cool Man!! Very nice!

John
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:56 AM
Fly lower!
West Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeRCpilot View Post
Hey guys, I wanted to let you know I have a cool motor mount that fits both the axi 2203 series and Hacker 20-34s motors with a front bracket for a direct pitch servo attachment. Also if someone is looking I have a new in package Hacker 20-34s motor I used only for the template of this mount design, it was never run and is brand new.

Thanks
John
www.freewebstore.org/XtremeFoamies/AXI2fMamo_G10_Motor_Mount_for_VPP_System!!!/p186510_3189652.aspx
It shows none in stock
aerolite is offline Find More Posts by aerolite
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:56 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerolite View Post
It shows none in stock
Sorry about that, updated

Thanks
John
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:07 AM
Brasil
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Hi. I've tried other configs here (throttle response set as high, like RJ's), but it seems that my Turnigy Plush 10A starts the motor in a smoother way, I don't know... RJ, fo the throttle type do you use fixed endpoints or auto-calibrating mode? What about current limiting and cuttoff type? In the motor tab I've used the default settings (PWM rate of 12khz and normal Motor Timing for a trade of between efficiency and power - actually I don't know much about the real and practical effect of it). It seems there is nothing else to do.

Flávio
Last edited by faurog; Dec 30, 2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: add info
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:07 AM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
I use different settings for throttle end points and for current limiting depending on the airplane. Normally Fixed endpoints and insensitive current limiting. Always soft cutoff. None of these settings should effect the startup at all, though.

You could try different timing settings. It's not likely that the PWM rate will change anything, but you could try that, too.

Sorry, I have a few new Phoenix 10's here, but until now I've been using the same set of Phoenix 10's I've had for about 5 years now. I've never had a problem with them so they're still in service. I have updated the firmware on them, but I can't recall what version is on them. I'll try to get my Castle-Link out of the trailer soon and read the settings off my controllers.

RJ