HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:58 PM
JR > Futaba
Green Lane, PA
Joined Mar 2008
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2602 View Post
Nevermind, i think i found it. Will this do the trick?

http://www.fancyfoam.com/index.php?m...products_id=69
Yup, thatll do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2602 View Post
I have each of these not being used and was thinking of giving them a shot. Opinions?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9070

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9378

I am thinking the 1800kv would be better? Thanks!

-Sean
That should work, go with the 1800kv. Not too sure on the prop, try an 8x4.3SF or 8x4DD on a 7.4V lipo.

Although i recomend a Hacker A10-9L swinging an 8x4.3SF , The Mx2 benefits from all the extra pull.
--Brian
pvtzemerak is offline Find More Posts by pvtzemerak
Last edited by pvtzemerak; Nov 01, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:29 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,867 Posts
Yes the ply horns set on my site will work fine.

I would go with the 1800kv motor especially if using a 2s battery. You will have to compensate a little for the extra weight. The recommended Hacker is only 15 grams and those are 25g. It can be done though.

Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:05 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,867 Posts
These have been going out the door but I am not seeing any pictures or video. Are you guys flying yet? We just got our first freezing temps last night so we are seriously looking at indoor flying again. If you have any video I would like to see it.
Mike
Fancyfoam
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:44 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,130 Posts
I may need a new one... last season's mx2 took quite the beating and countless midairs with both plane and heli.

I absolutely recommend the a10-9L, but I had issues pairing it with the CC9 esc; put it with any other esc and it is smooth as butter
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:50 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,867 Posts
I am still wotking with CC to get the issue resolved. Mainly I am callimg them weekly and bugging them. I thing if it was not for the ice controller recall it would have been fixed by now. I like the CC controllers but it does no good if the motor does not start. In the mean time I started carrying the plush controllers as they are working well.
Mike
Fancyfoam
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:19 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,130 Posts
That is great to hear. The performance of the a10 is perfect for this plane though and plays real nice with the plush. It is ideal actually
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:26 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,130 Posts
I have had the MX2 and the Fenix; both spectacular planes and really grew my skills as a pilot. I was curious how you would compare the Osiris's flight characteristics to those of the MX2?

I am on the fence, I always liked the looks of the O, but I am also kinda cheap so leaning towards the less expensive MX2....

Any thoughts, recommendations?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:58 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2007
358 Posts
I'm using the A10-9L with HAcker ESC ... no issue as well .... Nice power
And MX-2 is my favourite plane ... my warm up plane actually before flying
lamafever is offline Find More Posts by lamafever
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:13 AM
Fly lower!
West Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I have had the MX2 and the Fenix; both spectacular planes and really grew my skills as a pilot. I was curious how you would compare the Osiris's flight characteristics to those of the MX2?

I am on the fence, I always liked the looks of the O, but I am also kinda cheap so leaning towards the less expensive MX2....

Any thoughts, recommendations?
The MX2 and Fenix are freestyle planes, while the Osiris is really an F3P pattern plane. The pattern planes are specifically designed to fly really slow for precise indoor pattern competitions.

The Osiris is a great flying plane, but will fly completely different than the Freestyle type designs.

aerolite
aerolite is offline Find More Posts by aerolite
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:02 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I am still wotking with CC to get the issue resolved. Mainly I am callimg them weekly and bugging them. I thing if it was not for the ice controller recall it would have been fixed by now. I like the CC controllers but it does no good if the motor does not start. In the mean time I started carrying the plush controllers as they are working well.
Mike
Fancyfoam
CC has been aware of the Hacker startup problem for years but haven't fixed it yet. Personally, I find it hard to beat the Turnigy Plush. The price is right and I think it has a more linear throttle response.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:16 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,867 Posts
Are you using the plush 10 or 12?
The biggest problem I have with the Plush is HK always being out of them. When they get them in I am not ready to order any thing else.
Mike
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:25 PM
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
Are you guys buying the milled or unmilled? I saw in the beginning of this thread were RJ said it doesn't need milled and fly's better at the regular weight, but I believe he flew at ETOC with a milled one.
Balsa Breaker is offline Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:46 PM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
I fly milled airplanes when using a VPP system, which adds significant weight. I personally prefer them unmilled when built with a stock motor setup, as I prefer the feel of the airplane at 5-5.2 ounces. My ETOC airplane had VPP, thrust-vectoring, and a total of 5 servos, so it needed to be milled to achieve the right wing-loading.

It's preference though... if you're big on harriering, hovering, and trying to fly slow, milled is the way to go either way! If you prefer to fly outdoors in light wind or fly high-energy aerobatics, go with un-milled.
hpapilot is offline Find More Posts by hpapilot
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:49 AM
United States, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Jan 2004
2,086 Posts
FYI: I'm selling my full VPP setup with servos. If anyone is looking at getting a MX2 or similar VPP plane and need a Mamo models/motor/esc/servos set - check out here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1526389
mattk0 is offline Find More Posts by mattk0
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:02 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,542 Posts
Azarr I like flip starting my foamies ! So far I like the look of the new Milled Airframes, sadly no matter how light I try to build they always end up at 5.0 LOL magic number for me I guess! Hopefully these will build lighter for me!
FASTALJR is offline Find More Posts by FASTALJR