Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 06, 2010, 11:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
117 Posts
The motor problems is that when I fly, the motor stops in midair and then putters a little bit. I dont know what the problem is. What I mean my sensitive is that if I put in a little stick, the airplane moves alot. I am using a GWS 8X4 prop,Dualsky 7.4v 400 mah lipo with 20C discharge and a 10 amp speed control
pilotpie4 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpie4
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2010, 12:17 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpie4 View Post
The motor problems is that when I fly, the motor stops in midair and then putters a little bit. I dont know what the problem is. What I mean my sensitive is that if I put in a little stick, the airplane moves alot. I am using a GWS 8X4 prop,Dualsky 7.4v 400 mah lipo with 20C discharge and a 10 amp speed control
1. Check your solder connections. This is more then likely what is causing your motor problems.

2. Dial in some low rates and expo to get used to it at first. This plane is made to have HUGE deflections.
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Apr 06, 2010, 12:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
117 Posts
Well when I took the motor off, it ran just fine. the solder connections are good. I didn't solder anyting
Old Apr 06, 2010, 04:04 PM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpie4 View Post
Well when I took the motor off, it ran just fine. the solder connections are good. I didn't solder anyting
If your connections are good, it's probably an ESC programming problem. I don't know what ESC you're using so I can't give you any specific advice there.

As far as sensitive, do you have much experience with other foamies like this? Most of them are "sensitive" compared to more normal airplanes. Dial in some expo (around 60% is good), set up low rates (around 60% of full throw) and see if that helps.

RJ
hpapilot is offline Find More Posts by hpapilot
Old Apr 06, 2010, 07:37 PM
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined May 2006
231 Posts
ok, second MX2, everything is done, just waiting for the Mamo VPP to show up to finish it.
wcc963 is offline Find More Posts by wcc963
Old Apr 08, 2010, 12:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
117 Posts
I have had some experience with foamies like this. The thing is that my radio has no expo on it. I am using the spektrum DX5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapilot View Post
If your connections are good, it's probably an ESC programming problem. I don't know what ESC you're using so I can't give you any specific advice there.

As far as sensitive, do you have much experience with other foamies like this? Most of them are "sensitive" compared to more normal airplanes. Dial in some expo (around 60% is good), set up low rates (around 60% of full throw) and see if that helps.

RJ
Old Apr 08, 2010, 12:47 PM
Joined May 2006
231 Posts
hey what material do you guys use for pull pull? im using a braided fishing line but there seems to be a little stretch in it. is there anything that won't stretch as much?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 08:40 AM
United States, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Jan 2004
2,088 Posts
RJ-
Awesome job with this past weekends ETOC - I think that has convinced me to looking into the MX2 with VPP. Any plans on giving details/pics of your Vector Thrust unit? Thanks,
mattk0 is online now Find More Posts by mattk0
Old Apr 14, 2010, 04:14 PM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk0 View Post
RJ-
Awesome job with this past weekends ETOC - I think that has convinced me to looking into the MX2 with VPP. Any plans on giving details/pics of your Vector Thrust unit? Thanks,
Thanks! My advice is to master plain old VPP first. VPP can sometimes get out of hand quickly, and the vectoring just makes it easier to get in a bad situation fast. It will do some cool things, but definitely takes some work.

Right now I don't want to even look at a foamy, but maybe in the future I'll post some info on that setup.

RJ
Old Apr 15, 2010, 02:21 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Nice flying at ETOC RJ, You certainly were the master of VPP
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Apr 15, 2010, 02:50 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2006
228 Posts
Hi Matt,

This is a thread on this forum showing Martin's VPP with thrust vectoring. He flew it last year at the World Air Games in Torino, Italy.

Extra 300 and TVR-Prop "by MM"
EnzoFalconi is offline Find More Posts by EnzoFalconi
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:33 PM
Joined May 2006
231 Posts
well after a bit of a wait and a tech problem, i finally recieved my mamo VPP unit, thanks Ross at Air land sea hobby for the quick fix to my problem. will post pictures later... just waiting for my VPP servo to arrive then i'll be set to go
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:59 PM
new jersey
Joined Aug 2003
240 Posts
I'm really interested in hearing how the 9l can be modded to the mamo unit.Looks like that was the motor of choice at the ETOC.
high alpha is offline Find More Posts by high alpha
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:30 PM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by high alpha View Post
I'm really interested in hearing how the 9l can be modded to the mamo unit.Looks like that was the motor of choice at the ETOC.
Nope, I was the only one who ran a 9L for VPP. Everyone else who had VPP used the Hacker A20-34S, except (I think) Matt Stringer who used the 50S.

It basically requires a precision machined shaft to replace the stock shaft. My shaft was difficult for experienced aerospace machinists to get perfect... it isn't an easy task when dealing with such a small diameter. I just used my motor/shaft from last year's airplane.

The other thing to consider is that to get acceptable power out of that setup, it takes some extreme lightening of the airframe. My ETOC MX2 was 5.0oz RTF.

RJ
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:57 PM
new jersey
Joined Aug 2003
240 Posts
Sweet!I was guessing it was a 3mm shaft taken down on a lathe to 2mm where it goes through the motor.

I'm sure it's not easy,but thats the fun part about the hobby,always a challenge!!

Did you use you the 9" blades on a 325mah TPG4?

You plane looked great!I see you even milled the wheel pants!!
high alpha is offline Find More Posts by high alpha