HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2009, 03:03 PM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaster12 View Post
I noticed that it did handle the motor well, its just that having to spin the prop and then turn up the trim is somewhat of an anoyance. Oh well, maybe I'll just make a mix and assign it to a switch
That's what I do... it's a throttle-throttle mix on a switch set to the very lowest RPM the motor will turn. I only have to hand-spin the prop maybe once out of 20 flights... it may very well improve as you fly it more, since your motor did feel pretty tight.

Enjoy it!

RJ
hpapilot is offline Find More Posts by hpapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2009, 03:28 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Oct 2009
163 Posts
Im really intrigued with the VPP and am so close to clicking the buy button for the MX2. I love my fany foam planes! Some more info on the set up of the VPP and programming it into the transmitter would be awsome. My TX isnt quite new its and "older" futaba computer radio T6XAS and has the programming for Heli's so it should work I would think. Some pictures of the VPP set up on the plane would be awsome too!
Thanks,
Mike
dsmmike is offline Find More Posts by dsmmike
Old Nov 09, 2009, 04:15 PM
Joined Oct 2009
33 Posts
Come to think of it RJ, when we were flying in the dark I noticed that most of the time I didn't need to hand start it but I turned up my trim anyway. I guess I completely forgot about it!
rcmaster12 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaster12
Old Nov 09, 2009, 06:19 PM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaster12 View Post
Come to think of it RJ, when we were flying in the dark I noticed that most of the time I didn't need to hand start it but I turned up my trim anyway. I guess I completely forgot about it!
Cool, glad it got better. It is still good to bump the idle up just to ensure consistent throttle response though.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:21 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Mar 2008
171 Posts
electrics placment

Sorry for the nubie question, but can anybody post some pics of the bottom of their finished MX2 with suggestions of where to place the rx, esc, and battery? The manual does not have any pictures of the bottom after everything is installed. My thoughts are to put the rx and esc on the right side and the battery on the left side where there is more room (without the CF supports). Is it best to velcro them to the fuse or under the wing?

Thanks!
AeroControl is offline Find More Posts by AeroControl
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:15 PM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Hey AeroControl,

I cant get pics tonight, But I can kinda describe what I do. I mount the ESC on the right side and attach it to the bottom side of the vertical fuse nose with double-sided tape. I mount the receiver back under the wing, it doesnt matter which side. I then cut a slot in the bottom of the vertical fuse right in the middle of the nose-section of the horizonal fuse for the battery to slide in, so that the battery mounts right in the middle, not to the left or right side of the plane. This helps a lot in getting the CG right in all 3 directions.

Hope that's clearer than mud... i can get pics tomorrow.

RJ
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:17 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Oct 2009
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmmike View Post
Im really intrigued with the VPP and am so close to clicking the buy button for the MX2. I love my fany foam planes! Some more info on the set up of the VPP and programming it into the transmitter would be awsome. My TX isnt quite new its and "older" futaba computer radio T6XAS and has the programming for Heli's so it should work I would think. Some pictures of the VPP set up on the plane would be awsome too!
Thanks,
Mike
anything?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:25 PM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

If your radio has heli programming, it should do the job fine. I don't have any pictures of the VPP setup but it is quite straightforward. I'll try to get some pictures of it tomorrow.

RJ
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:19 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Oct 2009
163 Posts
RJ,
I havent the slightest idea on how to actaully set it up with the tx. I made a separate thread on it and was told I would probally get more help over here from you guys and that there was possibly an article on it being written?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Nov 11, 2009, 05:48 AM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
RJ,
I havent the slightest idea on how to actaully set it up with the tx. I made a separate thread on it and was told I would probally get more help over here from you guys and that there was possibly an article on it being written?

Thanks,
Mike
You just set the model in the radio up as a helicopter with whatever type swashplate doesnt mix the servos, ie one servo for elevator, one for aileron, and one for pitch. Then you set up flight modes similar to a helicopter... normal flight mode has only forward pitch and from 0-100 throttle, and the other flight mode goes from negative to positive pitch and the throttle goes from 100% then down and then back up to 100%.

The book for your radio can probably explain this better for your particular radio.

RJ
Old Nov 11, 2009, 07:46 AM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Mar 2008
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapilot View Post
Hey AeroControl,

I cant get pics tonight, But I can kinda describe what I do. I mount the ESC on the right side and attach it to the bottom side of the vertical fuse nose with double-sided tape. I mount the receiver back under the wing, it doesnt matter which side. I then cut a slot in the bottom of the vertical fuse right in the middle of the nose-section of the horizonal fuse for the battery to slide in, so that the battery mounts right in the middle, not to the left or right side of the plane. This helps a lot in getting the CG right in all 3 directions.

Hope that's clearer than mud... i can get pics tomorrow.

RJ
Thanks RJ, I think I have a picture in mind (but real pictures would help). Do you cut a wide slot for the battery to allow you to adjust cg better (or do you adjust cg some other way)?
AeroControl is offline Find More Posts by AeroControl
Old Nov 11, 2009, 09:20 AM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroControl View Post
Thanks RJ, I think I have a picture in mind (but real pictures would help). Do you cut a wide slot for the battery to allow you to adjust cg better (or do you adjust cg some other way)?
There really shouldn't be any need to adjust the CG much if you cut the slot in the right place to start with, but then again this can depend on the equipment you used, so it's hard to say where that is. One good idea is to attach the battery with small pieces of velco to the side of the fuse until you find the right CG for you, and once that's set, cut the slot to get the lateral CG balanced correctly.

RJ
Old Nov 13, 2009, 09:33 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
What side(s) do you guys put your receiver, ESC and battery on? Thanks.

Oh, and could you tell me what is the purpose of the spades? Just curious. Thanks again.

Oh, and what throws should I be going for elevator and ailerons. I assume rudder should travel to both elevator cut outs.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 13, 2009, 09:49 AM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
What side(s) do you guys put your receiver, ESC and battery on? Thanks.
Battery - cut a slot through the vertical fuse against the bottom of the nose-section of the horizontal fuse and place the battery right in the middle.

ESC and rx - whatever is convenient.

Quote:
Oh, and could you tell me what is the purpose of the spades? Just curious. Thanks again.
Takes load off the ailerons. They also act as small side-force generators.

Quote:
Oh, and what throws should I be going for elevator and ailerons. I assume rudder should travel to both elevator cut outs.
Elevator - all the way to the stops, i.e. till the elevator joiner hits the ends of the cutout.

Ailerons - as much as you can get before the spade hits the bottom of the wing. You shouldn't try to get any more than that for several reasons.

RJ
Old Nov 13, 2009, 09:55 AM
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
I've been meaning to put up pictures to show this but I've been sick all week and just haven't been up to it. Hopefully this drawing will clear things up a little bit...