SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:20 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardnation View Post
The HK Pitts in the US warehouse shows $38 shipping, is this a fluke?

I want one, but refuse to pay nearly 50% of the kit in shipping.
Ya that is really high to me. If I remember right I paid 14 bucks to have it shipped parcel post. It took a little longer but the cost was right.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2011, 01:18 AM
addicted to helis
Australia, ACT
Joined Feb 2011
91 Posts
hey guys , i paid $92.47 for my mark2 "she " stipps and $13.99 postage from the australian warehouse . aussie dollars .... atm the american dollar is close to ours , so how does that compare with what you americans are paying ?,,,,,,, btw , she flys great , i went with a spar in the top wing and a 11*4 prop ....awesome !......
addicted to heli is offline Find More Posts by addicted to heli
Old Nov 06, 2011, 03:21 AM
What goes up must come down..
Canada, QC, Saint-Laurent
Joined Jan 2002
1,724 Posts
I got a seriously smashed bipe yesterday...it's in terrible shape, I missed the part on how it happen but I was told that the big lamps post didn't move a bit but I collect a bag full of parts linkage's servo's..missing radio gear motor esc etc..mostly foam parts and servo's + linkages ! that a good start for a small "crowdy" area!.
No test done yet, but pre-fit of the puzzle parts shows only 2 pces missing so far prior to glue.
I'll use 5 min. epoxy no time to loose the forecast nice weather for few days to come but cold..
I'll try to post some pic's later.
Roger
rodair is offline Find More Posts by rodair
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:16 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodair View Post
I got a seriously smashed bipe yesterday...it's in terrible shape, I missed the part on how it happen but I was told that the big lamps post didn't move a bit but I collect a bag full of parts linkage's servo's..missing radio gear motor esc etc..mostly foam parts and servo's + linkages ! that a good start for a small "crowdy" area!.
No test done yet, but pre-fit of the puzzle parts shows only 2 pces missing so far prior to glue.
I'll use 5 min. epoxy no time to loose the forecast nice weather for few days to come but cold..
I'll try to post some pic's later.
Roger
I like Gorilla Glue white too. It takes a little bit longer to dry but when it is drying it foams up a bit. Really nice to fill in gaps.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:24 PM
Joined Jan 2002
1,724 Posts
I almost have it all back together now..the hard part is to find the little pcs of plastic (clevis replacement for 1 mm MW rod)..I have to choice than to use the power plant from a SC LP and prop it will be FUN!
Today I'll maiden this bipe weather forecast looks more than good I never flew so late in a season so far.
Roger
Old Nov 09, 2011, 12:27 AM
Air, Land & Sea RC's.
the tip of Colonel Lights finger
Joined Nov 2008
1,521 Posts
the clevis from the super cub fit.. first thing i do is replace the stock pitt's clevis with the SC clevis.
Oblivion is offline Find More Posts by Oblivion
Old Nov 09, 2011, 01:32 AM
Joined Jan 2002
1,724 Posts
I did it but there is only 2 off per cub :-( thanks for the info's) now I have to find 4 more or I'll just leave the ailerons linkage as is for now.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:57 AM
Air, Land & Sea RC's.
the tip of Colonel Lights finger
Joined Nov 2008
1,521 Posts
you can get the hz sc pushrod and clevis kits for about a buck fifty.

i use the thin wire over a stove as a hot wire for foam mods.. and keep the clevis handy as spares.
i usually buy 3 or 4 sets even though i never need them, just because they are so cheap and i always find a use for em.
shorten the wire and they make great sc aileron pushrods, or pushrods for projects (adding rudder to my sc floats)

i dont trust any of those white clevis that come on the pitts as standard. i replace them all.
Oblivion is offline Find More Posts by Oblivion
Old Nov 09, 2011, 06:00 AM
Joined Jan 2002
1,724 Posts
same here but i have to wait to get some..and I need them today!
Last edited by rodair; Nov 09, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 02:07 AM
Joined Jan 2002
1,724 Posts
Dead end..

Hi all,
Well the first flight after rebuilding a Pitt's that was given to me was fine!
I can't say the same about the second one
I was too much in a rush to maiden her, the weather was great but I lost orientation on the second flight ( she goes small quite fast) the wind start to pick up 18-20 Knots I should have "delay" but couldn't resist to go up again.

All this to end up with a good laught after a long search ( a good 3000' feet away she finally crash it was to say really) time for a de-brief ( pilot error here again ), she's only good for whatever spare that can be salvage.
I'll have to get simulator spend more time on ailerons BEFORE I take the NIB one I have here waiting ( next season most probably).
After all it was FUN and I went troughout all kind of emotions..I was looking powerless to a crash I can still picture it...
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:31 AM
Monahans TX
Joined Sep 2010
1,925 Posts
Rodair, is that a geared brush motor installed on your Pitts?
What happened to the brushless setup?
WestTexasKing is offline Find More Posts by WestTexasKing
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:10 AM
Joined Jan 2002
1,724 Posts
That one was a "wreck" that I got from a friend after he crashed it, he kept the BL /ESC, I just put that GB brushed motor in and flew..
I saw both version in the air so far and actually it was quite surprising on how much thrust this set up do, it handle the pitts no problem although overweight a bit..
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:53 AM
Joined Jan 2002
1,724 Posts
actually I am loking for another simlar GB with a 480 brushed motor anyome plz me if you have one looks like the crash had reason of this one...
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:55 PM
Monahans TX
Joined Sep 2010
1,925 Posts
That's pretty cool to know that the brushed motors aren't completely outmatched
WestTexasKing is offline Find More Posts by WestTexasKing
Old Nov 13, 2011, 04:40 AM
Joined Jan 2002
1,724 Posts
Actually Art-Tech (original maker of the Pitts) where using a GB and NiMh pack on the original ones..many holes are provided into the firewall to show the proof of that ( actually too many ) so using a slighty bigger Brushed and GB /prop than I think the original used so it did went up quite easily but I cannot compare yet to the BL version since it's still in it's box.
Having a lot more weight then the BL motor it was still a tad tail heavy! ( after first repair) !
Beleive it or not I am trying to rebuit it again moving the batt. fwd BL motor, bigger LG wheels or none (skid?). I'll call her "Nine Lives" if I succeed...?? but she's pretty much TKO as I dig into the crash parts.
I would like to outline here something I find out: don't thrust these white plastic "clevis" I beleive it could be the reason for the crash, change them if possible for the more greyish one and don't forget to install some lock "tubing" after installation for safety.
Roger