HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:54 PM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
3,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Hi AS

Thanks for the thought.
Must admit it's been so long since I built it, I couldn't remember myself.
Anyway, bit the bullet, pulled it down, and you're right. One radial and one thrust.
So, the choice is between plastic grips with one of each, or metal grips with one thrust and two radial.
Sounds like the Pro would be better, what do you think?

Cheers

BL
The old style ESP metal grips also have 1 radial bearing and 1 thrust bearing.

If the grips are working fine no need to replace them.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:15 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
I received the HK-752MG's mini cyclic servos yesterday.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3kg_0_11s.html

I have to say I really like them. They have excellent torque and seem to center well. I like that they have the metal lower case section, which tightly encases the coreless motor. They also have very little slop for a metal gear servo. At 5.5 volts I'm getting around 0.125s on the CX tester/programmer. All three have tested fine and passed a 30 minute continuous run test.

I'll start a thread with some pictures in the next few days. I pulled one apart, so there will be some pictures of the electronics and gears, which I haven't managed to find online anywhere else.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:24 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I received the HK-752MG's mini cyclic servos yesterday.

I have to say I really like them. They have excellent torque and seem to center well. I like that they have the metal lower case section, which tightly encases the coreless motor. They also have very little slop for a metal gear servo. At 5.5 volts I'm getting around 0.125s on the CX tester/programmer. All three have tested fine and passed a 30 minute continuous run test.

I'll start a thread with some pictures in the next few days. I pulled one apart, so there will be some pictures of the electronics and gears, which I haven't managed to find online anywhere else.
I am interested in the servo tester. It it this one? http://www.rchobby-king.com/en/brand...vo-tester.html

Is there any results on the LCD after the test, or do you just listen to it for 30min?

I just planted my newly outfitted AR7200BX 500 this weekend. After flying for a few minutes - Tail in; tipped right once, corrected then full aileron to the right. It wasn't like full aileron, full stick left and roll slowed and the heli uh, flailed. I cut the throttle and it never recovered and landed on its right side. It's the same problem I had one time with the ZYX. Bad on me. Bad luck with Align servos (DS415). These 500 cyclics had been crashed more than once so it's probably my fault. Edit: maybe I'll put the Spring servos on this one. I have to order every Align part on line now (LHS out of business) - torque tube and etc. Which is a bummer.
Maybe I'll look around for Savox cyclic. With the sweet Ti gears. I'm not anything about cheap anymore to tell you the truth. Though I do like non critical cheap airframe parts from HK

Thanks.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Last edited by eagle777; Feb 20, 2013 at 01:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:43 AM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
3,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I received the HK-752MG's mini cyclic servos yesterday.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3kg_0_11s.html

I have to say I really like them. They have excellent torque and seem to center well. I like that they have the metal lower case section, which tightly encases the coreless motor. They also have very little slop for a metal gear servo. At 5.5 volts I'm getting around 0.125s on the CX tester/programmer. All three have tested fine and passed a 30 minute continuous run test.

I'll start a thread with some pictures in the next few days. I pulled one apart, so there will be some pictures of the electronics and gears, which I haven't managed to find online anywhere else.
The Henge and Tarot versions of that servo sell for twice what HK charges btw. I'm not sure if Henge sells the gear sets, I wasn't able to find them anywhere. I have seen gear sets for the MD922 and MD933 so it's surprising that they don't have gear sets for the MD752.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:14 PM
Registered User
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,256 Posts
Thanks for the info
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post

If the grips are working fine no need to replace them.
Will rebuild the current ones

Cheers

BL
Border Lord is online now Find More Posts by Border Lord
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:25 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I am interested in the servo tester. It it this one? http://www.rchobby-king.com/en/brand...vo-tester.html

Is there any results on the LCD after the test, or do you just listen to it for 30min?...
No, it's the CX-3X1000 programmer, that has a built in servo tester.

The automatic cycle mode has no result. Yes, I just run it for 30 minutes on 30% and then check that it's still running smoothly, that the torque is still good (by hand), and that the servo is not too hot.

I'm yet to find a servo that doesn't get very hot, in 5 minutes, using the auto cycle mode at 100%. It's not just a smooth cycle, like stirring the stick on the Tx.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:41 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
The Henge and Tarot versions of that servo sell for twice what HK charges btw. I'm not sure if Henge sells the gear sets, I wasn't able to find them anywhere. I have seen gear sets for the MD922 and MD933 so it's surprising that they don't have gear sets for the MD752.
Yes, the HK version is very good value. I'd probably just buy the DS510M or DS515 if it was Tarot's price. BTW, this servo looks like it's a DS510M clone. The gears look the same and on the 500EFL Pro the output shaft is in line when the servo is vertical or horizontal, so the 3 servo pushrods can be the same length (with the HK28013DMG the two front pushrods had to be longer (4 turns)).

No, I can't find any gear sets either. You would have to believe they will become available, especially with Tarot selling them, as well.

The heli is all back together, ready for a test flight. I fitted the HK XL red fins this time. Looks more like a large 450 pro now, which I like. I'm also trying out a set of RJX FBL blades. Incredibly stiff and nicely made. The only pain is you have to use a 1mm spacer.

beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Feb 20, 2013 at 03:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:17 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Test flight completed. It's flying better than ever. I like the RJX blades and no issues with the HK-752MG's either. It feels very responsive, yet super stable.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:34 PM
Registered User
United States, PA, Macungie
Joined Jan 2012
53 Posts
Hex bolts for tail

Hi group

Can anyone tell me where I can find the small hexagonal tail bolts for the 500? I stripped mine and I can only find the longer ones when I search.

I am not lazy I really cant find them

If you have a set you want to sell let me know I might take them.

Thanks for your help!
LVflier is offline Find More Posts by LVflier
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:52 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Dejavu*Xion's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
wos will have them. That dude is loaded with parts. ( as you know a good guy to trade with as well )
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:05 PM
Registered User
United States, PA, Macungie
Joined Jan 2012
53 Posts
Cool I will reach out to him I was just talking to him in wed.
LVflier is offline Find More Posts by LVflier
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:02 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
No, it's the CX-3X1000 programmer, that has a built in servo tester.

The automatic cycle mode has no result. Yes, I just run it for 30 minutes on 30% and then check that it's still running smoothly, that the torque is still good (by hand), and that the servo is not too hot.

I'm yet to find a servo that doesn't get very hot, in 5 minutes, using the auto cycle mode at 100%. It's not just a smooth cycle, like stirring the stick on the Tx.
Thanks beenflying. Sorry for the rant.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:04 AM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
3,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Yes, the HK version is very good value. I'd probably just buy the DS510M or DS515 if it was Tarot's price. BTW, this servo looks like it's a DS510M clone. The gears look the same and on the 500EFL Pro the output shaft is in line when the servo is vertical or horizontal, so the 3 servo pushrods can be the same length (with the HK28013DMG the two front pushrods had to be longer (4 turns)).

No, I can't find any gear sets either. You would have to believe they will become available, especially with Tarot selling them, as well.

The heli is all back together, ready for a test flight. I fitted the HK XL red fins this time. Looks more like a large 450 pro now, which I like. I'm also trying out a set of RJX FBL blades. Incredibly stiff and nicely made. The only pain is you have to use a 1mm spacer.

With HK carrying so much RJX stuff now it's surprising they haven't started carrying the RJX helicopter kits too.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Feb 21, 2013 at 05:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:56 AM
WOS
Registered User
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVflier View Post
Cool I will reach out to him I was just talking to him in wed.
Dude!
Just give me your address. I have a align complete tail unit. Plastic blade grips but will be better than HK. Help out in the shipping department and will send it out to you
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:57 AM
WOS
Registered User
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
wos will have them. That dude is loaded with parts. ( as you know a good guy to trade with as well )
Thanks man!
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got some Fan Fold what to build thread part II started by emoone!!! Don Sims Foamies (Kits) 188 Jan 23, 2010 09:28 PM
Mountain Models Tantrum Partial Build Thread.. Tram Parkflyers 142 Apr 03, 2004 11:41 PM
My Bobolink Build Thread (very Colibri like) Jim Poor Hand Launch 65 Dec 10, 2003 05:48 PM
Laird Super Solution Build Thread! boomerace Parkflyers 178 Oct 29, 2003 08:20 PM
Switchback re-build thread (or What the $#*& was that!) Biggles604 Parkflyers 17 Jun 23, 2003 10:34 PM