HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:09 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
So going thru E-bay..In an auction I won an Align 600mx motor and second winning bid was an align servo..This going thru company rc_rocks_us..Meanwhile 10 days later no tracking number and items still not here. I send them an email asking for an explanation.. Come to find out they auction off product they dont even have.
Here is a first response from Rc_rocks_us.. " About your order, unfortunately your servo and motor are both out of stock. New ones will arrive and be shipped tomorrow. As your order shipped, a tracking number will be sent to you via a notification email.Our fault not to notify you sooner about this situation. If you cannot wait that long, please let us know. We will refund you immediately.Once again, we apologize and thank you for your purchase.Van....

LoL and Wow...Again these were auction Items...Would be like me auctioning off a car i dont actually have.

Buyer Beware of rc_rocks_us Via E-bay.

And here is their second response to an E-mail .." We had it at the time of auction, but were out of stock shortly after". Again, your order is ready to ship tomorrow. Do you still want to proceed it? or cancel the order and refund you?Thank you, Daisy.

And my last responce...By all means ship my order a.s.a.p.....I just cant get over that you actually sold off my product elsewhere that was "eartaged" for the winner of an auction.....Would be like me auctioning off a car i dont have or selling off a car i dont have.

Well thats Thursdays amusement anyways....CrAZY biz. ethics nowdays..I seriously cant imagine doing this with my customers..it just blows me away..lol
Helidirect does the same thing!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:15 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Gorilla gear wouldn't have broken and probably would have spared you some damage. They cost more but in the long run they will save you money.
Maybe so. Its was a pretty bad landing. Spinning & tail bobbing while coming down very fast from a low head speed. I was very lucky to have landed flat on the landing gear.

Quote:
The original Align ESP design grips have just as much sideways play as the HK and Tarot ones. I never had any problems with the Tarot ones but I was using grade metric grade 12-9 alloy steel screws because I didn't trust the Tarot ones.The collar screws and other specialty screws on the Tarot kits are fine (probably because they are custom manufactured screws) but the generic screws look like they are just buying them in bulk from whoever is selling at the lowest price. In any case it cost me less than 10 bucks to replace them all with plenty of spares left over so it wasn't a problem.
I'm running some high quality Hex Heads screws in my grips from hexcrews.com. I have over 160 flight on the same screws.

Quote:
What HS are you running btw, if you are running at over 2600rpm then you are overdriving the tail and that could be part of the cause for it letting go like that.
Running 6S, 13T, 1600kv.. around 2600rpms

Quote:
If you go this route get the Pro type grips with two radial bearings. The original ESP grips have been discontinued and Align no longer sells the hubs. Tarot still makes the old style hub but one costs almost as much as two of the new Pro hubs from Align.
I'll look into this.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:42 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,833 Posts
What? radial bearings. Mine have no such bearings.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:56 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Mine don't either.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:41 PM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,272 Posts
Hi All

Need a little help understanding h/s calculators.
I have a 500GT currently running on 5s, and I am going to try out a 6s pack.
I have two h/s calculators, ReadyHeli and Dark Horse, which seem to give conflicting results.
Plugging in my parameters, the ReadyHeli one gives a h/s of 3215 rpm with full batteries, but it describes this as the 'hover' rpm, but the Dark Horse one gives 3094 rpm, presumably at full throttle.
I am trying to work out if I need to change pinion size (currently 13t) when I go to the higher batteries.
My throttle curve is 80% flat, which by my reckoning means max h/s of 2475 rpm, which sounds safe, if a little low.
Does this sound right? and if so, should I go ahead?

Thanks

Borderlord
Border Lord is offline Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:27 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Hi All

Need a little help understanding h/s calculators.
I have a 500GT currently running on 5s, and I am going to try out a 6s pack.
I have two h/s calculators, ReadyHeli and Dark Horse, which seem to give conflicting results.
Plugging in my parameters, the ReadyHeli one gives a h/s of 3215 rpm with full batteries, but it describes this as the 'hover' rpm, but the Dark Horse one gives 3094 rpm, presumably at full throttle.
I am trying to work out if I need to change pinion size (currently 13t) when I go to the higher batteries.
My throttle curve is 80% flat, which by my reckoning means max h/s of 2475 rpm, which sounds safe, if a little low.
Does this sound right? and if so, should I go ahead?

Thanks

Borderlord
I found a 12t to be best at 90-95 efficiency, but 13t will work if you just don't like running your motor that high. You didn't list what motor KV you are using. If the KV recommended of 1600 at 90 you would see 2565rpm. I found the Dark Horse to be the most spot on, but you do need to tweak the settings.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:28 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
lI sold my DX7 tonight on e-bay , It went for $110..
I should sell all my stuff. Fact: I can't fly upright backwards yet. Very frustrating. I can now do rainbows and a reasonable tick tock for 10 seconds. It keeps me interested. When I think I should practice more, I think 'why should I?'. No hurry.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:18 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
What? radial bearings. Mine have no such bearings.
Two radial bearings and a thrust bearing in the Pro tail grips.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jan 12, 2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:46 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,833 Posts
Quote:
Nope none in mine and none in the parts chart or in the assemble instructions. Had me worried for about half a second sense I have replaced mine once. They have two! what would be nice is to do away with the thrust and just add Angular contact bearings
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mhills51; Jan 12, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:17 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
For some reason I thought of these when mhills said his didn't have them. I don't know why.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:09 PM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,272 Posts
mhills51

Thanks for the quick reply and helpful info.
I am using 13t at the moment. I will keep this on for the first flights, just for a back to back comparison, but your suggestion of 12t and 95% on the throttle sounds like it could be more efficient, so that will be my next move.
Out of interest, I ran the numbers for my current set up, 5s, 13t and 80% throttle, and it comes out to 2320 rpm.
I read on the forum people talking about 3000 rpm. Believe me, if I ever get into that area, it will be from behind a very big wall of sandbags, lol.
In your post, you mentioned tweaking the settings on Dark Horse. Which settings would these be?

Thanks again

Borderlord
Border Lord is offline Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:47 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,833 Posts
The 500pro's with the slanted main run at 3000 rpm. I have a 11t on my pro so I am right at 2900 at 90
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:24 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
Just about finished with my Align 550 v2..Just waiting on my 600MX 1220 kv motor that should have been here a few days ago. Build went together very well . And typical Align quality. ( very Good Imo ) I dont much care for this canopy. Kinda boring blah-za if you ask me. Will pick up a fusuno and some matching fins soon.

** Notice the align 600xl motor in the background. I cant even give it away at $35 with 5 free pinions. Lmao...Finicky E-bay folks i suppose. ahhhh well .

Here is the plane i will be building next month..Gotta get ready for some spring plank fun.

Forgot to mention, the head in this 550 is unlike I have ever flown or set up before. It has positive and negative deltas one can adjust for mild 3D or FC3 extream 3D..thought that was pretty kool. Of course I took the latter and set it up for basic 3d. No ribbons for me to win anytime soon.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Jan 13, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:04 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,833 Posts
Looks nice!

I just made a deal for the swash I need for the Logo. $55 that's $20 less than new.

Dejavu do you need a speed control for that?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:16 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Looks nice!

I just made a deal for the swash I need for the Logo. $55 that's $20 less than new.

Dejavu do you need a speed control for that?
Thank you.

For the plank yes..a 60 amp...have one ? I have yet to order plane or electronics..will be from a paycheck in Feb. Was tuff to decide on what plane I wanted to go with. And this one seemed to have all that I was looking for.

I have a hobby wing 100amp in the align 550..
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion