SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:41 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
HOLY feck!

Thats was totally insane. It’s a large mosquito! Shame about the poor flight video. You can see the frame rate is too slow and couldn’t keep up with the speed of the helis movement.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:28 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Helidirect has 430mm Stealth blades for $15
Have you used them before? I saw it too and posted the link however the reviews on helidirect are mixed..
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:36 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
No it was a regular 500. Someone asked him on the forum. Helifreak. Here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=orHiutfmUTQ
I am amazed these helis hold together. I'd like to see a high speed wide angle camera on the tail pointed at the the head during a flight like this.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:43 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Have you used them before? I saw it too and posted the link however the reviews on helidirect are mixed..
I bought a pair of them..have them on my 500e. .....balance was close enough, no blemishes. So for only $15 I give em a thumbs up.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:55 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I bought a pair of them..have them on my 500e. .....balance was close enough, no blemishes. So for only $15 I give em a thumbs up.
I was looking at them at first until mhills posted the link for the Align blemished blades for 19 bucks shipped..
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:38 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,230 Posts
I got my beast DNA pack all soldered up and charged for tomorrow. It's going to be 50 degrees. This will be the highest C rated pack I have used in the pro.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:40 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,310 Posts
Quote:
I got my beast DNA pack all soldered up and charged for tomorrow. It's going to be 50 degrees. This will be the highest C rated pack I have used in the pro.
Hopefully more positive reviews like BF.. Mine are still on the slow swisspost boat..
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:50 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Quote:
Hope you can get to fly them side by side with other packs for comparative purposes.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:20 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,230 Posts
Well I didn't do a side by side, but I could tell it had a lot more punch and when going inverted I didn't have to put a lot of negative in. I also had my timer set that would of left me with 30% and this pack read 48%
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:35 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
So going thru E-bay..In an auction I won an Align 600mx motor and second winning bid was an align servo..This going thru company rc_rocks_us..Meanwhile 10 days later no tracking number and items still not here. I send them an email asking for an explanation.. Come to find out they auction off product they dont even have.
Here is a first response from Rc_rocks_us.. " About your order, unfortunately your servo and motor are both out of stock. New ones will arrive and be shipped tomorrow. As your order shipped, a tracking number will be sent to you via a notification email.Our fault not to notify you sooner about this situation. If you cannot wait that long, please let us know. We will refund you immediately.Once again, we apologize and thank you for your purchase.Van....

LoL and Wow...Again these were auction Items...Would be like me auctioning off a car i dont actually have.

Buyer Beware of rc_rocks_us Via E-bay.

And here is their second response to an E-mail .." We had it at the time of auction, but were out of stock shortly after". Again, your order is ready to ship tomorrow. Do you still want to proceed it? or cancel the order and refund you?Thank you, Daisy.

And my last responce...By all means ship my order a.s.a.p.....I just cant get over that you actually sold off my product elsewhere that was "eartaged" for the winner of an auction.....Would be like me auctioning off a car i dont have or selling off a car i dont have.

Well thats Thursdays amusement anyways....CrAZY biz. ethics nowdays..I seriously cant imagine doing this with my customers..it just blows me away..lol
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Jan 10, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:27 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
I think they're taking the concept of "just in time" ordering ad absurdium. There seem to be a lot of eBay sellers that do that, normally indicated by very protracted expected delivery dates. Hope you do get your stuff, and leave appropriate feedback after you get it!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:50 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
I think they're taking the concept of "just in time" ordering ad absurdium. There seem to be a lot of eBay sellers that do that, normally indicated by very protracted expected delivery dates. Hope you do get your stuff, and leave appropriate feedback after you get it!
Yeah...I really hate to leave neg...In 5 years i have only had to do it one time..This will be my second. Now if i were them I would offer up a token gift in order to avoid the neg. But thats just me. They did not. So its on !!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:46 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
My Align 550 v2 kit just came in.. ( yes, you know me. its a FB ) Next build if and when will be fbl.
As posted above my electronics were to be here as well by now. But such is life. ...No need to time me on this build. I'm just not feeling the heli mojo today..I figure i should be done with this one in about a week. keep in mind this is the heli taking place of my Align 600e Pig that i trashed on x-mas day.
Rather then spend $300 to fix the old school 600 on 6s. I took the money and went with this align 550 v2 and transferring over the electronics. The 600mx motor will be an upgrade from what i had in the 600e.
Which by the way . I cant even give that 600xl motor away..I have it listed on ebay for a lousy $35 including 3 free pinions and it still wont move..lol
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:47 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Had a failure on the 500 yesterday!!! YAY!

Currently I’m still trying to dial in the mems gyro. In a pitch pump the tail holds but in fast forward flight I get some tail wag (can hear it only). If I drop the gain 1 or 2 points I get tail kicks on pitch pumps.

So decided to charge up 4 lipos and get out there to concentrate on fixing the gain issue. Spooled up on the first lipo, step up to ID1. Had it on a hover for 30sec... then you hear the tail wag noise, then BANG! Heli is spinning and tail bobbing violently. Manage to kill power and auto down breaking another full set of HK landing gear.

Went to look at what happen and found 1 tail grip assembly was missing due to the Hex Head bolt breaking off. Silly me was too slack to rebuild the tail section last week and was planning to do it that night. My tail rebuild was over due by 10 flights.

Anyways the damage was:
Landing gears (pipes are all good)
Tail shaft (bent from unbalanced tail assembly)
Tail rotor hub (screw thread stuck inside)
Missing Tail rotor grip with bearings
Missing Tail blade.
Bent bracket hold the tail control arm

I have a feeling that the reason why the bolt broke was due to excessive side play in the tail grip. Not due to screw backing out, but more wear inside the HK tail grip.

Would be a good chance to buy the Align tail assembly now.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Manage to kill power and auto down breaking another full set of HK landing gear.
Gorilla gear wouldn't have broken and probably would have spared you some damage. They cost more but in the long run they will save you money.

Quote:
I have a feeling that the reason why the bolt broke was due to excessive side play in the tail grip. Not due to screw backing out, but more wear inside the HK tail grip.
The original Align ESP design grips have just as much sideways play as the HK and Tarot ones. I never had any problems with the Tarot ones but I was using grade metric grade 12-9 alloy steel screws because I didn't trust the Tarot ones.The collar screws and other specialty screws on the Tarot kits are fine (probably because they are custom manufactured screws) but the generic screws look like they are just buying them in bulk from whoever is selling at the lowest price. In any case it cost me less than 10 bucks to replace them all with plenty of spares left over so it wasn't a problem.

What HS are you running btw, if you are running at over 2600rpm then you are overdriving the tail and that could be part of the cause for it letting go like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post

Would be a good chance to buy the Align tail assembly now.
If you go this route get the Pro type grips with two radial bearings. The original ESP grips have been discontinued and Align no longer sells the hubs. Tarot still makes the old style hub but one costs almost as much as two of the new Pro hubs from Align.

The Spectrrum A5040's are going into my backup heli, I do not believe that they are as good as the 28013MG's They get warm quickly and have a much larger deadband. Also out of the three I bought 2 were defective, one which I sent back and one which was missing the bottom ball bearing (the output gear was resting directly on the plastic). Great that the only way to find out about that defect is to open the servo which absolves them of having to fix it, nice one there Spectrum.

Not buying Spectrum products again, "quality" my ass.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jan 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM.