HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:16 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,858 Posts
How about a Gremlin then, they were another wacky looking car!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:20 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Heh, maybe I'll stick with The Homer.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:20 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I run 3100 on my blemished align 3G blades.
Will be picking these up too. The Stealth blades have mixed reviews.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:38 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
How about a Gremlin then, they were another wacky looking car!
Is that an Aztec?
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:45 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,858 Posts
yes, probably for one day only! The lead character in Breaking Bad drives one, I think they thought long and hard about him having an ugly car!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:51 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
You should get your 2 Doggs in another pose. I wish I had dogs like this.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:57 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,858 Posts
Those look like 700's to me, I prefer my 450! (one passed on three years ago)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Didn't know - sorry to hear about that!
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,322 Posts
Had an encounter with a basketball pole yesterday. I was doing piros fine tuning gyro gain when I drifted behind the pole about 4 feet in front of it, never noticed it till it was in front of the helicopter mid piro. Stopped the piro with the nose facing me as soon as I noticed this then I brainlocked from the unexpected distraction and lost orientation. Helicopter went into the pole about 3 feet off the ground. I don't even remember hitting throttle hold, I guess it's a reflex now.

Exploded blades, bent mainshaft, ruined bearings in the blade grips, 1 tooth missing from the maingear and a damaged swash (the plastic ring took damage) Surprisingly the pitch control arms on the RJX head survived and the mainshaft bearings weren't damaged (I think the washers in the thrust bearings may help protect the radial bearings from lateral hits)

Somehow the feathering shaft wasn't damaged but I replaced it anyway. Also the little antenna mount loop on the front gorilla gear was ripped off but I don't need that anyway so I just removed the one on the back to match. I think the crash would have been way worse without it, it basically came down on the front corner and bounced.

I put the Chaos 500 swash I had laying around on it (which is actually a Phoenixtech swash, it came in a Phoenixtech bag) compared with the Tarot swash it doesn't have a plastic ring (the upper swash ring is solid aluminum with a ball joint in the middle), and there's about 0.3mm of vertical play between the lower and upper sections of the swash. It also rotates more freely than the Tarot swash (both these are probably because it doesn't have a plastic ring) It also uses m2 balls instead of m2.5 balls and they are slightly bigger than the Tarot ones. Tarot links were too tight so I used Align Trex 600 links on it and they are perfect (they also don't need to be reamed to work with the balls on the RJX grips)

The head also seems to have less delta slop (almost none now) than it did with the Tarot swash, this might have to do with the plastic radius arms fitting the balls a little more tightly.

Spectrum A5040's came yesterday so I'm installing those as I put it back together.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jan 05, 2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:33 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
yes, probably for one day only! The lead character in Breaking Bad drives one, I think they thought long and hard about him having an ugly car!
lol...very true..I remember the year the aztecs came out. ( 2004 i think ) The following year it was voted most ugly car.

Dave : I sold my DX7 tonight on e-bay , It went for $110..I was shocked considering it had that damn sticky "down" button. I listed the problem and ppl fought over it all the same. I was really only expecting $60. Geeezz now what to do with all this spare money..Buy an aztec maybe ?? har har

Again thanks for the "plane" link. Im going to go thru them when i buy.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:13 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
AS...sorry to hear about the crash..Sounds like it wasn't too bad all things considered.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:13 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,322 Posts
A5040's are on hold for now, one of them is defective.

The defect is subtle and might have been missed by some people. The servo turns smoothly clockwise, but when turning counter clockwise it turns in visable steps. Subtrim causes it to move every step clockwise, but only every 2 or three steps counter clockwise. In addition, with certain amounts of subtrim it will jitter like it's seeking a position that it can't find. I checked it against the other two and this is the only one out of the three that does this.

Very, very annoyed by this, I bought name brand servos specifically to avoid problems like this and I got a bad servo out of the box for the first time. I sent email to Amain Hobbies, hopefully they will make good on this.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:27 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
A5040's are on hold for now, one of them is defective.

The defect is subtle and might have been missed by some people. The servo turns smoothly clockwise, but when turning counter clockwise it turns in visable steps. Subtrim causes it to move every step clockwise, but only every 2 or three steps counter clockwise. In addition, with certain amounts of subtrim it will jitter like it's seeking a position that it can't find. I checked it against the other two and this is the only one out of the three that does this.

Very, very annoyed by this, I bought name brand servos specifically to avoid problems like this and I got a bad servo out of the box for the first time. I sent email to Amain Hobbies, hopefully they will make good on this.
AMain is very good about returns. Sorry about the crash also.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:12 AM
Marx and Lennon
NW Atlanta
Joined Jan 2007
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
That seems like more of a problem with low grade screws than a problem with the head.
We had a similar problem with screw failure, only it was the Tail Rotor blade grips. My friend was flying the first flight: there was a "bang!" and he starts hopping around, holding his knee. Heli settled safely to the ground. The grip screw simply parted (from being in tension) and the blade and grip flew off, leaving the other out of balance. Whole tail ass'y disintegrated and hit him in the knee. Amazing. Reminded me of the parallel between HK helis and Daisy Red Rider BB guns:
"It's always fun until someone loses an eye...."
S_Dave is offline Find More Posts by S_Dave
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:19 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,670 Posts
Xion, Helidirect has pre orders for your goblin 500 and pics.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member