HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:59 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,468 Posts
Evltoy: lol...or that...yes that may work.

So i have a new DX8 tx..Been working all night on getting my models transfered in. Wow what a . I now know why ppl use the same TX for so many years. You just about have to start from scratch with the dial in and set up.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Dec 14, 2012 at 01:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:10 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
I dont know.... All 10 Blue lipo’s have the same cell (6) fail. What are the odds of that happening? I understand the cells can fail, but all ten packs with only cell number 6!

To me I feel like something else may be causing or encouraging the problem.
I would be suspicious about the charger as well ...
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
I would be suspicious about the charger as well ...
Possibly, I have 4 Turnigy 8150s that I have been using for a couple years for 6S, as well as a couple Accucel-6s for much longer than that.
I'll check calibrations again, then check the measured voltage at the balance leads with a meter and compare it with the displayed voltages for each cell at a very low charge rate.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:18 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Evltoy: lol...or that...yes that may work.

So i have a new DX8 tx..Been working all night on getting my models transfered in. Wow what a . I now know why ppl use the same TX for so many years. You just about have to start from scratch with the dial in and set up.
Looks good Could I ask why you got this instead of the DX-7s? I've almost gotten the 7s a few times, but I'll use what I have for a while longer. I also almost bought the Aurora 9 a couple times, but didn't do that either. It was at the LHS for a few months, but no one was interested in it apparently, and he sent it back.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
Looks good Could I ask why you got this instead of the DX-7s? I've almost gotten the 7s a few times, but I'll use what I have for a while longer. I also almost bought the Aurora 9 a couple times, but didn't do that either. It was at the LHS for a few months, but no one was interested in it apparently, and he sent it back.
I was originally going to get the dx7s..but then I considered all the options the dx8 has over the 7s. And it was worth the extra money . The back lite screen is really nice. The 7s only has one idle up. That and I got a really good deal from a guy in here for only $250 and the tx is like new. I just finished dialing in the last model into the dx8 tonight .All in all it is a much nicer radio compared to my original dx7. I understand the Aurora 9 can be a little complicated to figure out. That true ? Well then again, you dig the electronics side of the hobby. Where as me...meh not so much..
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Dec 15, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:34 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I was originally going to get the dx7s..but then I considered all the options the dx8 has over the 7s. And it was worth the extra money . The back lite screen is really nice. The 7s only has one idle up. That and I got a really good deal from a guy in here for only $250 and the tx is like new. I just finished dialing in the last model into the dx8 tonight .All in all it is a much nicer radio compared to my original dx7. I understand the Aurora 9 can be a little complicated to figure out. That true ?
Good! I'll probably get that next. My question about the A9 was the availability of RXs and general uptake & future support. I have no problems with Spek. The DX7 22ms latency that doesn't seem to affect me, not sure about DSM-X latency, I mean that is the one remaining complaint about Spek that I've heard.. I suppose as I get older, my reflexes will get faster, and I'll notice it then
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3,468 Posts
If you decide on a dx8. there is a guy in here. ( owns a hobby shop ) sells em for $300 brand new..so don't pay retail.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:05 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
Good! I'll probably get that next. My question about the A9 was the availability of RXs and general uptake & future support. I have no problems with Spek. The DX7 22ms latency that doesn't seem to affect me, not sure about DSM-X latency, I mean that is the one remaining complaint about Spek that I've heard.. I suppose as I get older, my reflexes will get faster, and I'll notice it then
Aloft Hobbies has the third party A9 receivers from FrSky for $23. You can't get third party DSMX receivers yet though that may come some day.

There's a guy on Ebay who sells A9's for around $250, he's also an authorized Hitec dealer so you get the warranty.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:01 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,930 Posts
I love my Futaba lol! I also get the rx's from Aloft. Just a little of the subject, I have seen at least three guys in the last two weeks almost drop their dx8 because of the vibration. I'm starting to think it's not that good a feature. Maybe for spek if everyone keeps dropping the remotes.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:08 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
869 Posts
You can turn that off.
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:10 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
You can turn that off.
But it's a feature!! lol! you wouldn't want to miss out on a feature
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:18 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
But it's a feature!! lol! you wouldn't want to miss out on a feature
you almost need a aerospace deg to program all the features this thing has
lmao I'm just happy it makes my heli go where I want it to
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,930 Posts
That is why I decided not to move up to the super8. I don't want to go back to college!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
you almost need a aerospace deg to program all the features this thing has
lmao I'm just happy it makes my heli go where I want it to
Ya, I got the "autopilot" adapter installed on my Dx8, kind of neat to set it on a table and watch the stick's move on their own, while the helicopter hurtles across the sky.

You want something tough to program, try the new Deviation software for the Walkera radios that makes them compatible with just about everything out there. I have a Devo 10 and love it, works great with all my Spekrtum stuff, but you need a PHD in just about everything computer related to understand the programming aspects. When I go to the forum groups and read some of the posts it's like watching a episode of "The Big Bang Theory" with Sheldon going off about something most people have no clue about.
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Last edited by Muskoka1; Dec 15, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:07 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,930 Posts
Challenge accepted, bazinga!!

Knock Knock Knock Musk, Knock Knock Knock Musk, Knock Knock Knock, Musk!
RCG Plus Member